The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » WD40 on metal appearing canes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

W. Mercury
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of W. Mercury
Hi,

Last week I purchased a beautiful Makah Tendo appearing cane, and since most of these were made years ago, after practicing with it for few times the paint started to crack.

I was going to put some car wax on it, and someone suggested that WD40 would be a way to go.

I know that WD40 will definitely smooth out the cane and would prevent cracking, but I'm afraid that it might eat out the paint.
If it was just some other metal cane, I would WD40'd it already, but I don't think I'll be lucky to get another new Makah Tendo.

I googled it and some says WD40 will not erase the paint, but I'm just bit paranoid. Please share your experience with WD40 on canes if you have any.

WJ
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You should not put anything on the Makah Tendo Canes. I suggest you take a lint free cloth and wipe it. Use a light solution of soap and water. Not real went just enough to wash off the dirt and oils that have built up on it. Then rise using a moist lint free cloth to wipe off the soap. This will take about an hour of your time to do it correctly. Then take another lint free cloth and wipe until it is dry. You can attach the cloths to a wooden dowel to do the inside.

I would say if you have never cleaned the cane, that is your problem.

If after all this, the cane is still not performing as you like, you can get some 3 in 1 oil, and put only a drop on a lint free cloth, and carefully wipe the cane. You don't want to be able to tell if it has anything on it all at. For storage, keep in an air tight freezer bag, with all the air squeezed out before sealing the seal.

Makah Tendo canes were one of the 1st to not need any lubricate on them.

Hope you find this process satisfactory for you.
W. Mercury
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of W. Mercury
Thanks! I will give it a try!
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
This topic was discussed on the Café back in 2008 here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=10

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
W. Mercury
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of W. Mercury
Can't believe I missed that while using the search engine.
Thanks for that Sonny!

WJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » WD40 on metal appearing canes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL