The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Eric Garner (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Right. Now use attacks and sarcasm to make up for lack of real knowledge. Good plan. The LAST thing you want is clarity. All you care about is pushing your opinion.

Now go ahead and say oh no I put a smiley there I was kidding and hide behind that. Yea if I posted such drivel I would use an annynomus name as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
You are correct insomuch as I should have left that particular smiley out. Apparently it was misinterpreted. I should have used this one:

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20614 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Absolutely you know everything about everything. All about law and law enforcement and criminals and forensics and America though you are Canadian and just everything even though you have never done something close to these things.

You are the final word because you can play GOTCHA and Google things. Yay internet.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Teen arrested for taking a pic of himself pointing a pellet gun at a cop car saying "Should I do it?"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-arrested......550.html
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6956 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Disgusting little prick deserves a LONG time behind bars! This grills my gills seeing this! GRRRR!

Doug
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Really? A picture of someone aiming a pellet gun at a police car deserves to be prosecuted under terrorism laws?

If I were a terrorist, I would revoke this guy's terrorist union card. They expect much more than pellet gun pix from what I've heard.

How would you feel about the charges if the woman in this story was his sister:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20141......obileart
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6956 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Landmark that is chilling to the bone. Man. I don't know what to think. World has lost its MIND! I gotta stay off of news sites...

Doug
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2014, landmark wrote:
Really? A picture of someone aiming a pellet gun at a police car deserves to be prosecuted under terrorism laws?

If I were a terrorist, I would revoke this guy's terrorist union card. They expect much more than pellet gun pix from what I've heard.

How would you feel about the charges if the woman in this story was his sister:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20141......obileart

Should he be charged under any law?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
In this country? I think it would be a stretch, unless you can show that that picture was an immediate incitement to putting life in danger. But this charge sounds more like Putin territory to me. What do you think?

It would be interesting to hear what the lawyers here think.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think any threat the picture represents is too vague to be properly considered the subject of criminal liability. No specific target, in particular.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
In this country? I think it would be a stretch, unless you can show that that picture was an immediate incitement to putting life in danger. But this charge sounds more like Putin territory to me. What do you think?

It would be interesting to hear what the lawyers here think.

It could be immediate excitement when viewed by others. But as for criminal charges? Yeah, I'm not sure to be honest. What are your thoughts about him losing his job over it? If it was a pic of him pointing a gun at a gay bar and saying the same thing, I think that his employment would be in jeopardy. I'm just thinking out loud.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not a fan of terminating employment for non-criminal, non-job related actions, whatever the case, but I get your point.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1542 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I didn't read through all of this because its pretty ridiculous. The cop didn't choke this man to death. If you actually watch the video, the cop only has his arm around the guys neck for about 14 seconds total and the whole time he is speaking saying he cant breathe. If you cant breathe, you cant speak. And MMA fighters get put in choke holds much longer than this and in many cases go unconscious also. I think there are many things that contributed to this mans death, but to say he was choked to death is laughable. There were also no reports of damage to his windpipe either so you cant say it was a crushed windpipe.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
Not a fan of terminating employment for non-criminal, non-job related actions, whatever the case, but I get your point.

Neither am I. Where has lobo and Bob been? I'd like to hear their opinions on the criminal charge(s) pending against him.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Lobo answered right above your last post. Bob might still be performing at the Magic Castle.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:

He was charged with making a "terroristic threat," something that was a crime long before present-day anti-terrorism laws. The crime has nothing to do with "terrorism" in the sense that we usually use the word nowadays.

Quote:
A terroristic threat is defined as a declaration of intent to commit a crime of violence against another with the intent of threatening a person, building, facility, or public or private habitat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terroristic_threat

Given that the "weapon" in question is an AirSoft replica together with the fact that the caption asks "should I?" rather than "I'm going to," I don't believe the charge will hold up.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Thanks for that clarification, Bob.
Have Internet threats against abortion facilities been treated in a similar fashion?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
If I'm not mistaken, calling in and saying that you're going to shoot, blow up, or torch someone or business will probably land you some sort of charge, maybe harassment at a minimum? As to what happens in court and either or not there's a conviction is a different story.

Thanks Bob and Lobo for chiming in.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6956 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2014, lunatik wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, calling in and saying that you're going to shoot, blow up, or torch someone or business will probably land you some sort of charge, maybe harassment at a minimum? As to what happens in court and either or not there's a conviction is a different story.

But asking a rhetorical question, "Should I...?" Not the same. Stupid, but this might not stick...

Doug
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Exactly. He never said he was going to do anything.

If I asked you, "Should I kill my boss?" would that be a crime, or simply a question? (Perhaps even a humorous or facetious one)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Eric Garner (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL