The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » My dinner with Jonathan... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Maybe not the same ring to it as "My dinner with Andre", but it'll do.
Last week, I was in the Chicago area visiting family for Thanksgiving. I had the opportunity to get together for dinner and a session with Jonathan Kamm. Jonathan and I have been corresponding online for almost 10 years, and this was our first face to face meeting. Anyone who follows this forum knows Jonathan is a serious worker. A big name magician recently told me his opinion of Jonathan. If you were a fan of pro-wrestling in the 80s-90s, you know the nickname of Bret Hart, The Excellence of Excecution....that's Jonathan Kamm. Everything he does is just so smooth, no hesitation, every move has a reason, and has been done about 40 million times. If you ever have the opportunity to sit down with him, do it.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Jonathan and I both have a love for signed card to impossible location. He showed me a few versions, (including a CLEAR BOX that can be examined, and purchased for $2) and a mint tin that is empty beforehand, then the card appears, and then is filled with mints.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4960 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have seen a few vids of him performing. His Ambitious Card alone makes me feel like I have wasted 20 years on simple card magic. Great that you got to meet him and session with him. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
His YouTube videos are awesome. I feel humbled every time I watch how good he is.

Those effects sound great.

I'm also jealous that you got to have dinner... in Chicago!
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
The man is flawless! I believe it was Yoda who once said, "Lucky sumb*tch you are, mhhm, mhhm..."
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1515 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I've been doing his card to mint tin "Toibox"since it first came out. Very cool effect. He's extremely nice and always takes the time to answer his emails. A true professional. I'm a big fan
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1127 Posts

Profile of imgic
Very envious. I've watched his videos and love his work.

Great to hear that you two were able to get together.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Roy Rocha
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Roy Rocha
I really enjoy his videos. A true worker!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » My dinner with Jonathan... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL