The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Some new treasures showed up! (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I walked out to the post box yesterday and guess what I found.....

my new K kard kase and another wonderful item called tickets of F@TE...

the kard kase needs no description of how beautiful it is and how much hard work, blood, sweat, and tears wnt into it.
so... I will talk about the case the fates came in! same beautiful quality as the kard kase but with one beautiful exception.....

IT HAS A PEEK! I was so suprised when I accidentally stumbled upon it through a really weird twist of fate.
for me this is fantastic because I never really could bring my self to buy a P wallet as it never made sense to me using my own bill fold in a performance. but this? this is fantastic! it is so well hidden that unles you know what you are looking for you will never see it! if not for some twisted sense of humor by the gods of bizarre I would not have found it!... that case alone is worth the price of admission to the Fates!

now I guess I should read the book that came with the actual tickets....if you have not seen these check them out it is the next chapter in the Kadri saga.

Michael
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes these ar DEFINITELY on my hit list to add to my Kadar elite, yep the box is awesome isn't it ?! So invitingly mystic.......& now with Fate cards & the devilish peek system !
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Cool Michael thanks for telling us.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

My elite box is already filled to the brim with kadri based items.... I think its time Chris put out another box for the set of add ons he keeps coming up with so we have matching book ends for our devils library sized wraps and books.... who is with me on this? lol I cant wait for others to get these and give a review of how they work for them!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
So many roads, no spare tire Smile
It's a challenge to pick from all the great opportunities.
I can only focus on so much and I'm afraid I have bitten off more than I can chew for this lifetime.
It won't stop me from being a kid in a candy shop.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Ok so after reading the book that came with this we have-

a reading tool
a give away item
a P@@K wallet
a fun game
a prop that lends its self to mind reading stunts.

the more I read this the better I am liking it. they are basically a small kader reading set with a added booster of give away tickets and th ability to do a full q & a act. all I can say is outstanding job Chris. I am forever amazed at how you think when creating these gems.
Xizzy
View Profile
Regular user
Italy!
166 Posts

Profile of Xizzy
Already ordered and waiting for the parcel Smile
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Lol I just printed out business cards that match(billets)

one of the psy parties I just booked is a Kad@r party so its really going to come in handy!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The idea of a peek is blowing me away. So many options.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anyone got a link, can't find anything !
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
It was my new years resolution to have Alchemy Moon less inaccessible (sigh). So George, we have a website! ;-)
The direct link is here: http://www.alchemymoon.com/#!kadar-tickets-of-destiny/cvu4

Glad these have started to come through now, been getting some real nice comments.

Couple of point about Kadar's Tickets.

The first one is that I have just sold the last one - they went pretty quick! So I am out of stock - but I should have another 4 emergency cases shipped to me mid week and then another full batch the week after.

I have been having loads of fun with these myself, and will not do a Kadar reading without them now.
It all started as a simple enough idea. A few Kadar readers asked if I could design some tickets to finish off the reading and to give out to the clients. the kind that you would get from a fortune telling machine. 'That should be easy enough!' I thought. Well a year later and I have finished them! Sure, they can be used just as 'fortune cookies', and there are indeed some big name readers who do just this - take a bunch of fortune cookies and hand them out at gigs. However, I thought that there must be more that you could do with this concept. So a structure is embedded in there. If you know the Kadar system, this will be second nature. However, it is also a stand alone. Basically, there are several alternative routines (variety is important if you are actually working in a setting such as a psychic party, you do not want to be seen doing the same routine over and over), these routines ensure that the card delivered to the sitter is relevant to her question - *even if you do not know what this question is*. On top of this Moonskin came up with a really nice P**K device. At first I resisted, as Kadar is a 'pure' system with no trickery needed. However, after playing with this, it was just too good to be true. I have never liked P**K wallets, as it all seemed too illogical. If I can read you mind, why the heck would I then ask you to write the information down? Worse still - why for the love of Mary would I ask that you then put this in my wallet?! (I know some of you have ways of achieving this, but I never found one that I could feel comfortable with myself).
The thing that won me over with Moonskin's device is that it is totally logical. Of course the sitter would write her question down - she wants to give this question to Kadar so he can answer it! Why would she put the thing in a wallet? Well, it *isn't* a wallet, it is a symbolic Kadar Machine - so of course she needs to put it in the slot so that Kadar can respond. Why would you mess with the wallet after she has put her question in? Innocently to get the cards out - bang, you have your peek. Furthermore, the context is not that of a 'magic trick', but a reading - no one is looking out for you attempting to 'fool them' (yuk).
I hate to say this, but it makes the reading a heck of a lot more precise if you know *exactly* what the querant has on her mind.
So, I can assure you, that you guys will really find some great uses for this. I am still a little queasy putting it out as a lot of pro readers use Kadar and I am waiting for there raised eyebrows and potential venom on this one! Still they should have seen it coming really.

There are other uses too - anyone here want a portable Kadar system that they can carry in their wallet? Also, it is Kadar with no thinking involved, you just read out the ticket or hand it out, it does the work for you. This may sound lazy, but if you have a few clients lining up asking for a reading it can be *very* useful and less stressful to use this method to get through a lot of people in a short time. So the shortfall is that it does not sharpen you reading skills in the way that the original Kadar does, but used in conjunction - you get the best of both worlds.
Another great use is for publicity. Buying the cards gives you the rights to print off your own sets (*for your own use*) so you can have these printed with your own contact details on there and have an great mechanism for getting repeat business and call backs.

I guess that in my traditional rubbish businessman way, I am telling you all this at exactly the wrong time, but there you are! So, if you click the paypal button now you may have a week or two to wait - but you know I will send them out as soon as I get the new stock in.

Any question, you know where to find me.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
I've been using the KADAR tickets of destiny for a couple of weeks now and they're really great.
I love having another tool in the KADAR arsenal.
Between the Original system , the playing cards, dice, Truth or Dare, the KADAR card and now TICKES OF DESTINY,
there is just so much versatility in how you can engage your audience.
I love the idea of being able to give a reading to one person, do truth or dare with the next and have several people pull a ticket of destiny
at once.

First off, a bit about Moonskin's Peek Wallet. If you have any her stuff, you already know the level of quality here.
The wallet does not disappoint. It's smaller and has the wonderful little
"Kadar see's, Kadar Knows" on the side where you slide in a business card to do the peek.
I love the look of the wallet, it fits right in with my other cases but is definitely it's own little animal.
If I had a complaint it would be that it's a little tight when you slide in a card, but it may loosen up - or I just may trim a few.
It's a small concession to whats is otherwise a great little item that also has applications far outside the KADAR world.

The cards themselves are exactly what you would expect to slide out of the a real KADAR machine. I'm a sucker for the REAL Zoltan machine
on the Santa Monica pier and every time I stick in my money, I'm sadly disappointed by the trite little fortune I receive.
Chris did an excellent job of making these little tickets of destiny both thoughtful and meaningful. Each has two fortunes, positive and
one that is more constructive or - a balance to the positive. They are interesting enough that you'll probably have a line quickly form
when you start handing them out. A PDF printout is included with the manual should you want give aways, but I intend to collect mine back and
let them develop a worn aesthetic which could only serve to make them even more appealing.
I have them on my desk and find myself periodically shuffling and drawing one or doing a quick mini routine for myself as they're just
fun and actually quite insightful.

I'm really happy with my Tickets Of Destiny. In my humble opinion, I would spring for the version with the peek wallet. You'll want something to carry them around in,
and the Peek wallet adds another layer of use that is very well worth the upgrade.
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Just in case someone is looking for someone to blame, I got the last one. As Chris said, more to come.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
It's on the very long wish list. Seems it grows this time of the year Smile
Astaroth
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Astaroth
So this sounds like it comes with a set of kadar pocket cards? Are they the same as the Kadar Pro? What type of design changes? Will Kadar Pro have a second design change as well?
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

The tickets come with the origional kadri yes all of these are done on business card stock to give them a real ticket feel. you can do a full kadar reading wirght out of your pocket with these. now add in the tickets that work like little fortune cookies and this gives you another level. add in the Peek and you have a tool box that will kill for both readings as well as routines. I am going to make a full set and age them and pout them away for presentations that need an aged feel. then I will laminate a st of the cadri to carry in my wallet with my zoltar card, my zoltar speaks and zoltar rainbow sets. if you have Kad@r you will want to complete the full set.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
First off, apologies to those who have contacted me, but the new stock is on it's way from Moonskin and will be with me around Tues, Wed. So if you have put in an order, these will go off as soon as I have the cases.

Couple of points I wanted to pick up on here.

First is getting the card in the back pocket. The card *will* be stiff if you use a regular business card. The idea is that you use cards a little narrower than business cards - if you are using business cards or business card stock, you will need to trim it down slightly, so that they fit. The case is designed to hold the Kadar tickets in nice and snug. So as the slot is on the back of the case, this slot is going to have to be slightly smaller.

I would like to pick up on what Horus said; 'I have them on my desk and find myself periodically shuffling and drawing one or doing a quick mini routine for myself as they're just fun and actually quite insightful.' Ha, I thought it was just me! I have been playing around with the same idea, somewhat obsessively, it must be said. It seems to me that the more you do this, the more insightful the results are. Now why is this?
Way before I had even seen Paul Daniels on the TV I was 'into' the iChing - still am. As a teenager, I used it and did not question it. It just worked, that is all I needed to know. However, this ***ed magic lark makes you want to figure out 'how it's done'. Undoubtedly, the iChing was in my mind when I worked up the Kadar cards. They were intended to be a sort of 'iChing Lite'. So far I can see three mechanisms at work with the iChing (there will of course be more that I am not aware of).
The first principle is that despite the historic and cultural differences the advice given out by the iChing is pretty solid. If you open up and read pretty much anywhere, you are going to think 'Well, I cannot argue with that!' This advice it tightly structured into the system of the iChing, which goes to make it even more effective. So, I have the same idea in mind with th tickets. You *should* be able to randomly pick and ticket and think it gives good advice. I also attempted to formulate this into a structure to enhance its effectiveness. Then there is the yin/yang aspect. Well, not really Yin/Yang, but the negative and positive poles. The aim here being to take a negative impression, idea or mindset and reveal its positive attribute. So, if something is going badly, you can see how it *should* be going if the energy is flowing unhindered. If you think this through, it is a pretty useful tool for reading.
The second principle is that if you are told that something relates to *you*, then you have a predisposition to make this information fit. The more this information is presented to the (uncritical) subconscious, the more this mechanism is at work. I am not telling readers anything that they do not know here.
However, there is a third, less pragmatic principle at work. Certainly this is the case with the iChing. Basically, the first two principles do not account for the relevance of a reading from the iChing (at least for the seasoned user). There is a big difference in randomly choosing a hexagram and 'taking it seriously'. Carl Jung famously developed his theory of Synchronicity when faced with the same realisation.
So, is this third principle - the irrational one - at work in the Kadar Tickets too? Just because they are intended to be light hearted and are not the product of an ancient philosophical tradition would seem to preclude any genuine mysticism taking place. I will use an analogy of electricity. Electricity is just *there* even though we cannot see it. The greatest electricians can build complex electrical equipment that can do complex and precise things. Yet even ann amatuer can knock up a kit from Tandys and when he attaches a battery, the electricity will still flow through it.
So the tickets were written very much under the auspices of the first two principle, but the more I use them, the more the mysterious third principle is in evidence. So yes, I am constantly playing with these to explore this.
It is very early days for the tickets. When I first brought out the original Kadar, there were some nice comments made. However, it was only after a little time that people really got into it (myself included!), you could hear the 'penny drop' - 'Oh, I get it!' I suspect the same will happen here. It would be fascinating to get more feedback on this. The Kadar tickets *will* work of course, they were designed to do so, and there are various magical principles were can bring to bear to ensure they they do. But is anyone picking up any interesting synchronicities yet?
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I was fortunate enough to be on the play-tester bench for these little beauties, but that was before Moonskin stepped in. I just queued up alongside those eagerly awaiting the next batch.

Shine On Harvest Moon!
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Yes the moonskin wallet rocks bro you will not be disappointed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Some new treasures showed up! (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL