The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Killers By Paul Wilson and P3 (2 DVD Set) (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4949

I consider R. Paul Wilson the best when it come to really thinking out effects. His sleight of hand and subtle thinking in all categories of magic is unequaled. This DVD will be a treasure." - Dean Dill

Imagine borrowing a shuffled deck and finding any named card at any thought-of number or dealing four queens, four kings, four aces and any other named value from that same shuffled deck.

Imagine being able to perform Sympathetic Cards with any deck (no gaffed cards!) or giving a deck to anyone and turning them into an expert card cheat.

Imagine making a thought of card vanish and appear in the card box or four people creating an unforgettable coincidence - all with ANY deck of cards.

Now imagine doing all of this without the need for difficult sleight of hand!

Killers is a collection of R. Paul Wilson's finest self-working and semi-automatic effects with cards. These routines have been developed over three decades and are designed to completely baffle and entertain both laymen and magicians without the need for difficult sleight of hand.

This is not just another collection of card tricks. It is a series of in-depth one-to-one lessons revealing every detail of the method and how to convey the effect for the strongest possible reactions. Killers is a course in powerhouse card magic - personal tuition on turning simple processes into unforgettable magic.

*Killers will teach you how to understand each effect and elevate it
to the seemingly miraculous. All you need is a deck of cards.

DISC ONE:
YAMFACAAN
RANDALL FLAGG
SYMPATHETIC SOUP
THE FAIR DEAL KID
THE FIFTH WHEEL

DISC TWO:
C3: 2 VERSIONS!
TUPALO PAUL
PUT
LUCK VS. SKILL
TOOLKIT
ADVICE

It will be worth it just for C3, trust me!
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
This looks great, but the link says this is discontinued.
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Hmmm...so it does. Bugger...I'd have ordered that in a heartbeat. I love Paul Wilson.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
My guess is that it was posted too early and will go back up. But that is just a guess.

Paul Wilson's Penguin lecture was one of my favorites, so I'm really interested in seeing this.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Spend some time with Wilson three weeks ago and he told me that this set was coming out so it was no fluke but perhaps they just put the advertisements up too early.

Juha-Matti
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
Hi,

As a few of you have surmised, my new DVD project was announced prematurely but will be available very soon. In the meantime, you might find this to be of interest:

http://machinebreak.blogspot.co.uk/2014/......iew.html

Best,

P
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Watched the trailer and immediately wanted to purchase!

My apologies for doing it prematurely, not my intention! It looked fantastic though!

C3 is still up there with out of this world for "most powerful card trick".
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Found the above link to be of great interest.

Thank you for the post.

Really looking forward to this DVD project.

I know the material & advice will be fantastic.

Mike Donoghue
Ramius
View Profile
New user
Tulsa, OK
82 Posts

Profile of Ramius
It's on special today at Penguin I see.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Wow... looks great!! I just ordered.

Robert
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Ordered, no hesitation.
Great offer too.
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Just saw the preview of Stealing Second -- loved it. Is this also self-working semi-automatic?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Got it.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Bande wrote:
Just saw the preview of Stealing Second -- loved it. Is this also self-working semi-automatic?

Lol looks like that one is far far away from being self-working nor semi-automatic ;-)
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, papawemba wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Bande wrote:

Lol looks like that one is far far away from being self-working nor semi-automatic ;-)

Stealing Second is well within the capabilities of the average card magician.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
To do a perfect second deal...I say advance
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
You do not need to be able to do a perfect second deal. Paul Wilson explains this on the download. As long as you can do one, that's all that matters as you're exposing the move anyway. However, the better your second deal is, the more people will be impressed with your skill, but it has no bearing on the effect.
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Got my copy today in Germany. Haven't got a chance to pop it in the computer, yet. One thing struck me however: either Paul had some major help from his spanish twinbrother or P3 was in quite a hurry to get this on the market: on the backside, bottom line it says "Copyright 2014. P Raul Wilson."... Smile
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2014, Mister E. wrote:
Got my copy today in Germany. Haven't got a chance to pop it in the computer, yet. One thing struck me however: either Paul had some major help from his spanish twinbrother or P3 was in quite a hurry to get this on the market: on the backside, bottom line it says "Copyright 2014. P Raul Wilson."... Smile

Oh dear, Paul's a perfectionist. He won't be happy about that. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I received mine yesterday and am looking forward to watching it. But just a note about the marketing: as Paul's blog post linked to above states, there are no performances on this DVD. That means that none of the performance footage contained in the trailer is on the DVD. And, vice versa, not of what's in the actual DVD is on the trailer. From scanning through the two disks -- each about an hour and change -- the footage is all one-on-one style, Paul behind a table looking straight at the camera. There's the very occasional over-the-shoulder view. The only exception is the C3 material, which includes some of the original Dan and Dave footage.

I had read Paul's post so I pretty much knew what I was getting. I'll admit to some confusion, though, as I thought maybe the Penguin footage was on one of the disks just because it comprised the trailer. The trailer would have been a lot less dynamic if it only included what's in the actual DVD set itself.

Maybe because I work in film, where you'd pretty much never have a trailer consisting of footage not in the movie (or, if you did, it would be incredibly clear that that was the case), that this stands out. It seems to be something Penguin is doing elsewhere too. I bought "Poker Test 2.0," which shows Greg Wilson demo-ing the trick in the trailer. He's not on the DVD. Again, not an issue as the DVD teaches the trick fine. But since Wilson is known for coming up with other handlings, bits of business, etc., I did think he might be on the DVD and was a little disappointed that he wasn't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Killers By Paul Wilson and P3 (2 DVD Set) (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL