The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » PA System through Iphone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Hi

I have some upcoming parlour shows performing house parties in december and I have to fly to a few of them. Maximum audience will be 70 pax so I don't want to carry my heavy/bulky Pa system.
I own a Bose bluetooth speaker that works perfectly with my iphone and ipad to play music. I was wondering if there was a way to use this as a PA system?
I have a small Lavalier microphone that use to record myself on the ipad or iphone but I haven't found a way to get my sound come out of the bose speaker.

Is there an app that would achieve that?

Patrick
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Don't know if you can play both through your system at the same time, but I'm sure you would need a mic receiver plugged into the Bose to receive you mic signal.This is my arrangement https://www.facebook.com/JohnMartinMontr......&theater My speaker is a Samson Expedition battery powered speaker. I made a battery pack for my wire mic receiver. The music runs through the Bluetooth and the mic is plug into the mic in tput with and XLR cable.

Hope this helps,

John
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Hi John, that is a nice set up you have there but still seems a lot for me to carry.
Aren't there any way to make the iphone transmit sound when the microphone jack is plugged in it?

Patrick
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
You could try this mic instead. Much more compact and battery powered. http://www.samsontech.com/samson/product......oearset/

John
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22777 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I just did a Google search and there are a lot of Loud Speaker Apps for the iPhone, some free and some for $199, even one from Bose. Hope they are what you are looking for.
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
468 Posts

Profile of martysh
John...
Might I ask what do you use as a battery pack for the receiver?....I have a small old black and Decker thing that is not too dependable...
Want my wireless to use this big ion speaker you all told me about here... if I can get wireless mike to work.. I can start playing in corn fields and deserted isles...
Marty
Most grateful for you guys who have really helped me here
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Hi Marty,

I made this myself. Most likely you can get the parts from Rafio Shack. It's basically eight AA batteries. 12 volts. Short section of wire. 9 bolt battery clip with the plug adapter on the end that plugs into your mic. All packed ink a small project box. I'll email you a photo.

John
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
468 Posts

Profile of martysh
Thanks.. not so difficult really.. I appreciated the extra effort..
now the cows will love me sing to them in the cornfield

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » PA System through Iphone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL