The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Smashing Repairs: a wine glass trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

equivoque
View Profile
Special user
862 Posts

Profile of equivoque
Hank Lee's has an effect called Smashing Repairs in which you apparently break a wine glass in half at the stem and then restore it. Has anyone seen it? Is it good? Can it be done standing or only seated?

Your Thoughts Please...
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Perhaps you should post that one in the Good/Bad/Garbage forum, this is not a bizarre item
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I have not seen the actual effect/prop, but I would say that it is very possible to incorporate it into a bizarre situation.

It was only a year ago that I met her, dark hair, eyes shocking green, pale she was, and her skin was like glass. Little did I realize just how like glass she was! It was not long after that we began to meet. At first just the occasional passing on the street, then the more intentional encounters began. The more I saw her, the more I had to see her! She shared with me her tale, and a glass of wine, a Merlot, deep and dark, like blood. Like her hair, smooth on my tongue, and cool to the touch of my lips.

I laughed, to think what she had told me was true! It was a nervous laugh. I wanted to not know these things...but it was too late! I curse the day we had that wine. I curse myself for my folly. See! Here! The glass she bid me to drink from! And so I do, daily, for now this is all that is left of her, this fine glass, and the wine, dark like her blood, and smooth like her hair. Yes, I drink, for it is the only way I can be with her now, my lips upon the cold glass, like her lips, cold and glass like her smooth hair. (Drink the glass of "wine") CURSE HER! CURSE ME! (Break the glass.) To be free of her, and this curse (pick up the broken bits of glass per the method for the prop) but strong was her magic, stinger than mine, and tomorrow, I shall drink with her again...(Pull forth the restored glass and hold it tenderly.) and again (Mumble quietly as you cradle the glass with care, muttering to yourself, and murmuring to the glass, you exit into the dark.)
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Sure kaytracy, I guess everything can fit in this category with the appropriate presentation and showmanship.

Does anybody actually own this gimmick?
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I think that was the original question!

I merely contend that there is no reason it cannot be in the Bizarre Magick section, as it lends itself very well!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
magicbouy
View Profile
New user
Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of magicbouy
I have it - it's o.k - more suited to an impromptu performance at a dinner table than part of an act
kaos
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of kaos
Does anybody have more info?
Is it examinable?
I think somthing like this could be really cool given the right moment.

And I must say you have a really good idea there kaytracy!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
The effect is ok, but it has to be done when you do NOT have the full attention of the group. It must be done on an off beat. The wine glass is borrowed (meaning the one at your place setting, you would not ask for one to do this effect), so examination is irrelevant. It is more of a magical sight gag rather than an effect. Smile
kaos
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of kaos
I saw this the other day.......nothing special.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Smashing Repairs: a wine glass trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL