The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A big hello from Austria! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AndrewSherwin
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of AndrewSherwin
Greetings, one and all!

My name is Andrew Sherwin, I'm a 33 year old Englishman, living and working in Vienna, Austria.

I've been interested in magic since I was about 5, I think. In any case, it's played a huge part in my life. And over the years, my interests have varied greatly.

I started off with kid's magic at an early age, and was fortunate in having a great mentor, who took me along to some of his shows and allowed me to help him out. He was a traditional English children's performer, performing magic, Punch and Judy, balloon modelling, and he taught me so so much. Upon his retirement, he gave me most of his props, and I was able to effectively carry on his work. This put me through college, for which I am extremely grateful.

I now perform only very occasionally, but I'm working on a new project here in Vienna, with an emphasis on mentalism and mind reading, though my tastes are still wide and varied. My main influences and heroes are, of course, Corinda, Docc Hillford, Tony Andruzzi, Eugene Burger, Matt Mello, Rainer Mees, Stefan Olschewski... to name a few.

I'm really looking forward to making a valued contribution to the forum, and hopefully making some new friendships.

With best wishes,

Andy
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome AndrewSherwin,

As a person who had a real apprenticeship as you did, I know there is nothing like getting to go along to a real show and watch it (over and over).
I think it teaches a great deal about sensitivity to the audience and the clues they give about their experience of the show.

-Mary Mowder
russellajallen
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of russellajallen
Welcome! As someone who is also into mentalism, I look forward to hearing ypyr thoughts

Russell
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Welcome Andrew! I look forward to hearing about your experiences and learning more about and from you!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
AndrewSherwin
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of AndrewSherwin
Thank you, Mary, Russell and Mike for the welcome.

Mary, you're absolutely correct about apprenticeships. It is, let's face it, how this trade was passed on in the past, and it ensures a continuation of standards in some way. I'm by no means saying I'm the best at what I do, but learning from someone who himself had been trained by one of England's finest trains you to realise that the knowledge we have is quite a legacy.

And Russell, being mentalists, surely we can hear each other's thoughts already?! ;-)

A quick edit to my previous post: some might wonder what Andruzzi is doing in my list of heroes ---apart from being a commensurate showman, I also enjoy dabbling in the bizarre side of life. There are times when mentalism and bizarre magic just seem to go hand in hand!
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Welcome Andrew! I am looking forward to your contribution. I'm sure you have a lot to share.

Hudson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » A big hello from Austria! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL