The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VOICES by Jeff Prace (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Aljaz Son
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of Aljaz Son
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the nice words.
But the real thanks goes to you.

This DVD made me reflect on the magic I am creating and presenting. Hopefully I will start hearing some of my own Voices Smile

And as for Strawsome well,...
I am with Andrei on this one Smile
Give it some value at least, its too good!

Regards
Aljaž
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6921 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Looks great, Jeff. You are one creative dude!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks, Aljaz and Cameron!

For those who want to purchase from their local or preferred dealer, Murphy's Magic has received their shipment, and this will be distributed world-wide within the next week!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Still waiting on a few items to make a gimmick, but my review will come soon!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
My review for "Voices" by Jeff Prace:

I want to start off by being completely transparent. I was given a review copy of this from Jeff, but I do not know Jeff personally and the fact that this is a review copy will not alter my thoughts on it. Also, I must say, I had seen this advertised and I completely looked over it. It didn't look like there was anything I would ever perform. Boy was I wrong!

Time to begin!

FLAVORLESS: This can be seen around 12 seconds on the trailer on Penguin. I'm fairly certain I've seen this before from Jeff on some other project or release, but I may be wrong.
If you aren't aware, the effect is this: You are chewing a piece of gum, you remove it from your mouth and place it on your hand. You then take the pack that you removed the gum from and you give the chewed gum a slight tap with the pack. Suddenly the chewed gum visually changes into a brand new piece of gum.
This was my least favorite effect from the DVD. It looks very visual, but the chewed gum shape isn't that deceptive in my mind. I, for one, will never use it. The method is fine and dandy, it's very practical, but it's not for me. If you want a super visual change from chewed gum to brand new, then it may be worth considering this. I just don't find that plot extremely attractive. At least, not in this form. I think in order for it to be REALLY impressive, you should use a gum in a wrapper (Jay Sankey's "Wrap It Up.") I should mention, this is a gimmicked effect, but the gimmicks required to make up this effect are NOT included in the DVD. It would take a trip to a local Walmart or craft store to acquire the necessary items.

Not a BAD method, just not one I'll be using.

6/10

CONTAINMiNT: This can be seen around 1:05 in the demo on penguin. This one really surprised me. When I opened up the included "Gimmicks" package and I saw the gimmick used for this, I laughed out loud. It's very clever.
The effect: You show a pack of orange tictacs. You quickly cover them with your shirt and the tictacs have now all turned white.
When I saw the demo for this, I thought I knew exactly what was going on. I also thought it was an all too familiar effect and method (Thanks to Daniel Garcia.) Although the main method is essentially the same thing, this does have a very nice improvement. In this method, you can actually see the orange tictacs moving around when you shake the pack. The spectators are actually looking at real tictacs instead of a static picture. This is a nice improvement over other methods. I made up the gimmick (everything is included in the package) fairly quickly. I probably had it made up in about 5-10 minutes. It was very simple to do. I have performed this, and it has gotten nice reactions. But only "nice" reactions. I'm sure this is because they knew they were about to see a trick. I think if this were performed casually for someone when they weren't expecting a trick, they would be very fooled. The spectators I performed it on were particularly impressed when I showed them that the opposite side was also white. They were even more impressed when they could examine the box. I should also mention that you don't have to cover it with your shirt. You could just as easily snap and have the box change (Ala Greg Wilson.)

This isn't a show-stopper, and I won't be adding it into my usual repertoire, but it is an improvment over other methods.

7/10

FUEL: This can be seen 20 seconds into the demo.
The basic effect: A mini BIC lighter is shown. The logo is on both sides. With a rub, the logo vanishes from both sides. With a shake, they both return. With a blow, the logos vanish once again VERY CLEANLY and then with a simple tap they return. Now as the lighter is rotated, the logos jump from the top of the lighter to the bottom. It then clearly hops back up to the top with a shake. The lighter is then placed in a spectator's hand. They are told to tell you where they want the logo to end up. When they open their hand, the logo has multiplied on both sides. It now takes up the majority of space on the lighter.
This is another effect that, on first glance, I simply wasn't impressed with. It seemed like every other Pa**** M*** routine out there. However when I watched the full performance and the method, I was really impressed. While it is using a Pa**** M***, it has some very nice moments in it. There is one very nice moment in particular where the front and back of the lighter is shown blank very clearly without any P.M.s it is nice. The amount of magic in this routine is CRAZY. There is so much happening. I have performed this several times for people in the "real world" and it has gotten OUTSTANDING reactions every time. A few people thought they knew what was going on with the first phase, but when the second phase occurred, they were clueless. The ending hit them right between the eyes. They weren't expecting it AT ALL and really took them by surprise. My friends who have seen many effects were extremely impressed by this.
The nice thing about this is that it doesn't require a switch of any kind. When I watched the demo, I assumed a switch was happening. I was wrong. The gimmicks are included in the package and are VERY nicely produced. You get enough to make three gimmicked lighters (I think. I'm not home right now to check.) It was also very easy to make up. Again, it probably took 5-10 minutes tops.

I absolutely love this and have kept my gimmicked lighter with me every day.

10/10

CLASPED: This can be seen at 48 seconds in the demo.
The effect: A ring is borrowed. It vanishes. It is on the necklace the magician has been wearing the whole time.
I saw this, and (shocker) I wasn't impressed by the demo. I had used Peter Eggink's "Exit" in many performances and I assumed this was the same thing. I was VERY wrong in the best way possible! This thing is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. The method is extremely clever and far better than "Exit." In performance this looks a lot like "Closure" by B. Smith. I don't own Closure, but from what I've read here, it had a very complicated and impractical set up. This set up is hardly even considered set up. You just have to put your necklace on. There's no external pieces or crazy devices. It isn't mechanical in any way. The gimmicks for this are not included with the DVD which means it will take some work to find everything. Personally, I'm lazy so I asked Jeff where he got everything he used to make it. I had to order them from online (The rope and clasp) because I couldn't find a proper rope or clasp at my local Walmart. There is another gimmick that I am still waiting to receive, but I honestly don't think I'll be needing it. I had an idea that I shared with Jeff to eliminate the use of that other gimmick. It is the same method Jeff uses, just a different way to accomplish one small point in it. I have performed this various times today and it is killer. It's so fun to perform and it is effortless in operation.This is by far my favorite effect on the DVD. I'm in love with this method. It's simple, but that's where its beauty lies.

I will be using this very often.

10/10

Bonuses:
Effects:
1) A drink that you've been drinking all evening visually changes while in a straw.
2) A borrowed ring vanishes and appears on the chord of your headphones even though it's plugged into your phone in your pocket.
3) A logo on a lighter flies from one lighter onto another (can be seen on the demo.)

I will not rate these because they are bonuses.

Overall, this is a very nice investment and I am SO glad I got the opportunity to review it. I would get it.

Thanks, Jeff!
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just performed Clasped for a large group. They absolutely freaked out!

The vanish of the ring alone had everyone amazed. When it appeared on the necklace... They lost it.

I think this is one of the best (if not THE best) ring flight available.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks, Maddy, for the wonderful review! I am glad you enjoyed the DVD and are already performing the tricks!

Strawesome is now available to download for FREE over at Penguin Magic. Simply add the item to your cart and check out as usual. You will not be charged, and Strawesome will be added to your account! This is one of the bonus tricks on Voices, so you can get a taste of the DVD with no monetary commitment.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4951
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Everyone needs to download strawesome. It's a seriously great effect.

I also forgot to mention tht the 15 minute creative session is great! Jeff provides nice ideas and even talks about a few effects during it.

Again, this whole thing is great.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Strawesome has been getting great reviews over at Theory11! There are 10 reviews, and each one of them is positive. This FREE download is also available through Penguin Magic. If you're interested in Voices, Strawesome is a great 'taste' of the content on the DVD.

The 15-minute creative session was very fun to do. We discussed how to be more creative, some unfinished ideas, my thoughts on publishing magic, and more. It was unscripted, and it contains a lot of information within a short amount of time.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Guys! This is one of the best DVDs I have watched. This thing is literally leaking creativity. Jeff has really outdone himself on this one. The DVD comes with a bag of gimmicks which are supplies to make the effects. One thing you need to know is that this needs a bit of time to construct each effect. It is a bit of an arts and crafts project. But trust me, it is so worth it.

I made up the Containmint gimmick (changing Tic Tacs) and it is genius. This is really cool because the Tic Tacs are really moving inside of the case. The handling is simple and really easy, however you can adapt the handling to make it more challenging and visual. The gimmick is pretty sturdy but will require you to make a new one due to wear and tear.

Another great one was Flavourless. This was a chewed and restored chewing gum effect, that is hyper-visual. The method is very doable and you most likely have the supplies to make this at home already, the gimmick will last you forever and can be in your wallet or bag all day. The restored gum can be given to the spectator to eat or examine. Really cool.

Clasped is a ring flight effect. When I first saw the method, I thought it wouldn't be practical. But as soon as I mad it up, this thing works! I am going to wear this thing every day! The routine is so easy and a killer. Easily worth the price of the DVD.

There were a few lighter effects which I cannot comment on due to the fact I cannot buy lighters because I am under 18. However, you receive supplies to make these effects and they are very clever.

I really enjoyed the bonus effect Strawsome where a drink visually changes whilst inside a straw. The method allows you to end clean and there are no gimmicks. Minor set up, but so worth it. Another ring flight is taught except the ring ends up on the headphones. The vanish is really nice and I will be using it.

Finally, there is a fifteen minute creative session where Jeff gives you advice and ideas for creating your own magic. He has a really great theory when it comes to creating magic. Taught is a version of the stiff rope using Apple earphones.

Overall, guys, just get this! If not for the effects, the theory and talk on creativity is worth every cent. The DVD is well shot and everything is taught really well so you are confident to start performing right away. Well done Jeff, this is a winner!

10/10
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks, James, for the great review!

There is a new review posted on Penguin Magic. I'll add it here for your reference:

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2014, Gabbo wrote:
... Lets start with Jeff itself. All he have is good products in the market and this one is no exception. He's so inspiring, the methods behind his tricks make you smile.

My favorite one is FUEL! So, so good!! So visual, organic, clean and doesn't take space in my pockets. My second favorite one is FLAVORLESS! This one is perfect to start a gum routine and is perfect for any situation because it looks impromptu andddd I can't forget the last 15 min of the dvd! It will help you to create magic and he teach you a cool trick with headphones... yuupp you NEED this!!! Only $25? Really Jeff?
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
James' review, which he posted on the first page of this thread, is now available to read on his great review website:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/voices-by-jeff-prace.html

Also, on an unrelated note, Murphy's Magic Supplies now wholesales this worldwide! You can now purchase Voices at your favorite magic store!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
johnstess
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of johnstess
Good evening everyone,

I was lucky enough to receive a copy from Jeff and I want to start this review off with a disclaimer. Jeff is one of my good friends, yet one of the hardest critiques of my magic, we often go back and forth killing each others magic. So do not think for a second that I will go easy on Jeff because we are friends.

For me "FLAVORLESS" and "Fuel" are nice pieces of magic but they do not fit my performing style.

"CONTAINMINT" Is a very cool, practical way to change the color of tic-tacs. I honestly love the method behind this, and I am actually using this. I have worked this for countless people and it gets me great reactions, fast, visual, and clever! Love it.

Now we get to my second favorite effect on the project "CLASPED." Jeff skyped me with this a while back and I have loved it ever since. Honestly my favorite ring on lace effect to date. Simple, and direct. Only downside is there is a bit of construction but if you want an amazing Ring on lase this is the way to go.

Lastly, my absolute favorite item on this project has to be "STRAWESOME" and honestly, Jeff has to be a MAD MAN for giving this away on the wire and penguin magic. People this is real world brilliant magic. Completely impromptu, visual color changing drink! Not only did this fool me when Jeff showed me it in person, but it has fooled everyone I show it too. Including my girlfriend who honestly is a very good magic critic. (Jeff requested that I admit this in a public forum)

My final thoughts are that this project is honestly well worth the money. Not only does it come with Gimmicks, and clever visual magic, but it also comes with a fifteen minute creative session which I found enlightening. All in all, If you are looking for real world, hard hitting, fun magic this is the place for you. Jeff offers a refreshing new approach to modern day magic and I think he knocked it out of the park with this one.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1361 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey ! Just ordered from Jeff Prace Smile

I'll post a detailed review after receiving Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1361 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
He will supply more materials to do with all effects and bonuses purchasing directly from him. =)
Don't need to go out and buy stuff :p
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Thanks, John, for the great comments!

And thank you, Ceierry, for your order! If you would like to order directly from me, you can do so here:
http://www.jeffprace.com/voices.html

While it was mentioned briefly in a customer's review on the first page of this thread, the DVD includes two PDFs so you can make additional gimmicks for some of the effects. While plenty are inside the package, you can always make your own if needed!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
879 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
I have to say I was impressed with this release by Jeff. Although I am sure he does not know it, I am quite the fan, and have most if not all of the things he has put out, either in extras that he has thrown in or in direct purchases. While not all on this DVD appeals to me I do like the thinking that has gone into it.

Fuel and Light Flight have gone directly into my pocket. Ever since I got hold of a copy, I really liked performing Jean-Luc Bertrands No Smoking. F & LF have replaced it for now. It seems a tad bit more organic to me. Both are based on the same move, but similarities, I feel, end there. I will need to print up more gimmicks or order some from Jeff (as I have no clue what to print them on!) as me being the eager beaver I am, went out, got some lighters, and long story short, I need more....lol. My fault, and had nothing to do with how everything is put together. It is very easy, I can just sometimes be over zealous. Anyhoooo.... I like this effect alot.

Clasped is another effect I like. While I have not made it up, I can see the potential. I find that it is a conglomeration (ONLY IN MY OPINION) of three ring to necklace effects that I own. Not sure if Mr Prace was inspired by the three that I am thinking of, but his certainly is the one I might consider doing. Well done.

Containmint hold a small bit of interest for me, but I most likely wont do it that often, if at all. I like the method, but I don't generally carry a big box of tictacs with me. Might try it though.

Flavorless is a nice gum trick, but (PERSONALLY) I have ones I like a little better in my arsenal.

SO I got a couple effects off this DVD. That, to me, makes my purchase 100% worth it. Not a single complaint here, and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

Once again, Well Done Jeff.......
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4248 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
What is "Light Flight"?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Wow! Judah Vee, THANK YOU for the awesome comments. I'm so happy that you already started performing some of the tricks.

Blindside785 - Light Flight is a moving logo on lighter effect. There are two versions: a one lighter handling and a two lighter handling. See video performances by clicking on the links below.

One lighter handling ( uncut webcam performance)
Two lighter handling (uncut live performance)

Each version uses a slightly different gimmick. The two lighter handling is included within the Voices package. The one lighter handling is a limited time offer when you order from Penguin Magic or directly from me.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Jeff Stone, the writer behind Magic Reviewed, received his copy of Voices! He should be posting an official review soon.

You can see him "unbox" the DVD, along with other items, through this link:
http://youtu.be/kvonzsURj3E
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VOICES by Jeff Prace (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL