The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What happens when you get 50 posts? (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5239 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Well troy16, whadya think? Pretty magical isn't it? So many colors and lights. See the unicorns? The fairies. It's so wonderful...
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Joey_Z
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin, USA
89 Posts

Profile of Joey_Z
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, FatherWilliam57 wrote:
...we should do at least twice as much listening as talking.

I guess I took the advice too seriously. Almost 12 years and still only 17 posts (18 now). Sheesh! I must be close to getting the forum equivalent of a "gimmie".
RookieMage
View Profile
New user
Rookies only have
58 Posts

Profile of RookieMage
Hey Joey_Z, that makes almost 1.5 posts per year, which is still better than 1... I am so new, I think this post makes THREE total....
Pepsi Twist
View Profile
New user
Bexhill UK
68 Posts

Profile of Pepsi Twist
Since it's basically on topic, I'll allow myself a freebie post here as well, a couple of years and I'm still way off (by the way Rookie, it says you have ONE post!)
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
I noticed that too - sometimes the counter doesn't always go up after a post. Are you limited to a certain amount per thread that count?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
You proceed to 51 then 52 and on and on. Smile Actually your question has been answered above.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Look at the F.A.Q. at the top of the site. In "What are the rankings in the Magic Café forums" it says after 100 posts you change from New User to Regular User. The 50 posts level isn't mentioned. I still have a way to go either way.
Richard
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You become a troll.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
890 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Just be sincere in your own development and take a genuine interst in the other community members. People will get to know you, and the post count will take care of itself, as it should.
TheMightyRicardo
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of TheMightyRicardo
Hi Magic Oli,
My previous response was not useful. The answer you are looking for is in the forum "When Dining with us", Topic: "Banquet Room and Secret Session Access".

Richard
Hydrostevo
View Profile
New user
Stamford, England
56 Posts

Profile of Hydrostevo
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, regimbeaup wrote:
How do you find things to say to reach 50 posts?;)

Just make ambiguous comments quoting other people Smile

It is working well for me, only 43 to go Smile
MScapes
View Profile
New user
New Brunswick, Canada
56 Posts

Profile of MScapes
Well, if it works for you Smile
Joey_Z
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin, USA
89 Posts

Profile of Joey_Z
Though this is a rather cynical way to put it, there is a good underlying point:
1) To be considered a full member you must have more than 50 posts.
2) If you ask questions that have been asked before, you will be kindly pointed toward the search function or the prior thread that addresses your question.
3) If you don't take the hint from step 2, you will be less politely pointed toward the search function.
4) You settle for some half-hearted "me too" style responses since you have learned your lesson, you have enough self awareness of your "new to magic" status, you realize that you are unlikely to ask anything revolutionary due to your new status, and you do not have the time to read back over the 3215 pages of posts that your search has yielded.
5) If you are able to make 46 more "me too" comments without feeling too foolish to continue or shamed enough by others to stop, you will reach the "magic number".

Though this seems like a rant, it really is not meant in anger. I Love this forum and I understand the need for the private section and the need to earn your entry; however, it is not easy to navigate the process if you want to contribute in a meaningful way but do not have the experience to do so...

Also, though I am jumping off of Hydrosteve's comments, I am certainly not trying to speak for him.

Whew...I feel better now (though it is sometimes a lot easier being a lurker Smile)
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, george1953 wrote:
When you reach 50 you become more aware. You notice that your bones hurt, you can't see so well, you don't hear so well etc etc.. 🔚🔜💀

hahaha Love this.. And can relate.. I am almost 50... Smile
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well...I reached 83 last month. Who am I? Why am I writing this? etc.? Everything hurts. I got a magnifying glass for Christmas, and I say, "Ha? a lot.

And, when I get the 21 cards laid out in three rows of seven, I forget what comes next.................

But, I can still spell PRESTIDIGITATION!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Joey_Z

I think yer 'RAnt' should be a sticky bun.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hey Kuroth, I'll swap for 50 anytime you like, I would jump at chance of being 50 again.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Eichenberg
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Eichenberg
Hope my magic will get better after 50 posts!
CraigMcK
View Profile
New user
Only managed
50 Posts

Profile of CraigMcK
It's a bad sign when you miss-spell a word so badly that even the spellchecker fails to recognise it!
msukairi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of msukairi
Is this thread used to make 50 Posts? I am in!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What happens when you get 50 posts? (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL