The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Our very own Pete Biro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
A friend at work is a magic collector and he gave me a copy of Goodliffe's Abracadabra magazine dated Saturday, 14th March, 1981.

The guest editorial is by Terry Seabrooke and he is talking about the popularity of magic at the time and if you should or shouldn't perform a trick that has recently been performed on TV. Then he shares some fun stuff about a show he had done recently with Billy McComb and some others, including our very own Pete Biro. I'll just insert the full paragraph.

"Maybe some of this will make you think. The first person in magic to make me think and to help me was our old pal Billy McComb. Some of you may wonder what happened to him these days. Well, I was with him in January of this year on one of my regular trips to Los Angeles. For the first time in years we were on the same show together, when Dick Zimmerman put on a show called 'An evening to set magic back 50 years'- this was at the Variety Arts Center in L.A. The show was Pete Biro, Billy McComb, Great Tomsoni and myself, and was quite a riot! Billy was also at the Castle and is working as well as ever. Watch out for a terrific bill in lemon he is doing."

I love reading old things like this! I was wondering if you would care to comment Pete? Do you recall the show and can you share some stories with us? I'd love to hear!

I just thought it was great to be given this little tidbit of magic history.

Thanks Pete!

Theodore-

For those of you who have no idea who Terry Seabrooke is, that would include myself since I'm pretty new to magic, here's a brief bio about him: http://geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Terry_Seabrooke

Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yikes... sounds like a fun show, but I have no memory of it at all. Since my stroke, much of my memory has faded away.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm sorry Pete. Thank you for all your wonderful contributions to the world of magic!

God bless you!

Theodore-
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Our very own Pete Biro (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL