The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Charts for Simon Aronson's Fate (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2014, Kabbalah wrote:
Amazon has it.

Thanks, but it doesn't ship to Canada and the item is not available on the Amazon.ca site. Grrrr… I am so looking forward to getting a wallet suitable for card magic without spending a small fortune for a gimmicked one...
lcwright1964
View Profile
Special user
Toronto
569 Posts

Profile of lcwright1964
I finally printed up some of the these charts (albeit in grey scale). I didn't go with the full four-bank stack as written, but instead had enough spare cards to go for two banks, with the stack cards alternating with indifferent cards. The selection is a deal till you stop approach rather than the (preferable) spread, with me counting and the selection being the just-dealt or the next-to-be-dealt according to whether we are even or odd. My present charts are on heavier paper (not card stock), folded, and stowed away in groups of three in a my recently acquired Miller BKM wallet. I did a dry run with the spouse tonight and she was duly mystified.

In a Youtube video Simon himself actually uses larger folded double-sided charts. Moreover, he uses banks of a variant of 8K, not a subsection of the Aronson stack, making me think that the video, which has some of the familiar L&L audience members, was a variant of that published in Simply Simon.

I still maintain that the original Fate is a stronger version than the newer Fate Accompli. There is something about the complete freedom of selection and the lack of any switching that makes the old classic completely baffling.

Les
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Charts for Simon Aronson's Fate (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL