The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 3 fold Bill Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1597 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I first learned doing a BIll Switch from Chris Randall's "Inception" (Bill in Lemon)
Then I learned Danny Archers' switch w/o the TT.
After watching issue 1 of Reel Magic Magazine, where John Lovick demonstrates a switch using only 3 folds of the bill rather than 4 folds, I changed again.
I feel the 3 fold method is more visual and more impressive looking.
Any thoughts?
Ihor
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
The less folds the better/ more magical.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7031 Posts

Profile of bowers
I like Lovicks change also.
Todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I love Jon's bill switch. I use both 3 and 4-fold routines, all tipless. 4-fold definitely easier to conceal and ditch, but 3-fold is more magical looking.

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7031 Posts

Profile of bowers
The 3 fold for me is easier to palm.
The 4 fold is easier to ditch.
Todd
WaseeMagic
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of WaseeMagic
Daniel Garcia's Bill change Twisted is also impromptu and is done with just 3 folds.

I must say this is visual. Immediately after the change and before opening the bill you are able to show the bill from every angle and your hands are clean. This is very well constructed bill change.

You can find this in his project series or in the famous book 'Switch by John Lovick.'
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Can that John Lovick Switch with only three folds also be found in his book switch?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1597 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I only use the 4 fold now when I do the signed bill in lemon. Otherwise it's all 3 fold.
Ihor
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, FrankieF wrote:
Can that John Lovick Switch with only three folds also be found in his book switch?

Yes. Lovick claims to have given up using a thumb tip long ago and has used his three fold method ever since.

I'd guess that more people use a TT than not (4 fold). It's a matter of personal preference.

Jim
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Got it. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 3 fold Bill Switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL