The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Turnaround Swivel Pass by Dan Fleshman (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Just got an email from Vanishing Inc. regarding Dan's Turnaround Swivel Pass. Wondering if anyone is familiar with this. Is anybody using it and to what success? Also, is this new or has Dan tipped it in previous DVD's??
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
I was wondering the same. Didn't see any reviews on it. In the video it looks smooth, just like he's playing around with the cards...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
No reviews.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Looking for more info on this pass. Is it good, bad, worth the time?? I know where to get it obviously.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
But as you couldn't be bothered to put a link no-one else could
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
inhumaninferno
View Profile
Elite user
452 Posts

Profile of inhumaninferno
I watched the video. Looks excellent. It's only $10 and from a seasoned pro like Dan Fleshman. If you think you can use it, go for it. Many don't, but I use the Pass in my work. Dan's looks stellar! He's a worker so, IMHO, he's not going to put out any trash.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
This is Dan Fleshman. That tells you it is practical, usable, and worth your time. He is one of the good guys.
camron
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of camron
Do you guys think it looks a lot like steve draun's midnight shift? looks very similar.
magiccomputerguy
View Profile
New user
Woodmere, NY
8 Posts

Profile of magiccomputerguy
Both moves do involve turning the deck. They turn in different directions as the mechanics are completely different. I just downloaded the Turnaround Swivel Pass today, and it seems like a relatively simple move, though I had to view the video a few times before I understood what had to be done. I'm not sure how deceptive it will be. As mentioned in the video, it's not angle-proof. I do suspect it's probably not too big a deal to avoid angle problems. The question is how long before I can do it as smoothly and deceptively as Dan.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Even though I think Dan is a great magician when watching the link from which I would presume is the good angle you can tell something is going on however that might just be the unforgiving eye of the camera, based on that alone it didn't appeal to me.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
magiccomputerguy
View Profile
New user
Woodmere, NY
8 Posts

Profile of magiccomputerguy
I've been able to deceptively control a card to the top of the deck for over fifty years. Why did I pay $10 to learn another way to do it? I guess I'm just an inveterate collector. The Fleshman move is neither burn proof nor angle proof. It must be done on the offbeat. It is, however, easy and natural, so you can get the card to the top without giving the impression that you've "done anything." For many years I used Steve Draun's "Midnight Shift" in this situation. Most will find Fleshman's a little easier--though perhaps less inherently deceptive. For the record, Steve Draun allowed me to publish his move in the September 2014 issue of my blog "Inside Ed's Head." (http://www.edhassmagic.com/eds-head)
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Check out Jonathan Kamm's work on The Pass. It's impressive!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I have to agree with Christopher. I've been told that I have a very good pass. I've seen Jonathan's pass in person....I made him do it over and over and over and over. His pass kicks my pass in the soft spot.
Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Turnaround Swivel Pass by Dan Fleshman (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL