The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bill Cosby.....I'm Just Saying. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, critter wrote:
In my state you cannot legally consent to sex if under the influence and I agree with that law.

Yikes! I wonder how many illegal children there are in the state of Washington Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, Josh the Superfluous wrote:
I'm so confused.

And here I thought you were Mike Doogan.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, slowkneenuh wrote:
Also, we are measuring a man's behavior from many decades ago against our mores of today. Part of my male teenage development cycle was the judicious use of alcohol to increase your odds of having your way with girls, and girls were taught by their mothers to watch out for such shenanigans. (I never did get that one right, I would always get drunk first). Actors and rock stars have built reputations on "conquests" whatever their methods. Why is he being singled out? Is it his "method" or his name? The end crime is the same for anyone whatever approach they use.

Would you excuse Mr. Cosby if he drugged and had sex with your own daughter without her consent?

He is being "singled out" because, IF THE ALLEGATIONS ARE TRUE, he has committed serious crimes.

PS - I'm curious to know which actors or rock stars built their reputations on non-consensual sex?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lots of this makes me wonder.

But Laurie hit the nail on the head.

And the fact is we have accusations. Very old accusations. Lets at least let it play out to see what does and does not even need forgiving.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
If the allegations are true, then yes, it is worth him dying with a 'black cloud' over his head. If they are true, he is a disgusting excuse for a human being and dismissing his actions just because he entertained people would be the real tragedy.

"Get out of jail free?" A serial rapist is a serial rapist. If he committed acts of sexual violence against women, that is 100000000000000000% unforgivable.

Yes, this is enough to cloud over his career. Yes yes yes yes yes.

This post enrages me.

Me too.
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Just trying to sort this out here. What are some of you saying?

Is sit OK if he did these things because it was a long time ago?

or

Is it OK because he is Bill Cosby?

or

Is it that we are not sure because we do not know the facts? This last statement seems like the only logical one.

If he is guilty of these things he deserves what he gets. If he is innocent it is a shame because there will always be a cloud because of the allegations. However with his wealth I do not feel we should feel that badly for him.

The only thought that comes to mind is the murder of his son. This is reaching...but could there be any connection..
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, acesover wrote:

The only thought that comes to mind is the murder of his son. This is reaching...but could there be any connection..

Given the times and dates involved, I don't see how it could.

Also, the killer of his son said he thought he was robbing a drug dealer.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I think aces was asking whether some feel empathetic toward Bill because his son was killed, balducci.

Forgiveness is available, that simple.

----------------------------------------

Here's Marshall:

rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Do you believe forgiveness is available if there is no contrition?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, magicalaurie wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
If he committed acts of sexual violence against women, that is 100000000000000000% unforgivable.

Bullsh!t

Are you suggesting that drugging and having non-consensual sex with younger women is OK if you go out and do good things publicly?
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No she is not. Why not read what was written and not read into what is written?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Forgiveness is available, that simple.

Disagree.
If that were true, there would be no need for Jesus.
There are some acts for which one human being cannot forgive another.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No. There are some acts for which you personally can not forgive another. Not all human beings.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

I'm still confused. Why is it "********" to say that you couldn't forgive Bill Cosby if these charges turn out to be true?
Because, as far as I can see, that was her response to the post that Cosby would be an improbable percentage unforgivable if these charges are true.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2014, magicalaurie wrote:
Sometimes I feel like you guys just don't listen to me.

Sometimes I feel like you just don't explain yourself very well!

Quote:
It's a simple truth and if people started to acknowledge that human beings are highly fallible (if you'd like to consider it as such- we could just acknowledge that human beings don't know it all, afterall, and learn as they go, just like everyone else on the planet) and all is forgivable, I believe we'd be living a much more peaceful existence, despite all the proclamations to the contrary. The displays of ego and arrogance and hypocrisy performed by those who proclaim another is unforgivable/unworthy are the very roots of the perpetuation of violence in our society, I suggest. When you get down to it, it is really quite simple. The guy can be forgiven. Some factions of the human population, for some reason seem to think it demonstrates a sort of intellectual superiority by complicating, thus attempting to obscure the truth with Bullsh!t. Clear? Case in point. Bullsh!t summed it up succinctly and you all pressured for complexity... next you'll say I confused you. You confuse yourselves, I say.

No matter how "fallible" human beings are, multiple counts of drugged rape is not something I can say; "Oh well, he did something terrible but who am I to judge him?"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
[quote]On Dec 6, 2014, magicalaurie wrote:
Sometimes I feel like you guys just don't listen to me.

........you are probably correct.

It's a simple truth and if people started to acknowledge that human beings are highly fallible (if you'd like to consider it as such- we could just acknowledge that human beings don't know it all, afterall, and learn as they go, just like everyone else on the planet) and all is forgivable, I believe we'd be living a much more peaceful existence, despite all the proclamations to the contrary.

....yes, that's what jails are for. To allow society itself to forgive.

The displays of ego and arrogance and hypocrisy performed by those who proclaim another is unforgivable/unworthy are the very roots of the perpetuation of violence in our society, I suggest.

.....Bullshit. What does that even mean? ...'the very roots of...?

When you get down to it, it is really quite simple. The guy can be forgiven. Some factions of the human population, for some reason seem to think it demonstrates a sort of intellectual superiority by complicating, thus attempting to obscure the truth with Bullsh!t.

......again, what does this even mean?

From the evidence so far, he was a serial predatory rapist.

If you cannot condemn him for allegations, there is no need for forgiveness from allegations.

However, if this all proves to be true (and with 22-and-counting who's to doubt?) he actually is a serial predatory rapist. He didn't go the regular socially acceptable male route of Booze, Schmooze & Cooze, he just drugged and raped. What's to forgive here? Much to condemn, little to forgive. Was he so important, so pressed for time he couldn't waste Schmooze Time?

It's not a question of US forgiving him on a personal level, that is up to the victims only. WE can only let him off the hook, in our own minds. Sorry, not me. IF, that is, proof is forthcoming. Someone with so little regard for the damaging of others' lives for the sake of a little Kootchy Time doesn't get him off the hook in my book. Ask his victims how much your forgiveness of him helps their lives. It only helps yours, and THAT's an ego stroke in its own right. He doesn't get off the hook.

And if it is all smoke and fake reports, IF he is indeed innocent, we are left with a man of great accomplishments tarnished by false accusations. I'd rather have this than the other. The other is evil.

BTW...weren't some of his accusers underage when they were (supposedly) drugged and raped?

Once again, we must separate the good men do from the evil they do. Both stand on their own, both have their own burdens. Forgiveness is not germane here.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, magicalaurie wrote:
...Forgiveness is available, that simple.

Forgiveness from whom Laurie? What does what you mean by forgiveness mean to anyone at home watching and wondering?
Please fill in some of the deletions and lost performatives in your assertions.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

BTW...weren't some of his accusers underage when they were (supposedly) drugged and raped?

The most recent victim to come forward (that I heard about this week on the radio) was 15 at the time and he allegedly took her to the Playboy Mansion (to a party) and (**details skipped here**). Because she was underage, and because it happened in CA, They said this one may actually see a courtroom due to no statute of limitations on sex with minors under Ca law.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The big boys who own show business, they authorise the contracts and they like to have the stars in their pocket and so they tend to give the contracts to people they have something on. Thus one finds stars tend to have dark side. Politics is show business for ugly people and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_LQlWh8AT0
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

Disagree. That is exactly what she is saying. All of us "read into" what is written. Else, the written language would be largely useless, but for some scientific and proprietary language to a specific purpose...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bill Cosby.....I'm Just Saying. » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL