The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Twilight zone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
HI Guys,

I'm a sucker for The Twilight Zone especially the old Black and white broadcasts, I found the first episode I ever saw (sometime in the early 80's)on You Tube the other day and thought l would share. I really did not like it when it went to colour Smile so here in all its lovely Black and white glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmAgK0L5-c

enjoy
Louis
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Ha he sounds like a bizarrist I know Smile And has the desk at work to prove it.
I love Rod's setup his story paints the characters world in a few brush strokes. Good lesson for story tellers.
Exit out of the building, classic Rob Petrie. Then he smokes the kids.
Ah the good old days when TV was normal.
Thanks Lucifer Smile
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Do any of you remember One Step Beyond? I've collected the episodes over the years. Great source material for dark magic.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
I am such a "dinosauer" that I remember that a late night show ( for the adults only), always got us sent to bed early ( I am thinking I was about 7, 8 or 9 or so) as "Lights Out" was too intense for us kiddies to be allowed ro watch.
I think I will Google and see what I can find about that show as a horror story source! Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Astaroth
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Astaroth
Hi guys looks like YouTube has a lot of ep. available. I guess they can do that as they were made in the early 60's?
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
I guess they must be out of copyright. Has become my late night viewing so many ideas.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
My show includes "Nick of Time"....
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=......&theater
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
You all know Rod is my hero - look at my avatar Smile - I've done entire classes and presentations on TZ episodes (and the Nick of Time too of course - teaching about Fortune Telling machines links back to the ancient divinations to the dark forces at the dawn of mankind)...

Rod was wonderful - and my other heroes of course are Richard Matheson and Chuck Beaumont - those 3 are TZ. (Nick of Time is RM)
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tzaddi93
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Tzaddi93
Rod was truly inspirational in my life and countless others.

There's a great little production group in S.Cal (unbound productions) that does some great events throughout the year including a couple usually done at Mountain View Mausoleum and Cemetery (absolutely beautiful environment). Earlier this year I had the fortune to attend a very entertaining live reading of 'Kick the Can' from T.Z. presented by some original cast members from various episodes; Michael Forest (Black Leather Jackets), Jacqueline Scott (The Parallel), Mary Gregory(The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street).

The group of actors did some Q/A afterwards with a lot of discussion on their interactions with Rod and they all just seemed to glow as they retold how he personally touched their lives.
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Thanks for sharing Tzaddi93 that sounds like a great evening out Smile
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Twilight Zone: Season 1 [DVD] [1960] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BI3XZA0/r......b00PKPM5
Had to buy it. I know they are on you tube, but so nice to have a hard copy. Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
My mom introduced TZ to me in the 60's. I guess she is the reason I'm the way I am Smile
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
The Twilight Zones are my all time favorites...Mr. Serling was way ahead of his time...a brilliant man.

A few of my fav. episodes are Nick of Time and the one with the husband and wife who woke up in a vacant town only to discover they are 'pets' to a giant alien girl..cannot remember the name of this one.

I always watch them on Scy Fy New Years Eve....

Chuck
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
I always liked "Night of the Meek"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Twilight zone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL