The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destination Zero - new hard cover card magic book by John Bannon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Do you guys really like Leverage ?
(I think Fifty-One Fat Chances is a much better, even perfect use of the cut deeper force Smile
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
I'm not a fan of the cut deeper force but agree with you, 51 Fat chances is an excellent trick that uses that move.
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Such a nice book!
Concerning Leverage and 51 fat chances, they both use the Balducci force, but somehow in different way. I have the feeling that in 51 fat chances it is pretty well hidden, more than in Leverage, I still like the idea behind Leverage... A winner in my opinion.
I was not very impressed with Bluff oracle aces, but since some of you like it, I'll give it a try ;-)

merlin
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
In oracle aces I like starting with the 4 aces on top(no x card) and then dropping the cards on the table and proceeding.
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Good idea for oracle aces, but I like the fact that you can give the deck to a spectator and ask him to separate a pack in some sort of chaotic way, and proceed from there... (it is described like that in the book, and it is pretty clever I must say)
merlin2812
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
By the way, I start to like it too ;-)
I will have to have try it on my wife (I'm pretty sure she won't like it, however)
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Just got mine arrived. Not much time to read in a night due to heavy workload after a day & I only able to read the first trick Bluff Oracle Aces I.

Even just the first effect already worth what I paid.

Destination Zero probably give me the feel when I first read another John's best selling masterpiece 'Dear Mister Fantasy'. Over the year I had so many times to praise DMF here and in real life perform for live audience, magicians as well.

Thanks again John, words cannot express how deep I respect your creation.

Need to find time to read the whole book.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Steven, your going to also love Cross Purposes, John's take on another great trick called "The Crusade" by Andrew Brown and Atlas Brookings. Very easy to do and a real fooler. My other favorite is Mousetrap which also was published in the Magic Magazine.

If I get one trick out of a book, to me it's worth it, but you know when it comes to any Bannon book you will get more than that.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2015, magicthree wrote:
Steven, your going to also love Cross Purposes, John's take on another great trick called "The Crusade" by Andrew Brown and Atlas Brookings. Very easy to do and a real fooler. My other favorite is Mousetrap which also was published in the Magic Magazine.

If I get one trick out of a book, to me it's worth it, but you know when it comes to any Bannon book you will get more than that.

Is this specifically stated in the text? Or is your statement speculative?

Best,

Atlas
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Atlas, John mentions on page 118 in the book, "Cross Purposes" is based upon Andrew Brown's and Atlas Brooking's card trick"Crusade", which procedurally was a pretty cool trick(e-book 2013).

His version uses the whole deck.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2015, magicthree wrote:

Dear Magicthree, thanks and I will look up for that effect in the book after work tonight!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
In Aldo colombini's book "Impromptu card magic vol 1",
there is a very similar trick as Mousetrap (Dreamers Ball by Gavin Ross, p11).
Exactly the same method to sandwich the card, selection procedure is a little different (I do a “Bluff pass” anyway to get selected card in position).
This one does not need a full deck.

Nicolas
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hidden gems on every page.

This is a keeper of a book.

If you are reading this thread Mr Bannon, please put a DVD out featuring the material in this book as it is fantastic.I discoverd more gems yesterday.

Mike Donoghue
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Bluff Oracle Aces II , Petal to the Metal, 32 second sense, Prophet Motive, the sleight-of-hand version of Leverage, cross purposes, somewhat psychic and AK 47 are all winners in my book!!
5 of these passed the "bro " test, prophet motive seems to be the one I perform the most.

The book is a keeper, five stars from me Smile
Pixelated
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
Would someone with the book mind if I sent a PM to clarify a point about Petal to the Metal?
There's a small procedural point that I cant understand.
gvinson
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of gvinson
Just saw this thread. Now I have to spend more money!
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
P, if you want to e-mail me, that's fine.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
You could email me too!
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Just want to add my recomendation for this book. If it was only a manuscript for AK-47 I would have been extremely pleased. That one trick is a beautiful, self-working solution to the impromptu thought of card "problem" and it really blows people away when you have the setting to perform it. However, you then get so many other gems - all I can say is that I'm very glad I took the plunge!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Destination Zero - new hard cover card magic book by John Bannon (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL