The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Bizarre Flea! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
On Saturday Alchemy Moon is launching 'the Bizarre Flea'.

'So what *is* the Bizarre Flea?' you may be thinking.

It is a sort of exclusive eBay for strange people. A marketplace of junk, rare and beautiful items, hand made stuff and... well, who knows until you send it in?

The Flea's manners are easy to understand. You want to buy something, you just click the 'buy' button and we send your offer to the person who has put it up there. Then they contact you with the details.
You want to sell something, simple - just send a picture or two, a short piece of descriptive text and the price to Alchemy Moon - either on the website or direct to our email (see sig for links). Then we put it up for you.

How much does this cost you? Nothing! It is a free service for the community.

What can you put up there? Well, anything legal!
It will work this way - there will be a limited space on the Flea's table and the more interesting your item is, the better chance it has of going up there. Also, the more interesting it is, the higher up the listing it goes. However, even total trash may make its way onto the list. As soon as there is a slot, the next item sent to us goes up there.

We do not really want this to be just another place to sell off rubbish magic tricks that you wish you had not bought in the first place. But a quality artefact would be admissible. But... do you *really* want to sell that Elite edition of the Cuss Cards?
A great place to sell off weird junk that you may have lying around, make a few quid so you can afford that really nice item that you saw on the Alchemy Moon site! One persons rubbish is another persons treasure.
Also a great place to sell off items that you have crafted yourself. Not only will you get some hard cash for your work, but you will get some real quality exposure for it too!

How you sell is entirely up to you. You can set a fixed price, put it up for a 'secret auction' or whatever suits you.

No commission, no fees, you keep all of the cash - well, until we get greedy!

Download this for more info: http://1drv.ms/1wgBfg5

Or ask here if you have any questions.

There will be a lot of heat on the launch, so if you have anything to sell, get the details to us quick - on Friday we will sort out what we think are the most interesting items and put them up.
All part of the Alchemy Moon community service program!

Have fun with the Flea on Saturday!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
I like the Bizarre Flea and cant wait to get my extra pay at the end of the year! I hope I few Items will be available then.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Really great idea for the community. Thanks Chris.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Remember ladies and Gentlemen, the gates close tomorrow for getting stuff up on the flea for the opening on Saturday.
There are already some very tasty items up there. Here is one from me - a totally unique item, in that I will not be making any more like this.

I am trying to run this alongside getting everyones orders off. So we we are a little rushed, but are hoping for a few more interesting ideas up there, such as a 'secret auction' which should be lot of fun.
Remember too that if you are looking to pick something up it is strictly first come first served!

Had some very interesting people approach me already with ideas for things that they they are working on that they want to put up in the future.
It should be no surprise that in a creative community, most people here are creators as well as users, so this is a great place to put something up that would not really qualify as as full commercial release, but is an interesting item in it own right.

At this point we have absolutely no idea if the community want this or will support it in the long term. However, if it works it could be a fantastic melting pot of ideas and quirky little one-offs, so it s up to you guys to make this happen. We provide the pot, you supply the fire.

All stuff needs to get to me by 6pm UK time tomorrow.
(someone will tell me what that is in US and other posts of the world - I am hopeless with clocks at the best of times!)

Obviously we will be putting stuff up after that is you miss the deadline - but most of the heat will be on the first day, so get rummaging!
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I'll be lining up Saturday morn. Looking forward to it! Such a cool idea.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
New York is 5 Hours behind London, L.A., is 8 hours behind London.

What time are you opening and from what location?
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

We always launch at midnight UK time, so I guess that is 7pm New York and 4pm LA - but you may want to work this out for yourself I have a solar calculator and it is 2am here at the moment 8-/
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
See you there! I'll be the one obsessively hitting the "refresh" button until my mouse explodes.
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
I am definitely going online tomorrow to have alook Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I will be out'n about with the Mrs' s at a holiday fair tomorrow, but thank the Alchemy Moon stars I have internet capabilities on my phone ! LoL Smile
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Did I miss a link or a day or a time? Can't find this Flea Market anywhere???
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

There has been some confusion here - even with us. The Flea is skittish and talks in a tongue that is not always easy to decypher.

We do know where it lives though - www.alchemymoon.com - his door will magically appear on the main menu.

The Market opens a 12pm UK time tonight.

I am ironing my trousers especially for the event.

Zub zub!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Hey Winks, your a skip from me in CA, so we'll see the Flea around 4pm our time today Saturday Smile
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Ahhh. I have trouble figuring out what day it is. No one can reasonably expect me to determine the time difference from London to Phoenix. So I well appreciate those in California assisting. Thanks. Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
No prob, I wake up in the morning wondering if I'm on Earth or planet Vilgrim.....lol
Hey wait a minute Winks we expect you to use your mystic powers to delvulge the time differences....Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Hey Winks how did you do that dancing hot tamale ha!

Chris, if I wear a tie will I be over dressed? Is it a B.Y.O.T?
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

If you wear *just* a tie, you may be underdressed sir. Although one must consider the length of the tie!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I heard a knocking on the chamber door...
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Smile How do I do my magic apparitions? There is a whole selection of them below this message box on my Magic Café. I figured everyone had them. Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I will wear underwear, I don't want to be inappropriate Smile

Ok I adjusted my settings I see them now! Smile
Now I can be cute and funny and be annoying in other ways! Thanks! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Bizarre Flea! (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL