The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PS, I love you. New one from Steve Shufton » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (264 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Cool! I like Steve's stuff, though I'm more interested in visual magic rather than predictions and the like. Business card magic is becoming very popular, however! If I had some I might really be interested!! Smile

Thanks!

Jim
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
This looks pretty good. I may take the plunger. Errrr,the plunge.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
I bought inexplicable from steve shufton a while back. I cant believe he is now actually admitting it should be thrown away in the ad copy for his new trick. I was deeply bothered and disappointed by my purchase due to the misleading advertising...buyer beware!

Mindblowingly,
Charles
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I like his Portal and 3D Paradox. I don't remember quite as much hype with them.

Although Inexplicable isn't "bad" and some really like it, it certainly didn't live up to it's hype.

It's because of the hype that I have some concern. I am anxious to see what other's say about it, once it is available.

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Jim, are you talking about hype for "P.S. I Love You"?

This is the first thread I've seen about it, and before your post there were only four total posts about it. Are there other threads about this effect that I missed?

Jim
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
It certainly looks interesting, but I hope Steve's idea of what constitutes"Business cards" and "a Pen" is different from his idea of what constituted an "envelope" on 'Inexplicable.'
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I Had the privilege to receive a review copy of this Booklet

I just finished to read it fairly through. I like the Method and the
Effects described a lot. The Method is simple and direct.

I was able to duplicate the Effect immediatly with just a few Business Cards
and a pen.

The Methodology behind this was not new to me, but infact the combination of
different methods is what makes this Booklet a Beauty.

The Best IMHO is the Fact, that you really end Clean. No Fancy moves, No Palming
etc.

I will Drive Test it tomorrow and let you know how it plays under Real world conditions.

I highly recommand this to anyone. You can Focus completely on your Performance.

Thank you Steve for this beautiful Rendition to the Magic Community
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1828 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2014, genius wrote:
I bought inexplicable from steve shufton a while back. I cant believe he is now actually admitting it should be thrown away in the ad copy for his new trick. I was deeply bothered and disappointed by my purchase due to the misleading advertising...buyer beware!

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Thanks for the Tip

I guess next year he will be saying the same thing about this next year, assuming he gets enough suckers to Pre order !
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1408 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Agreed... my first and last preorder was Inexplicable. I wish him the best.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Pre-order at your peril.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
872 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Shufton is one of the guys that I will NEVER order from again, due to "Inexplicable".

I don't care about his reputation from 20 or 30 years ago.

His reputation now is next to nothing with me.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
I cant believe he is now actually admitting it should be thrown away in the ad copy for his new trick.

where do it say that in the ad copy? I couldn't see it...(i used the link supplied in the OP)
I've asked to be banned
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12071 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
I cant believe he is now actually admitting it should be thrown away in the ad copy for his new trick.

where do it say that in the ad copy? I couldn't see it...(i used the link supplied in the OP)

Nor could I. Produce genius.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just ordered this after quickly speaking with Dr. T....
I've asked to be banned
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Based on the experience I had with Inexplicable I will wait for all the reviews to come in before I even consider looking at this effect.
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
It says "put away your gimmicks (like inexplicable) and make room for ps"...

Shufton sold us inexplicable and now he wants us to put it away so he can sell more...little does he know that what he sold was crap and we threw it away long time ago.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:
On Nov 2, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Quote:

procy
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of procy
Rasmus, hoe did you get on with it the other day when you used it in the real world?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4896 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well, I was one that really liked Inexplicable as it never failed me to this day and has been a mind blower to all I have performed it for which has been many people and performances. I know a lot of others did not like it or the ad description. That being said- I have 3D Paradox, Portal and Inner Change to name a few along with some other effects from Steve that I really like. I will be checking this out and will share my thoughts when I get it. Also- I never met Steve and have no stake in his products- I just like Steve's thinking and creations.

RNK
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2406 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I think it a bit harsh to condemn an inventor just because of one release. Almost all creators come up with a dud every now and again (and am thinking of some REALLY top names here), and also what may not suit one could well suit another.

Over the years Steve Shufton has created some excellent and highly praised effects and I am certainly tempted with PS, I love you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » PS, I love you. New one from Steve Shufton » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (264 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL