The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Any suggestions? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Hi guys. I am sorry but I am not a tech savvy like most of you. I did purchase some new equipment while I was on vacation from the Café recently. I now have the iPhone 6 Plus, the Galaxy Note 4 and the Fender Passport Venue PA System: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG2E......F8&psc=1 Since I pulled so much dough out of my wallet I am serious about putting the best course together.

I listed both of my phones above. First I will deal with an app. I did not want to bring up which app would be best in the app threads because I did not want to highjack those threads. What you suggest?:

A. Show Cues for the iPhone 6 Plus only.
B. Best Boy Sound Control for the Galaxy 4 Note only.
C. Get both as a back up.

Can the Best Boy Sound Control work on the iPhone 6 Plus too?

Next will be a remote. I already have Ultimate Control. But I dislike the set up procedure. It can be confusing. I noticed you guys brought up so many remotes in the threads. I do not know which one to purchase. I am looking for the following type of remote:

A. Wireless.
B. Small enough to be hidden in the hand.
C. Non-infrared.
D. Buttons that can be felt.
E. Shaped in a way where you can tell the position when in the pocket.
F. Range of at least 30 feet.

I am planning on a procedure to use no lap top in my act.

What are your suggestions guys?
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
Mike, since you're using a laptop, what remotes do you currently own? You might already own a remote back to work with the best boy software.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
My previous statement meant I am not using a laptop. I do not ever want to use one. So any procedure without a laptop.
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Dynamike,

Have you considered Cue Command? It exceeds all your requirements. The app will run on your phone but not the Galaxy.

Check this out: www.DeceptivelySimple.com

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of gothike
Best Buy app is $9.99 and runs on android tablets or phones. A remote control that would work with that device would be a PowerPoint remote control and on eBay there about $10 or you could probably get a Logitech R200 and that's about $30.

Since 1994 for over 10 years I have been recommending Ijet remote control and that will operate your Apple device. They run about $25. The show cues people have a special iChat that has a magnetic button so you could trigger the remotes using a magnetic ring but the remote would run $50.00.

iPhone apps are OneTrack for $15 and the Show Cues app is $89, the difference between the apps is the look and show cues has a couple more bells and whistles or features.

If you price everything correctly as I mentioned you could have both systems for less than $100.

Currently the issue with the IJet and some users is that the remote control is having range and reliability issues. It's interference from other wireless equipment and signals that are blocking a proper transmission and receiving.

However hundreds of magicians and performers that I have recommended that brand of remote control have no issues and have successfully use that remote for years. It's worth a try at only $25.

In the spring of 2015 the Show Cues people are going to release a brand-new long distance iPhone-iPad remote control and that will solve all the issues.

But as I said you may not even experience any issues yourself in your area or the areas you work at so with the regular off-the-shelf iJet. You should be able to trigger your Apple Device from 150 feet.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks TDS. I never knew about that.

That is a lot of information you have given be Gothike. It looks like you are being my instructor given me a lecture. That's just what I need. I gotta get off my butt and do some investigating. Good look'n.
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Dynamike,

So you know, there are significant differences between Show Cues and Cue Command. You should consider the following:

Cue Command is 4x more expensive than Show Cues (app + remote).

Show Cues is only an app. Cue Command is a complete solution with a dedicated app and hardware. Everything is approved by Apple and meets their exacting standards. The only thing you'd need to buy with Cue Command is a 30-pin to Lightning adapter for your iPhone 6 available directly from Apple.

The Cue Command remote is significantly better than the Show Cues remote. There are dozens of negative comments regarding their remote and your should review them prior to making a buying decision. Check out the Show Cues thread for the actual comments.

The Cue Command app is free and runs on all recent iPhones, iPods and iPads. You have to buy Show Cues twice if you want to use it on your iPhone and iPad.

Cue Command uses the actual iTunes playlist. With Show Cues, you need name and assemble the playlist manually. This makes it difficult to share playlists across multiple devices.

Cue Command has a cross-fade feature. Where the user presses a button and the current song fades out as the upcoming song fades in. Show Cues does not offer such a feature.

Cue Command has a preshow mode where the music plays track-to-track without pressing a button. When it's show time, the user presses two buttons on the transmitter and the mode switches to performance and cues to track one. Show Cues does not offer such a feature.

Cue Command has a feature where only the track numbers can be displayed in both portrait and landscape orientation. This allows for visibility at a substantial distance. Show Cues does not have a track number only option and only works in landscape orientation.

Cue Command has only been out a year and is used and endorsed by many working professionals: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/testimonials.html

For more information, check out the video: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/video_tour.html This is the actual functionality of the machine. The video is real-time and nothing is simulated.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2014, TDS wrote:

Cue Command has a cross-fade feature. Where the user presses a button and the current song fades out as the upcoming song fades in. Show Cues does not offer such a feature.

That makes an important feature. Does One Track has that feature? I have an important question.

Can I set up the songs I would like to play next in order while a song is been played fits anything listed above?
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Dynamike,

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you're asking if you can move songs around in a playlist, the answer is yes. Song order can be adjusted in iTunes on your Mac or PC and in the Music app on your iPhone or iPad. If you're asking if songs can be moved around while another song is playing, I don't see how that would be possible on any system and I don't know why anyone would ever want to do that. If you're asking if the same song can appear multiple times in the same playlist, the answer is yes.

One important difference I neglected to mention earlier is how Cue Command and the app-only solutions (eg. Show Cues) react to button presses. Cue Command was designed with a one-press, one-event methodology. This means that when the "play" button is pressed, the systems will immediately start playing the track. If the button is held, it doesn't matter, the unit will not "pause" until that button is released and pressed again. When the track-forward button is pressed and held, it will only advance one track. If you want to advance five tracks, simply press the button five times. Conversely, Show Cues (and others) will react differently if a button is held down. For example, if the "play" button is pressed for a little over a second, the system will play, pause and play again. If the track forward button is held down, the system will advance several tracks. I have seen a Show Cues user, during a performance play, pause, play and pause their music. As you'd assume, the results were not desirable.

If you could clarify your question, we will try to answer.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
www.DeceptivelySimple.com
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Dynamike, I have been and still am on the road, so I have not been online here but let me answer a few questions. First TDS most often gives incorrect info and does not know anything about Show Cues. Just about everything he said is not correct.

Show Cues can use your iTunes playlist
Show Cues can be set to fade out and auto play the next track with the individual track settings.
Show Cues does allow the user to play track to track without pressing a button
Show Cues does have a track number option

There have been a few people who don't like the iJet remote but thousands do like it. iJet is the number one seller of iPhone remotes in the world. We will are always working on additional options and other remotes. One remote maker is targeting the end of Feb. for his remote which will blow everything else out of the water. In the meantime, as I said MANY are using the current remote without a problem at all.

As I said TDS knows nothing about Show Cues. He has been very unprofessional, a few here have called him on it. He has been hijacking threads and reporting mis-information, such as I listed above, about Show Cues to try and sell his product, very poor business procedures.

If you have any Show Cues questions please send me an email. I will not be here very often during the next few weeks but do occasional check email. Internet is very expensive on ships and I don't check the Café during that time as sea.

Carl
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Dynamike, about to board a flight and will not be online here again for awhile but would also suggest you read the reviews on our website.
http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Carl,

You are once again incorrect. We are using the latest available version of Show Cues running on an iPad. Please stop saying we don't know the product as we own your product.

Since you are accusing us of lying, here is a direct quote from page 2 of the Show Cues Manual under Load Playlist:

"From the tool bar select the "compose icon" to name your playlist. Then select the tracks for your playlist. You can add to the list using the "plus icon". The "bookmark icon" will show your menu of saved playlists. Select a playlist from the menu screen and its tracks will be loaded."

So, just as I said, you need to assemble your own playlists in Show Cues. Conversely, Cue Command uses the actual iTunes playlist. There is nothing to assemble... just chose the appropriate playlist. We'll let the customer decide which one is easier. Since I have your attention, it sure would be nice to have a way of deleting a Playlist in Show Cues.

Are you really asking customers who have both iPhones and iPads to buy your product twice??? Does that seem fair to you? The Cue Command app is free and can be loaded on all the user's devices.

Your feature of fading out and auto-playing the next track is NOT cross-fade. Cue Command has an actual cross-fade feature where a single button-press fades out the current track and at the same time it fades in the next. So, for a short period of time, both tracks are playing. Thus, there is no silence as one track fades out and the next one starts. If you have a way of doing that, please let us know and I'll recant my statement.

Show Cues does have the ability to play track-to-track but you don't have a continuous mode like Cue Command. Cue Command offers a continuous mode where the tracks play one after the other, without pressing a button. When it's show time, the user holds down the left arrow and presses the right arrow. The system gently fades out the current track and then switches modes and cues to the first track. To do that same thing in Show Cues, you'd need to fade out the current track and then arrow around to the show music. Again, I'll let the user decide which one is easier.

Show Cues does have a track number option but that shows the track numbers and the song title. Cue Command allows the user to show ONLY the track numbers. This allows for visibility at a substantial distance and way further than Show Cues. Cue Command also allows the entire app to be viewed in either portrait or landscape. Show Cues is landscape only when playing and portrait only when administering.

Finally, we are very careful about what is said on this and other forums. The comments regarding Show Cues are based on actual use and not hearsay.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
748 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Last response TDS.

You are still not accurate.

You can load your iTunes playlist into Show Cues
You can delete playlists in Show Cues
You can buy the iPhone version of the App and run it on both devices (iPad and iPhone)
With Show Cues you can indeed only show the track number if you like
Show Cues best display and use of screen space is landscape and that is why we use it, for best visibility

We have not had customer demand for your continuous mode. It is easy enough to simulate it in Show Cues with just a little planning.
We may add a true cross-fade in a future update but there has been no demand for it. Most of our customers play a track and let it cue up for the next track to play later.

You should stick to talking about your own product. Most successful business talk about what their product does not what they THINK other products don't. You won't win many friends or customers that way. As others have told you, your business practices are doing you more harm than good.

This is my last response to you, I don't have time for it.

Carl
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
I have an important question. Can I set up the songs I would like to play next in order while a song is been played fits anything listed above?

Quote:
On Nov 24, 2014, TDS wrote:
Dynamike,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I will be more specific. Imagine playing a track of songs. You are in the middle of the present song being played. Suddenly you want a different song on a different track to play immediately after the one presently playing because of a request, or to fit a certain situation. When I am in that situation using Ultimate Remote there will have to be a pause for me to get to a different song on a different track. It would be wonderful if I could set the next song up in advance while another song is playing without putting in any pause.

To be more understanding I am not talking about working the circumstances anytime in process during a magic show. At times when I am taking down and packing up my equipment or while I am face painting/making balloon animals I play a track of music. Imagine the customer asking you to play a birthday song after the present one being played without using any pauses.

It might all just depend on the device itself. There might be a way to open a second window during the song presently being played when using Galaxy Note 4 or the iPhone 6 Plus. There is DJ software for computers that can maintain the situation.
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Carl,

I'm not sure I understand why you're digging your heals in on this playlist list issue. As previously stated, the user needs to name and assemble their own playlist in Show Cues. This is well covered in your instructions. It can be set up identical to an iTunes playlist but it still needs to be created in Show Cues. Your statement that you can load your iTunes playlist into Show Cues oversimplifies your own process. If there is a way to share them across multiple devices, I haven't found it. This is different from Cue Command where we use the actual iTunes playlist. There is nothing to assemble. The user simply selects the playlist.

I did figure out how to delete a playlist in Show Cues. It would be helpful to have that in your instructions.

I purchased Show Cues on my iPad. On my iPhone (same Apple ID), it wants me to buy it again. By your statement, I'm assuming I could run the iPhone version on my iPad if I would have purchased that one first. Correct? I can't believe I'm the first user with such a request and it would have been nice to have that in the description.

I suppose you could rename each song title to only a number and that would indeed show just the track number. I apologize. It is possible to display only a track number in Show Cues. However, this is still different from Cue Command where the user can select track number as the primary display. In that mode, it shows only the track number and it fills the entire display.

Apparently, you're now in agreement that Show Cues does not have a cross-fade feature. It's good to have that resolved.

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
Dynamike,

I'm still not totally clear on your requirement. In one statement you say "in the middle of a song being played" and in another, you talk about changing the order of the tracks when packing up or doing other tasks.

Here is the way Cue Command works:

While a track is playing, the user cannot change the order of the songs. With the music paused, the user can track-forward or track-backward to find the appropriate song but there would not be any music playing during the search. This could be done from the stage with the remote transmitter.

While working in iTunes (Mac or PC) or on your iPhone 6+ the user can create playlists, delete playlists and move tracks around as much as they would like. In Performance mode, Cue Command always plays the tracks in order.

Here is how the cross-fade feature works: While the music is playing, the user presses the cross-fade button on the transmitter. The current track will start fading out while the next track in the playlist fades in. So, there is a short period of time where both tracks are playing. The fade time can be controlled from the settings screen. The feature is shown in the video: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/video_tour.html

Thank you for your interest.

Team Deceptively Simple
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
As a full time working professional for the past 25+ years I will, ONCE AGAIN, offer my two cents regarding this issue. I began with the Virtual Soundman which worked great but after awhile I ran into some remote issues and shortly after that they went out of business leaving me with no tech support. From there I went on to the MP3 Tech player. That device was excellent but the digital readout was too small for me to read. From there I moved on to Show Cues. The Show Cues app is outstanding and Carl's technical support is far above reproach. Unfortunatley the 4 remotes that I purchased to work with it were extremely unsatsfactory, to say the least. And finally, a little over a year ago, I purchased Cue Command. In my humble opinion it is the most reliable music control device that I've used. From colleges, to theme parks to casinos the unit has been easy to use and extremely reliable. 100% reliable! So, if you ask me, the wise choice would be Cue Command.
Bradacal
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of Bradacal
I use ShowCues. Love it. I'm a working pro who pumps out 175-200 shows a year. Everything from corporate events to theaters.

I'm not saying CueCommand isn't good. I've heard it is. But so is an MP3Tech and many others. The difference is hundreds of dollars. I'm all for spending money to look good and ShowCues does a fantastic job for me at a fraction of the cost.
I've owned a Virtual Soundman, MP3 tech and now ShowCues. Love it and Carl is always adding to it too.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll be happy but just thought I would tell you about my experiences.
OneTrack App
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of OneTrack App
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
I have an important question. Can I set up the songs I would like to play next in order while a song is been played fits anything listed above?

Quote:
On Nov 24, 2014, TDS wrote:
Dynamike,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I will be more specific. Imagine playing a track of songs. You are in the middle of the present song being played. Suddenly you want a different song on a different track to play immediately after the one presently playing because of a request, or to fit a certain situation. When I am in that situation using Ultimate Remote there will have to be a pause for me to get to a different song on a different track. It would be wonderful if I could set the next song up in advance while another song is playing without putting in any pause.

To be more understanding I am not talking about working the circumstances anytime in process during a magic show. At times when I am taking down and packing up my equipment or while I am face painting/making balloon animals I play a track of music. Imagine the customer asking you to play a birthday song after the present one being played without using any pauses.

It might all just depend on the device itself. There might be a way to open a second window during the song presently being played when using Galaxy Note 4 or the iPhone 6 Plus. There is DJ software for computers that can maintain the situation.

Just to bring this back on topic (and apologies for the delay in getting to this). OneTrack allows you to choose any track from your playlist, while a track is playing, and lines it up as the next track to play. This is done with a swipe and a tap, swipe to bring you back to your list of tracks and a tap to choose the track to drop into the 'Next Track' slot. Autoplay can be switched on for the track and it will start playing as soon as your current track finishes.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24111 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2014, OneTrack App wrote:

Just to bring this back on topic (and apologies for the delay in getting to this). OneTrack allows you to choose any track from your playlist, while a track is playing, and lines it up as the next track to play. This is done with a swipe and a tap, swipe to bring you back to your list of tracks and a tap to choose the track to drop into the 'Next Track' slot. Autoplay can be switched on for the track and it will start playing as soon as your current track finishes.

That you very much. That is a remarkable feature.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Any suggestions? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL