The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So how was your Thanksgiving? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
We watched the Seahawks trounce the 49ers, ate lots of food, got heartburn and fell asleep on the couch. No one got too loaded and there were no arrests like last year. All in all an uneventful holiday.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Very pleasant and private.

Good food, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Magic and Tom's Guitar.

A little Kitty petting on the side.

Found a new Ring and Ribbon move (new to me anyway, LOL) and did some good work on a bill switch.

-Mary Mowder
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2783 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Recovering from being in a food comatose Smile
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Family, food, warmth. Much to be thankful for despite the traffic jams.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2492 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I thought it was hysterical that last night, three different cable tv networks were showing, Iron Man 3, Thor the dark world, and the Avengers. I guess they wanted to capitolize on kids not wanting to sit with the adults after dinner.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Watched some football, ate a lot, but it just didn't have that Thanksgiving feel for me. My mother passed away a couple months ago, so this was a toughie to get through.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Sorry to hear that R.S.

The first Thanksgiving without a Family member is always the worst.

I think Thanksgiving is the most Family oriented Holiday, especially with the connection to food and Family recipes.

As more comforting memories come into ascendance it will get easier.

-Mary Mowder
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Thank you so much, Mary!

Ron
FatherWilliam57
View Profile
New user
Beaver, PA
73 Posts

Profile of FatherWilliam57
Ron, I know the feeling....we actually buried my father on Thanksgiving Day in 1979. Still miss him terribly, but the family traditions I have been able to pass down to my own children especially my father's love of pumpkin pie AND mincemeat pie, he had to have BOTH) make me smile. Special memories of your mother will see you through.

This year, however, was exceptional for me and mine. My middle son graduated from Navy recruit training in Great Lakes, Illinois on Wednesday. We travelled out for his Pass in Review. Sure, we ended up eating Thanksgiving Dinner at Cracker Barrel, but hey, we were together! Just returned home a few hours ago (another eight hour drive) and he has already reported in for his new assignment in South Carolina. What a week!
The Rev. William B. Henry, Jr.
"If this be magic, let it be an art..." - Leontes
(Winter's Tale, Act 5, Scene 3)
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Good. Taught all day and then turkey dinner in a local ginmill. I didn't have to sit at the bar, so I enjoyed it. (I live in Korea and have to grab USA holidays whenever and however I can. Not complaining, it's a nice ginmill.)

Condolences, Ron.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Sorry to hear that, Ron.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Thanks Father, Gypsy, and Bob. Didn't mean to sidetrack this thread. Smile

Ron
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6926 Posts

Profile of Dougini
2nd year in a row, no Thanksgiving for me. I never invite myself anywhere. And...no invitations once again. I slept all day. Had mac & cheese. 6 inches of snow outside. No complaints! Smile

dOUG
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6015 Posts

Profile of motown
I take a trip over Thanksgiving every year. This year I spent it in Switzerland. Had a great dinner at a restaurant in Zürich. Enjoyed seeing the Lions kick the Bears you know what on they're traditional Thanksgiving game.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Thanks for asking!

This year, I told Carolyn it was her choice, and expected to end up with a huge gathering at our place, or at one of about 6 relatives homes. She has had a tough year, and so chose Florida.

Like Mary, quiet, private and easy. But, no guitar. Did have my harmonica, but was insufficiently brave to haul it out. First ever Thanksgiving lobster and oyster meal. Key lime pie for dessert. Watched sunset on the gulf. The good life...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
That sounds like a great Thanksgiving Jim.

Weird but great.

It is nice to have a partner that can throw you a pleasant curve every once in a while.

-Mary Mowder
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4142 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Daughters home from college, good food, kitchen/dish clean-up took less time than usual, and TCU won big in their football game that evening. Very nice.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » So how was your Thanksgiving? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL