The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doppelganger - A Christmas Carol (116 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
I've ordered the 2 most recent editions of Dopps & am now on the lookout for any second-hand copies of the others. Do they come available occasionally?

Yes they do, how many pints of blood are youvable to give for them....? LoL Occasionally they do at a price.
Aurum
View Profile
New user
Wiltshire, UK
75 Posts

Profile of Aurum
Take it, take it all! So long as I get those books!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Aurum wrote:
I've ordered the 2 most recent editions of Dopps & am now on the lookout for any second-hand copies of the others. Do they come available occasionally?

Welcome Aurum to spooky!
They do come up on the second hand market, be patient and they will be yours one day. You need 50 posts to gain access to the marketplace to buy and sell on the Café (right now you won't even see the link).
There are a couple more editions coming out over the next year, so you are definitely on your way. Get on Lebanon Circle's mailing list if you are not already.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
You'll need 50 legit posts to have access to the 4 sale section, so join in & have cash ready when your able to go downstairs. Sometimes they get pricey & sometimes you can score a deal - fastest paypal button finger wins the prise !! Smile
Aurum
View Profile
New user
Wiltshire, UK
75 Posts

Profile of Aurum
Thanks for the heads-up on the 'for sale' section.

I'll do my best to make the next 46 posts as worthwhile as possible!

In the meantime, if you do happen to spot any, a PM would be most appreciated.

:)
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Aurum, the amazing fact is the good Professor treats ALL owners of his props with the same great service, no matter if one bought a piece originally or second hand. Quite remarkable in this day and age.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Welcome to Spooky, Aurum! Much to discover in the shadows...
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
& forgot to say Welcome Aurum to our happy house of darkness ! Smile Keep your spooky friends close & your soul / wallet closer,....you've been warned - LoL
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Yes, welcome. I recently acquired the first 3 volumes with the Quill case and the coins for a very good price on the Café. So, it does happen. Again, welcome to the Dark Side. Where magic really happens. Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
It's a very expensive book test. One can do other ( some say more far-reaching tests ) with just your own paper & pen. What's cheaper?
davidyeung1991
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of davidyeung1991
Unbelievable , I just press the button , this is my first» Doppelganger book.
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Welcome Aurum.
I think you'll be very happy. Dopps continues to exceed expectations on all levels with each new release.
It's a significant investment, but considering the amount of work that goes into creating these brilliant,
beautiful and NEAR PERFECT replicas of actual books. - I think they're an incredibly good buy.
Professor BC is most generous with his genius.

I'd also have to respectfully counter Reese's comment. These books are incredibly far reaching. Use them for mentalism or a seance, or for remote viewing, etc etc. It's whatever you want.
The spec doesn't have to say a word and you are already "in". You can take them on an incredible journey or simply blow their mind with a quickie that's completely off the cuff.

I applaud anyone that can dazzle with a pen and paper, but the Dopps world is a work of art.
You are limited only by your imagination.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Reese, while some of us can blow people away with zero props, it's just not a fair comparison. The replica quality alone demands respect. The routine is very detailed and one of the best offerings this community has ever seen. It may not be your thing and I can appreciate that, but you have a lot of supporters here that could debate the opposite to your claim quite easily, with one arm tied behind their back. Smile
You are entitled to your opinion. I have to ask if you have ever owned this to be able to make that evaluation? All good brother, I'm not going to give you a hard time.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Reese - with all respect...you don't know whereof you speak. Read the posts here and elsewhere and you will get, hopefully, how versatile this is. Way, way more than a book test. It is SPOOKY.
Aurum
View Profile
New user
Wiltshire, UK
75 Posts

Profile of Aurum
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2014, reese wrote:
It's a very expensive book test...

Expensive? Well, yes & no. 20-something years ago, I saved-up & bought The Masterkey by Terri Rogers - an excellent set of books that packs several effects. At the time, I think I paid £150 for them. They were out of print & becoming scarce so the cost was justified. Today it seems they're still available and much cheaper too!

Although they're not in my hands yet, Dopps looks like a whole new level. The back story, the history, the whole package! But then, you guys know all this already Smile
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2014, reese wrote:
It's a very expensive book test. One can do other ( some say more far-reaching tests ) with just your own paper & pen. What's cheaper?

A curious debate to start here.

If your only criteria is "what's cheaper" then paper and pen are hard to beat.

But why direct that argument at Doppelganger alone? Why not target all magic props? Electronic devices, impression pads, peek wallets, 'PK' props - all of these have their price. But you can avoid paying that price if you choose to perform with pieces of paper and a pen.

I'm not sure the debate belongs in this thread - but perhaps in a thread of its own.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
What the s cheaper?

With all due respect
Mc posts without proper research before submit is hit.

The cam prison of pen and paper to dopps is like saying you can use a sponge bunny instead of an under water escape stage grand illusion - one does cost less there too - but the context is quite different.

I also refer you to read umbert eco's travels in hyperreality to really appreciate a dopp for more than just performing an entertainment effect....

Can I use paper and pencil to entertain an audience? Sure! Stage of course!!!!

Temporal gulf connections - tangible history - ethos aspects - and similar - are often better done with tangible items

Plus if you personally love books and magic and are a collector

Well

Hey I'm biased - my batcave is full of film and fiction replicas of all sorts I haul out to embellish or focus performances.

IMHO

Peace!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Goshdarn IPAD

Quote:
On Nov 13, 2014, Dr Spektor wrote:
What IS cheaper?

With all due respect
Mc posts without proper research before submit is hit. [OR ME DOUBLECHECKING THAT GOSHDARN IPAD]

The COMPARISON of pen and paper to dopps is like saying you can use a sponge bunny instead of an under water escape stage grand illusion - one does cost less there too - but the context is quite different.

I also refer you to read umbert eco's travels in hyperreality to really appreciate a dopp for more than just performing an entertainment effect....

Can I use paper and pencil to entertain an audience? Sure! Stage too of course!!!!

Temporal gulf connections - tangible history - ethos aspects - and similar - are often better done with tangible items

Plus if you personally love books and magic and are a collector

Well

Hey I'm biased - my batcave is full of film and fiction replicas of all sorts I haul out to embellish or focus performances.

IMHO

Peace!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Umberto Eco rocks. You have wonderful taste in literature Dr S.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I can only imagine if he wrote that essay today, instead of back in 1975. What would he have thought of the iPad and Steve Jobs Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Doppelganger - A Christmas Carol (116 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL