The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Spectator body load (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mago verza
View Profile
Regular user
kanagawa - japan
103 Posts

Profile of mago verza
Hello, I was looking for some good dvds or books about routines to do spectator body loads I mean for example to load the sign card in the jacket. Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you in advance
DavidMac
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
51 Posts

Profile of DavidMac
Gary Jones has a coin routine where he loads a coin into a spectator's breast pocket, it's on his lecture dvd.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1991 Posts

Profile of puggo
Harry Robson under fire - very basic load though
As mentioned, Gary Jones No Frills lecture DVD
James Brown 2008 lecture DVD has a fisr bit about direction of attention
It may be worth looking at pick pocketing stuff as a lot of it is managing peoples personal space
Charlie
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I THINK that EDDIE JOSEPH wrote a book about body loading a spectator about 60+ years ago. Abbott's (Colon,Michigan) published it.

It had good information.

In those days, one of the big gags with a spectator (male) was to "produce" a pint whiskey bottle from inside his coat. Magicians performing for kids would produce a baby nursing bottle. or a string of (Weller) wieners. For many years, I used Weller's wieners, and a rubber chicken.

I learned a lot from that book, and used some of what I learned, when I did a pick pocker act in the '60s. (See Puggo'a poat above.)

In my soon to be published book, I discuss, at length, why that type of trick is seldom seen today. ("Invasion of personal space) Especially with kids, some might be concerned about child abuse.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
steve ehlers
View Profile
Loyal user
Tucson AZ
286 Posts

Profile of steve ehlers
Michael Skinner has a routine where he loads cards in a spectators pocket. I'm sorry I don't remember where it's published. It might be on the 10 CD Michael Skinner taped correspondence with Alan Okawa.

Steve
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, Dick Oslund wrote:

I THINK that EDDIE JOSEPH wrote a book about body loading a spectator about 60+ years ago. Abbott's (Colon,Michigan) published it.

It had good information.

Dick, Eddie Joseph did indeed publish a book, The Art of Body Loading & Productions...

It was great fun loading hat coils back in the day!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Apollo Robbins has an effect on Cultural Xchange DVD called "Pits to Pockets" where he loads the card on the spectator and then produces the card from the spectator's pants pocket.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Ravi Mayar does an explanation of pick-pocketing pretending to take things from front trouser pockets whilst loading cards or coins.

I look for jackets over chairs, then load as I move past. Leave it a few minutes, then goband entertain that table.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Spectator body load (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL