The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Feedback on this banner? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JasonK
View Profile
New user
Ohio
25 Posts

Profile of JasonK
Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking here about 2 weeks and there is obviously a wealth of information. I'm new to all this, but I'm working on a banner for a pitch joint (Sven decks & Worms). Yes, I bought Don's DVD and it's pretty awesome.

Anywho, I was hoping if some of you would be willing to give me some feedback on a few things?

1. Are worms still selling in 2014? lol
2. I've seen photos of some of your joints and banners and of course I keep reading "No Flash, No Cash" - so I'm wondering if you think the following banner is overkill? http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p775......734d.png

I was thinking of NOT printing the worm and the card deck icons directly on the banner but instead just getting them printed and laminated (each one individually). That way, I can just clip a pic of whatever item I want to pitch on that day. This way I can be flexible.

Any feedback would be great.
The Cardfather
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Beach, CA
344 Posts

Profile of The Cardfather
Looks awesome to me.
You could always cover the icons later with laminated cards if need.
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Jason,I haven't been out for a few years now but as far as I know the worm is still good for pitching.The cards will always be good.Funny but as soon as a mark finds out how the worm works they'll never buy another one.But will buy the Svengali deck.
I like your banner....looks good.
Don
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
273 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
Nice banner, you can also pitch Pena traction coin trick I have seen many pitchmen do this at fairs.
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Not every magic trick is a "pitch item".Stick to the proven ones that have made good money for years.

Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2691 Posts

Profile of sethb
I think the banner looks great. With the words "free" and "magic," you have everything you need to attract attention and explain what you are doing.

Frankly, I would leave off the worm and card graphics. That way, it won't matter what you pitch (but I agree with Don to stick with the cards and the worms). And if you do a good job of holding up the worm and the deck at chest height while you pitch, everyone will see exactly what you're selling! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
JasonK
View Profile
New user
Ohio
25 Posts

Profile of JasonK
Well, I've come up with one more idea that I think is a bit more attractive for the banner. Same text, just different style.
http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p775......0d38.png

Btw, if anyone wants the file (pdf), I'm happy to provide it for free. I haven't got one printed yet so it might be a good idea to let me be the guinea pig first.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4216 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
From a dyselxc with Irlen point of view (possibly 15% of your population (4-15 depending on which statistics and darn lies you use) the text of the first is easier to read.

although I would leave the slanty font out and use another but its pretty good. the arched text is really hard for peoeple like me ...... all capitals doesn't help but I can see the pros of using them as well as the cons.

but on the whole I like it - I refer to the text, I defer to Don and others knowledge on the inclusion / exclusion of images (but what they say above makes sense to me too!)
Dave “SPARKY” Matkin

http://www.gofundme.com/MyMadTriathlon

Now AKA........
Smile “WHEELS” Smile
That’s the closest smilies to a wheelchair so I’m using them despite not having a horse ….. or being able to do the walking globe. Mmmmm can you do a walking globe in a wheelchair?
thomasR
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of thomasR
If you're looking for a non-worm 2nd item I've had good luck with the coloring book and the decks.
Gerry The Great
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Gerry The Great
Great Info Thanks for all the input!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Feedback on this banner? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL