The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Haunted Bookstand (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2149 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2014, Winks wrote:
Eddie - hold your arms out, put a book in each hand and one in your teeth and twirl. All wood. Same concept. Smile

Not respectful sir! Eddie can hold 2 more tomes with his feet and still sing requests. Lets see some bookcase do that.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
678 Posts

Profile of Winks
Then again, we could just turn Eddie into a bookcase. With all respect, of course. Smile
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
547 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Top-shelf, Dr. Spektor
Most impressive and inspiring, I must say.

Eric
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, Papasmurf wrote:
Top-shelf, Dr. Spektor
Most impressive and inspiring, I must say.

Eric

Wow, thanks Eric! I am quite honoured - as I know you are one of the Wood-Druid Masters of turning out object d'art - and I can tell you this after my own woodworking - I appreciate even more (gulfs of infinity more) the talent you must possess to work with wood.

(For those who don't know it - Eric is a true artisan of wood! A hidden treasure amongst our community.... and one who is humble never to bring attention to his amazing talents)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Astaroth
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Astaroth
I'm a big fan of spooky book tests. Maybe because I actually read, more than text messages. I would love to see the bookshelf folded up, stored under a glass dome/box with my books displayed when not in use. To keep the dust off and lend credibility to the rare specimens that they are Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, Astaroth wrote:
I'm a big fan of spooky book tests. Maybe because I actually read, more than text messages. I would love to see the bookshelf folded up, stored under a glass dome/box with my books displayed when not in use. To keep the dust off and lend credibility to the rare specimens that they are Smile

My original case was like you describe in some ways - although I found when looking at most book collections - many do not have them under glass (except I did love Boris Balkan's collection in the glass cube in 9G and the Vatican Library cubes in DVC).... also, I did want the participants to have easy access etc. I like both designs (ok I'm biased) but the Jeffersonian one I personally like for just having in my room for leaving books on I want to read next to my sofa and fireplace.... Smile

It is nice and clean and adds the techno modern to the ancient.... "transparent" also gives a psychological aspect of "no hidden things"

Of course this is wooden - but it goes so well with the books, I can't help it. I love the design as well as I keep all 5 flaps open - you can "look through" the stand and so it also gives a feeling of "transparency" to help add that psychological kick.

Anyway, its good to have options - oh yeah, the "transparent" first one can be gimmicked up too - at least, I can make a book fall over - or if its by itself and open, I can make the pages flip to a desired page.

I suppose non-gimmicked bookstands and cases are ok too (but why not gimmick everything just in case hee hee)
Astaroth
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Astaroth
I really like the transparent case goes with the bar Smile It's gaffed???
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
As mentioned, with the transparent one, I have ways to make the contents inside the cube do things from a remote distance Smile

Its fundamental seance chicanery... if you look at the photo, and know seance classics, it should be "clear" (ha! ouch).

Maybe I should write an ebook on gaffing book stands - now there is a niche market - for an e-shelf.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Haunted Bookstand (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL