The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Return of the Cuss Cards! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Well, it has been some time since I put out a set of the Cuss Cards. The original Elite set was a Limited edition and even though I know of inferior copies of my work on the market and even though I have been offered substantial amount of money to make additional sets; I have kept to my word. However, it was my intention to keep the CC on the market in some form.
So I released the 'King version'. Then I took these off the market too. The first reason for this is that I was not totally happy with the compromise in authenticity that had to be made to get the price down. There was another reason. What started out as a 'spooky trick' had evolved into something that I thought was too negative; something that was more of a psychological trial than a piece of entertainment. The reactions to my final two performances was certainly powerful, but not something I was entirely comfortable with.

However, time has past and I am considering bringing them out again. This time as part of the 'Devil's Library' range. I have been playing around with printing them in miniature and think I have the balance right between price and quality.
Also, I wanted to take the opportunity to re release the Cuss Cards including some of the experience I have had with the cards over the years. So there will more of a look into the ethics of performance and the deeper premise behind them as well as an evolution of the actual method I use (as well as an idea for performing the Cuss Cards, *without* the Cuss Cards!)

This is the reason that I am writing this. It would be wonderful to re release the Cuss Cards with some of the ideas and experiences of other users. A fair few users wrote some interesting observations and recorded some interesting experiences with the cards. The problem is, this was all on an old forum that has since closed down.
David, who is helping me with the proofing of the book sent me the story he uses when performing and I though' 'this is too good not to let others see'.

So my aim is to have a final section of the book that collects together the stories and observations of those owning the original Cuss Cards. I have no idea how feasible this is, as many years have past and I do not know how many original Cuss Card users are still around.
So what am I looking for? Well anything from previous users of either the Elite or Kings set; anecdotes, alternative back stories, alternative methodologies and so forth.
Anyone who contributes anything published will get a copy of the book.

The Cuss Cards have been used for some time now by many creative people, so it would be appropriate to have you represented in their history in some form.

Obviously, I do not want people to post these ideas on an open forum. So either go to the Cuss Cards secret area on the Moon, or send it to me direct via email. (see sig). Since announcing this on the Moon, I have already received some fine submissions and have a database of names and emails for those who will be getting a copy of the book.

So glad that all of the original owners of the Cuss Cards are not dead!

cheers
Chris
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Great news! Much awaited and anticipated. Will try to contribute.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, Christopher Gould wrote:

So glad that all of the original owners of the Cuss Cards are not dead!

Around here, you can never be sure if are alive, dead or somewhere in-between
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Cuss Cards are powerful.

I have two unique presentations I've used with these great cards (other than the original which is brilliant!) and plan to contribute. One involving groups, another involving merely two cards.

Chris do you remember these? I think I posted the one with two cards a while back in the secret forum, but who knows where the heck that is now.

If you don't have a set, save up for one. Stunning work.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I was lucky enough to obtain King Cuss Cards & then recently unexpectedly lucky to get a set of elites ( thank you to the awesome seller & friend having to part with them ) which I never thought I would own !

Originally though that I would resell the Kings to offset the elites cost, but I love the artwork on the Kings too much to part with them now. I know Chris you were not as happy with the Kings, but I LOVE the artwork & colors of them !! Also love the elites as they both are unique versions & I will hold these prized items unto my grave !!

I plan on using both, the Kings as a more compact to carry out'n about & elites when I want to use them from the box in house.

I will definitely buy a 3rd set of the newest revamp your planning !
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I'm jealous Merlin! OK I left my 2 pence worth. I hope all the Cuss owners show interest.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Love the idea of a Devil's Library version, Chris. Though, I hope they will not be reduced to playing card size... The odd size was something very appealing.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Yes, I also second the motion to make them larger than playing cards but smaller than the original.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Why not just remake the original ?

With the new balance of price & quality ...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
With the new balance of price and quality ...

Quote:
The original Elite set was a Limited edition and even though I know of inferior copies of my work on the market and even though I have been offered substantial amount of money to make additional sets; I have kept to my word.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Yes, they were limited so can't make them exactly the same.
It may actually work to make them bigger with rounded corners?
I know you wanted them to fit into the Devil's line of products though.
Either way I'm sure they will be awesome.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2014, Darkness wrote:
Yes, they were limited so can't make them exactly the same.
It may actually work to make them bigger with rounded corners?
I know you wanted them to fit into the Devil's line of products though.
Either way I'm sure they will be awesome.

I first saw the original Cuss Cards thanks to a presentation by Randy Scott at the "Autumn Gathering" and I was in awe of the set/props/quality materials, etc ( as well as Randy's awesome presentation)! So I would love to see a revival of anything similar created by Chris...and must save up to have the "moolah" ready when the new form of Cuss Cards is released.
Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2014, RandyScott wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2014, Godzilla wrote:
With the new balance of price and quality ...

Quote:
The original Elite set was a Limited edition and even though I know of inferior copies of my work on the market and even though I have been offered substantial amount of money to make additional sets; I have kept to my word.

Did not mean the Elite set ... was talking about the Kings.
Sorry, my post was unclear !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Return of the Cuss Cards! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL