The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet Invisible Hand- modifiable? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Hello all, have a quick question. I recently received the Vernet IH and after going through the instructions I noticed that the anchor point is at the wrist (watch). For anyone that has an IH, is it modifiable to be strapped at the forearm area like the Perfect holdout? thank you on advance
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You are more then welcome to place it anywhere you wish. I have found the wrist gives the most flexibility in delivering the device. If you shorten that to say - the forearm you are shortening your action on the line. You really have to play, experiment, and practice to find what works for you. I would say the wrist give the most flexibility for all the tricks you will perform. You would not want to have to go hide just to make adjustments for each trick you wish to perform.

My advice is to work with it as described, then when comfortable, try the shortened line and stroke. I believer the proper place to wear a wristwatch is just above the wrist bone. Some of the so called bracelet wristwatch bands are worn at the wrist bend in front of the wrist bone. If you do not wear your watch above the wrist bone, then go buy a wristwatch band and just wear it above your wristwatch. That is if you wear a wristwatch.

Have fun and keep practicing.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
As Bill said, you can put it anywhere you darn well please- but it's a question of mechanics.

The farther the anchor is towards your fingertips, the more force is exerted on the other end. Conversely, the farther the anchor is towards your shoulder, the less force.

The Perfect Holdout, while similar, operates using an entirely different force/weight ratio due to its design. You can't compare the IH, really, because they're two different animals.

Long story short:

The farther up your arm you go, the more ineffective you'll make the action and the necessary motions will have to be correspondingly broader... to the point where the device simply will not work.

The Miller style holdout is a very finicky beast and requires a lot of practice, adjustment and just plain getting used to wearing and working with it. Jack wore his constantly for a reason.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Thank you for the responses. I'll just install it and get used to it for now. I'm excited though for the effects that may be possible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Vernet Invisible Hand- modifiable? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL