The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tricks Against Humanity by Eric Ross (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Thanks Tim.

Thank you for all your hard work.

dearly noted. Let's move on.

E.
The expert
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of The expert
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
There would be a legal question if the products were likely to be confused with one another. That's highly unlikely.

Great. I am now launching a range of card tricks using the Burger King logo, font and character. As it's not likely to be confused for a burger, I'm all good, right?
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
I would say that this bold body of work would not suit my persona. Eric did inform the buyers in the beginning of the video.

But I know a lot of Close Up Magicians here in my country (specially the ones who frequent bars and the like) will benefit from this.

We could still use the ideas to suit our own though.

Thanks Eric! Smile
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Hey! Thank YOU rmoraleta!!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2014, Vlad_77 wrote:
You know, I am in no way a prude, but, magic has suffered from so many BAD performers that now there is a product specifically designed to be tacky, offensive, and frankly more of a gag reel than magic.

The only thing I find offensive here is this statement. You all but say that only BAD performers would use this material.
I would certainly use a lot of this material. I perform in a lot of night clubs and burlesque shows where these types of
tricks would go over screamingly well. And yes those are paying gigs and no I am not a BAD performer. In fact I would
gladly 'magic battle' you any day!

Bring it on!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I will say that I would never have a use for any of this material, BUT I know there are performers in venues where this stuff would fit well. If you do not like the description/connotations of this product, you likely do not hang around those types of places. I know I most certainly do not.

Having said that, Eric is a great guy and I had the opportunity at the Motor City Magic Convention to hang with him and see him perform some of these items up close. Trust me when I say, a video trailer would not be something I would put out for this - regardless of whether or not a very specialized market exists for this product (it does, but it is quite small).

The products are good quality - just saying.

While this product does not suit my own taste or performance style, I will be the first to admit that some of the things made me laugh and for certain performers, I could see how some might use it to great effect. Personally, I believe that the thought of products like this "destroying the art of magic" is like a bad artist blaming the brushes. I believe it is ruined by performers with horrible judgment, using the wrong effects in the wrong places and/or at the wrong time. That is, in addition to the usual issues of a lack of practice, techniques, scripting, etc.

All of that said, like with any product in our little universe, if you like this kind of stuff and have a place to use it, buy it (and for goodness sake, use good judgement). If not, buy something else.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Magic for Drunk soldiers on a Deployed location with only 3 Alcoholic drinks allowed. Will these effects play to my people?
AngelTorres
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of AngelTorres
Hello, I have a magic shop in Madrid (Spain).
I've never seen in a moral obligation to remove a product from sale.
Tricks Against Humanity is, by far, the worst product that has entered my shop for years.
Sounds like a scam to charge $ 50 for this. But it would seem to me a scam to charge $ 10.
Honestly, it seems a shame that it is distributed. It seems a shame that Murphys has agreed to distribute this product. And a shame to sell this material, so very bad, the end customer.
Sorry Eric, but I'm honest. This is not magic. This is a scam.
AngelTorres
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of AngelTorres
And sorry for my poor english...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18822 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It seems to be a great way to get a good reputation as someone who performs a lot of c*ck-magic...
I've asked to be banned
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2014, AngelTorres wrote:
Hello, I have a magic shop in Madrid (Spain).
I've never seen in a moral obligation to remove a product from sale.
Tricks Against Humanity is, by far, the worst product that has entered my shop for years.
Sounds like a scam to charge $ 50 for this. But it would seem to me a scam to charge $ 10.
Honestly, it seems a shame that it is distributed. It seems a shame that Murphys has agreed to distribute this product. And a shame to sell this material, so very bad, the end customer.
Sorry Eric, but I'm honest. This is not magic. This is a scam.

My local magic shop told me the same thing. They called Murphy's and told them to be ashamed. I really wanted this, I love this type of stuff in the right conditions. They told me this is the worst thing they have ever seen in 25 years, and they love this type of thing.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK guys, your making this a lot like Troll 2.... And the movie about how bad it was. Its sooo bad that people love it and want to make it a cult classic. Are the effects just in bad taste or are they just not magical at all?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2360157/?ref_=fn_al_tt_6
Ogre1234
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
92 Posts

Profile of Ogre1234
I am rather surprised by some of the comments people are making. One needs to consider your style and the venue/people that you are performing for. I used to perform often at stags, stagettes, etc. I performed this type of material and the reactions were terrific! The women at the bachelorette parties loved this so much, that I got quite a number of bookings of this nature.

It's all about the right venue, the right performer, the right audience and the right material.

Thanks Eric and I wish you well with this project.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I sometimes perform this type of stuff, but the problem is I was told, here is one of the effects (and all of the other effects are in the same fashion).

http://www.downvids.net/david-coppafeel-......728.html

Another is that thing where you point your hand in the sky and turn it as if you were turning a lever. Your middle finger goes up.
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
Guys.. This is what it is.. If dirty magic is not your thing, then its not..

I can sit here and bash a ton of S*** I've never, nor would ever use, but I do not. Because I have enough respect for the artist and perfromers who do like it. plus I have better s*** to do with my time.

We get it. All you out there bashing this "are above this" kind of material. ok, move on.

And Sashac, this is the WORST example you could have used. LOL! this was a last minute gag we included to go along with the theme.

there is indeed a lot of "magic" and sleight of hand taught..

If you have NOT purchased this item, and have some questions or concers I will answer them, just shoot away.

If you have NOT purchased this item, and just want to bash it, or me, just move on with your life.

The reason we did this project was to have something to offer to the professionals who do like this material. Now they have an option. It was NOT to offend ANYONE.

Thank you.

E. Ross
www.ericrossmagic.com
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
The only thing that upsets me about this product is that it wasn't released before my last deployment to Iraq. This would have been perfect for my guys over there. Is this something I would have done on AGT, or at the Magic Castle, or any of my corporate gigs..........nope! But it is perfect for poker night, guys night, or even finishing up a bar set. Many times after a corporate gig I will be having a drink in the hotel bar afterwards and end up hanging out with a lot of people from the show audience, in particular, the bar crowd from the shows audience. I think some of these effects could play real well in those scenarios.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
That's hy I ask cause I'm in Qatar for 6 months and this might play well for these guys
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
Seeing as most people I know have sent, told, or tried to get me to watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yny0VDxgNwQ ("Magician Tries To Sell Weed To Cops!!" For those that don't want to watch the video a magician offers to sell weed to an officer, the officer approaches and the magician vanishes the weed and gets a pat down and sent on his way. Magician walks over to camera guy and produces the baggie.) cause I'm a magician and this video is just hilarious I think there is a definite setting for the effect to be well received as good magic.

To be clear I am not a fan of the video as I am very anti-drug-culture but the level of the amusement in the people trying to get me to watch it is easily discernible.
Eric Ross
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Eric Ross
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
This stuff really would have to fit your style to do.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tricks Against Humanity by Eric Ross (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL