The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Easy to Master Card Magic (ETMCM) Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

"V"
View Profile
New user
UK
53 Posts

Profile of
I'm thinking of buying Ammar's ETMCM Volume 2 as most of the reviews I've seen suggest this is the best one to start with.

I have a question though: How complex are the sleights required for effects in this volume (and are those sleights taught on this tape/DVD)- the reason I ask is that I am stilll working my way through RRTCM and some of the more complex sleights are still at "practise" level - so I need to know whether the effects on ETMCM are things I will be able to learn as "short term" effects or if they will be more aspirational routines for "when I am good."
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
It is a good video. Buy the DVD if you have a player--it works much better than a tape.

The sleights are not all that hard and are standard moves. They are taught on the video.

You will enjoy the video. I use several of the tricks often.
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
I'll also vote for Vol.2,
Most for those all-time classics like:

. TWISTING THE ACES (Dai Vernon)
. CARD WARP (Roy Walton)
. THAT'S IT (Eddie Fechter)
. THE AMBITIOUS CARD

But if you don't have a DVD player yet.....Get one!
It's so much easier to maneuver than the Dinosaur they call VCR, and it will help you to make your practice sessions 10 times easier..

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
ETMCM VOl2 was the first card DVD I bought after spending a little time with RRTCM. Seeing the tricks in action was really helpful, and I like the way Ammar teaches, too. I also have Vol 1 now and really enjoy it too.

Eric.
Dbzkid999
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
407 Posts

Profile of Dbzkid999
I recommend it.

The sleights for the tricks are really simple. You might think it's hard, but when you get and watch the dvd, you'll understand everything and you will be performing by the next day.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I would also suggest you buy it. Even if you find some sleights a little difficult to master it is a great DVD to have. In my opinion though they are quite easy and you can get a lot of great ideas from watching the DVD.
HeyLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Arlington, VA (D.C. suburbs)
128 Posts

Profile of HeyLockwood
I'm tempted to say that any video by Michael Ammar is great. I went from The Royal Road to Ammar's ETMCM tapes, and it really is a great tool. The tricks already mentioned by other members here are all part of my normal repertoire. Another great tool is Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights. I have a hard time learning all these sleights from a book, so the videos are a God-send. Both guys have web sites that you can order from, but I think it's more worthwhile to support your local magic store (if there is one in your locale). And, like everyone said, get the DVD.
Why doesn't it tickle when I tickle myself, but it still hurts when I stick a fork in my eye?
"V"
View Profile
New user
UK
53 Posts

Profile of
Thanks for the advice! ETMCM Volume 2 ordered now, I shall wait with bated breath.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Easy to Master Card Magic (ETMCM) Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL