The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Papers of Gautama Siddhartha (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Here is the title of Carl Herron a.k.a. Brother Shadow's book on the papers: The Papers of Gautama Siddhartha.

There were Four routines in the book:
1. The Fountain of Youth
2. The Elf's Gift (for kids)
3. The Man Who Could See Your Soul
4. A Mystery Solved

The book also included detailed instruction on the construction of the papers.

I don't have this book. I would love to have it in some format... Perferable the original but PDF would be ok... I am especially intrested in the routines. If any one can help me I would be forever greatful.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
The lack of any response at all, makes me wonder... Does this book exist in any format at all any more? Does anyone even know what I am talking about?

I don't know if Brother Shadow is even still with us anymore... I doubt it though. The only source of this manuscript doesn't have it it or any of his other works in stock and says they are "no longer available" and that they are collectible. So I guess that those that have them aren't parting with them any time soon.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1279 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
I don't think I have the one you mentioned I'll look though and try and help if I can, (but no I wouldn't be interested in selling it if I do) none of Bro Shadows things were released as pdfs
last I heard Carl was still with us though not doing well in a Nursing home, Brother Shadow was a staple of the ICBM gatherings (he was a great presence, humble beyond words)
my hope is sometime that his work is accumulated into a collected volume or so, so it is not lost to future Bizarrists and storytellers as it would be a shame that the only who get to view his work are the collectors
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2014, gothicmagic wrote:
... it would be a shame that the only who get to view his work are the collectors

A shame indeed. Thanks for your help.
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
I now have this wonderful treasure in my collection now. I was able to purchase an original copy of the manuscript from a kind person who was ready to part with it. Thanks to everyone who helped me.
Geoff Akins
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Geoff Akins
And what do you think of the routines? I've only just discovered Brother Shadow and mourn the fact I'll never meet him in person. Do you know if any movie or video of him performing?
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
Please help me find an original copy of this book. I have been searching for one for many years.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Papers of Gautama Siddhartha (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.55 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL