The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hurricane Nail at Penguin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
How does this effect differ from Menny Lindenfield's Carpenter's Nightmare? I bought the later this summer and the gimmick and moves seem identical. Although I must say I like Oz's final move to get the nail free.
Yours,

Ivan
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
It looks like Carpenters nightmare to me as well, the only difference I see is the end and the price
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Niva, I too have developed what I believe is a very good move to get the nail free in Carpenters nightmare, and was wondering if it may have any similarity to the move you mentioned.

It's hard to describe, though, without diagrams.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
master121
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of master121
I have seen the video. Very powerfull effect. It looks good. Does anybody have any reasons NOT to get it? Please post them here.

-master121
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Get it, but get Carpenter's Nightmare. Although I must say that Key Melt by Keith Lack is more visual.

Daffy, go here to see the demo.
Yours,

Ivan
maxwell
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of maxwell
Hi, Maxwell here from Penguin.

The effect is pretty much exactly the same as Carpenter's Nightmare. The nail is a little more shiny, and the quality is equally high.

We've added Hurricane Nail to our inventory as an alternative because Carpenter's Nightmare is rather expensive for what you get.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
But isn't it Menny Lindenfield's idea? Does he know about the hurricane nail?
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Martin Reinertz
HUrOn Low,
Well... I disagree about it being Menny Lindenfeld's idea. The same trick, just with a spoon, has been around for ages. Maybe it's Menny's idea to use a nail instead, but does that make it a new trick?

What do you / other people think?
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
There is also an extra something that makes the handling easier than the one with the spoon. I don't know whether the same gimmick is used here as well.
Yours,

Ivan
Martin Reinertz
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Martin Reinertz
You're right, there is a little extra something. However, the method is still the same as with the spoon (and, well, you COULD do the nail without the extra thing)
eggshell
View Profile
Regular user
Chorley, England
146 Posts

Profile of eggshell
I hadn't seen this trick before now but had read the blurb about a device that enables you to bend a nail.

Having now seen the demo I have to say that this is something I've knocked together myself in my worskhop in the past and been singularly unimpressed with it as a piece of entertainment (If only I'd known people would pay for this junk). I'd also be shocked if plenty of other experimenting magi hadn't come up with this one off their own bat as well.

Nothing in poor Oz's demo would have me change my opinion one jot about it being a totally less than impressive item.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Hurricane Nail at Penguin (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL