The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Stupid things said on TV (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, acesover wrote:
Obama: 'If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan'

Can we keep it non political and just make this fun? Yes this was said all in fun.

Yeah, I like Obama, I voted for him both times, I'm happy I voted for him, but that does not go down as his crowning moment. What it boils down to is, Obama didn't know how many people have substandard, insufficient health care. But he still shouldn't have made such a broad statement.

Don't you mean he should not have lied?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Did you see the clip I spoke of? Because the point was they were discussing firing from moving cars. Having brought it up in the first place I am fairly certain what was being discussed.

The point WAS the cars. You can't remove that and make up your own point.

God I hate this place.

Then leave. Nobody's holding you back.

The point was shooting at each other. In the wild west, they would have been shooting at each other from horseback. In modern times, they would be shooting at each other from cars. But the wild west connection was the shooting, NOT what they were shooting at each other from!

Ed... You must be loads of fun at parties...

Ed doesn't go to parties. Not sure if he doesn't like them or he doesn't get invited. Kidding, but funny...: Smile Tired of being serious here. To what end?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Can you imagine? He must be hilarious.

And Ed it really was more a comment of how things like you just did bring perfectly good threads down.

I didn't tell him to focus on the wrong element and act like he's taking the moral high ground.

It was obvious to me at any rate that the people making the original comment were talking about the gangs shooting at each other and NOT the fact that they were driving around in cars.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Obama: 'If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan'

Can we keep it non political and just make this fun? Yes this was said all in fun.

Yeah, I like Obama, I voted for him both times, I'm happy I voted for him, but that does not go down as his crowning moment. What it boils down to is, Obama didn't know how many people have substandard, insufficient health care. But he still shouldn't have made such a broad statement.

Did he lie? Can you show that when he said; "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan." He KNEW that people would not be able to? He was wrong, he was STUPIDLY wrong, but people have been wrong before. PRESIDENTS have been wrong before. One of them stood on a flight deck and announced "Mission accomplished." We are still dragging ourselves out of that one. Did HE lie?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
So I am watching Gangland. A man mentions how two gangs were driving down a main thoroughfare shooting at each other from cars. Next line was "It was like the Wild West".

Didn't seem to be editing but just mis spoke. Hilarious!

So what is the funniest accidental thing you have seen. (Can we keep it non political and just make this fun?)

Not certain how that is "stupid." Granted they wouldn't have had cars in the Wild West, but the concept is that anytime you have two groups randomly shooting at each other on the street, it's compared to the Wild West.

Well it is stupid for many reasons. First being even the Wild West didn't have that stuff going on. Second no cars.

For what reason do you feel the need to make excuses for things?

Danny, you need to lighten up. Sometimes you take offense way to easy. To be honest, I had no idea what it was you found stupid about the movie line you posted until Ed explained that it was probably the fact that they were driving cars. Other than that, I too thought the line made sense.

Me too.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Did you see the clip I spoke of? Because the point was they were discussing firing from moving cars. Having brought it up in the first place I am fairly certain what was being discussed.

The point WAS the cars. You can't remove that and make up your own point.

God I hate this place.

Then leave. Nobody's holding you back.

The point was shooting at each other. In the wild west, they would have been shooting at each other from horseback. In modern times, they would be shooting at each other from cars. But the wild west connection was the shooting, NOT what they were shooting at each other from!

Exactly. No offense, Danny.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Did either of you actually see the clip?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
No I haven't seen it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Then how exactly is it you can tell me, who saw the clip what was and was not being said?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I never mentioned what was said.
I read what you said.
I was enthusiastic about the thread but when I read your OP, I didn't see how it was stupid.
It made sense to me.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
The same with me.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
So I am watching Gangland. A man mentions how two gangs were driving down a main thoroughfare shooting at each other from cars. Next line was "It was like the Wild West".

Didn't seem to be editing but just mis spoke. Hilarious!

So what is the funniest accidental thing you have seen. (Can we keep it non political and just make this fun?)

So you just edit out driving down thoroughfares and shooting from cars? Sure take that out and it is not funny at all.

Way to ruin a perfectly good idea. My GOD it the only thing I mentioned! How do you just ignore that part?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did he lie? Can you show that when he said; "If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan." He KNEW that people would not be able to? He was wrong, he was STUPIDLY wrong, but people have been wrong before. PRESIDENTS have been wrong before. One of them stood on a flight deck and announced "Mission accomplished." We are still dragging ourselves out of that one. Did HE lie?

No he did not lie. The return of 5,000 navy personnel returned after 11 months. Yes 11 months a long time...their mission was accomplished and they came home. Ergo the banner and phrase. "mission accomplished."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
He wasn't referring to the mission of that particular ship and you know it. In his speech that day he announced that it marked the end of major combat actions in Iraq.

Or did you miss that part?

Here's a brief refresher for you that might help you avoid revisionist history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Accomplished_speech
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It seems as if at the very least it was way premature. Unless every ship that finished a mission gets a banner and I don't know about it. Which is possible I suppose.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Did he lie?

Yes.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Everything I write is a lie.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Everything I write is a lie.

Some people would misconstrue that as a paradox.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Did he lie?

Yes.

Hooray! Lobo is back. Welcome back Lobo.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Hey, thanks...great to be back!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Stupid things said on TV (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL