The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves To Rabbit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Does anyone use this prop? If so could you please post a short review. I have seen them in range from $400 up to $1,200. Any recommendations on particular styles or builders would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Profile of Beaudini Magic
Chalet Magic doves to Rabbit, enough said! Best one out there in my opinion. I have a purple black and silver one, and it looks beautiful, is durabel(coated with Chalet Tuff Cote) and works flawlessly, and its only about four hundred bucks. Good luck!
-Beau Alexander
"Make the Path, Others will Follow"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Cody!

Currently I have three Chalet Doves to Rabbits I use in my shows. After forty plus years in the business, it is the only brand I use for that effect. The best change I have seen George make in the product over the years is the new rolling base. I do like it better than using a Eureka base unless I must travel by air. (You may want to have him make you both kinds.)

In the last twenty-five years, I have had three red ones and three blue ones. One had to be replaced in Oklahoma because it blew off stage in a very high wind. (You live in Texas. You know the difference in a "city wind" and a Western Wind!) The producer replaced it for me.

I sold two others (a red and a blue) because I had been working hotel chain that insisted that I produce live lobsters in the show to plug the company resturants. The props did not have a welcome smell after that in tight quarters. I'm sure George would have re-felted them and repainted them for me, but they frankly didn't owe me anything anyway. They probably had a thousand shows behind them. They looked great and I got nearly the current retail prices for them even in that state.

The Chalet equipment is made well for very hard use. Nobody will tell you Chalet equipment is cheap. But it is a great deal. It always works, the paint last forever, it is dove size (Some cut corners and make the equipment too small.), it is easy to pack and set, and it is repairable. George will bend over backwards to keep your show working and on time.

Now should I say that I recommend Chalet for that prop? I only use it every chance I get! He will do custom colors and decorations. If I were younger, I would investigate that. Now he can use laser cut materials to put your name and logo on one piece at a time. That is probably a good investment if your act is set. My guess is that the life of the prop is probably 5000 shows.

About half of the time I produce something else, not a rabbit. I used it in television commercials out in your part of the country and produced balloons with the sponsor's information on them (for the camera to zoom). It plays well and allows you to "clean up" the stage at the end of the show and vanish the doves. I plan to keep it in the act about fifteen more years and then just irresponsibly quit and catch a fish. (I won't be but 73 then!)

Do it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS Tell George to sponsor The Magic Café. Then he can tell you about his great props.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
I totally agree with Uncle Bob, I have a Chalet doves to rabbit and as far as I'm concerned any other model should NOT be used or made. They all SUCK BIG TIME-from what I have seen. They are unsafe for the birds and just made really bad and I'd be embarassed to have one. Chalet's is first class all the way! I have his larger one that can change up to six birds into a dog and I love it, its a great piece!

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Thanks to everone who took some time to reply...I really appreciate your imput. It sounds like Chalet is the way to go!

Thanks!
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Fishermagic,

It is a great utility prop too. This month Valentines, instead using it for producing a rabbit, I produce heart balloons, candy or real roses. It can also produce your props for the next routine (Zombie Ball, Silks, Jumbo Cards, Balloon for needle through balloon, etc.)

(No more lobsters please!)

Dan,

Another great way to produce color changing doves in mass. Scheme! NO HARNESSES! Let the audience hold them on a wand.

Uncle Bob

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
667 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Yes, Chalet makes a nice prop. I have a large one that holds four doves. And, like you don't have to produce a bunny, you also don't need doves. I put a spring skunk I pulled from my hat, (said the magic words backward by mistake), in the front and it turns into a real bunny. I put several black threads in place of the perch to keep the skunk visible, and moved the parch out of the way so I can use doves in a different show.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2805 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I had one of the cheaper smaller versions, but always used it for other productions. Couldn’t see trying to cramp a rabbit into it. (Don't believe one would fit.) Yes, Chalet is the best.

Tom Boleware
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves To Rabbit? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL