The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What to do when you Video Goes Viral (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Tim Friday
View Profile
Elite user
485 Posts

Profile of Tim Friday
When looking at your strategy and all that you did and knew how to do I think the saying others here have used applies:

"We don't know what we don't know."

But in this case the saying applies to the vast majority of us here, including those here who are the "seasoned experts."

Very well done, I am impressed with your knowledge of online strategies and getting the most out of your situation.

As for the rest of here in Tricky Business: "We don't know what we don't know" so thanks for sharing!
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, Tim Friday wrote:
When looking at your strategy and all that you did and knew how to do I think the saying others here have used applies:

"We don't know what we don't know."

But in this case the saying applies to the vast majority of us here, including those here who are the "seasoned experts."

Very well done, I am impressed with your knowledge of online strategies and getting the most out of your situation.

As for the rest of here in Tricky Business: "We don't know what we don't know" so thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the message. It is a learning process for me. When the first viral video (magician gets out of speeding ticket) took off this past december it completely changed my life. While I did take advantage of some huge oppurtunity's, I made some mistakes that cost me opportunities. Getting a second chance around I was a little more experienced on what to expect. Even know I have learned how to MILK the first viral video. Its being featured on 2 upcoming Primetime National TV shows. Most of what I have learned is through trial and eroor, advise from friends, advise from forums, and family.

I honestly don't think I will be the last magiican to make it BIG with a viral video. Hopefully that can take a look at my experience and learn something. Even if someone doesn't have a viral video.. I am sure they can learn from some of the proccesses I went through.
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
UPDATE...

Here is an update on the current situation. It will be relatively long.. Read at your own risk..

1. AMA -We will start back up on the AMA (Ask Me Anything) - So I was a little shocked with how well the AMA went- https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3......_fooled/ . I thought that it had the potential to do well. It surpassed anything I could have hoped for, it garnered over 300,000 Page views and the average person what on the page for nearly 5 minutes. It helped add another 350,000 thousand views on the video.. and the video of the Penn & Teller performance just surpassed 1 Million views. It then rose to the highest rated AMA of all time beating Penn & Teller, David Blaine, David Copperfield, etc. It does help that I understand the Reddit Community and its quirks and I was able to use it to my full advantage. Many of the AMA's that those magicians did had short answers and didn't go as in depth as reddit usually likes. One word answers.. Unless they are comedic, usually don't do the best. Surprisingly being on Reddit helped me score my highest paying College gig EVER. The AMA also drew attention to all my social media and also my website. Gathered hundreds and thousands of new likes and fans throughout all my social media platforms. I learned from the last IAMA I did I can be a little more upfront about promoting myself and my social medias.

2.Other LOCAL MEDIA: So since the video went Viral I have sent it to some of the media relationships I have built over time. I recently just went on the RADIO this morning on 99.5. Did some and promoted my servies to the masses and told them the next public show they could see me.

I have two other local news channel things in the works. I recently got Time Warner Cable to agree to come downtown during a festival and have the main focus of the story be centered around me returning home to busk for the locals. I also have a news channel that is trying to come out for the Penn & Teller performance and record my opening act and do a nice segment out there.

3. BOOKING SHOWS - Lately over the past few days my life is blowing up all over again. Had around 10 booking inquiry today.. and it looks like for the month in August I will be away from my home 22 days of the month. While this may be relatively normal for some working magicians... I have only been doing it Full Time for 2 years.. and While I made a good living before all of this.... This is a lot more added stress and pressure. Besides booking these shows I need to put some serious time into the act into getting another solid 30 minutes of A Plus material to have for the show.

I was also recently inspired to work on my competition act. After spending HOURS of thought I have come up with a routine in the works.. That could change my life forever. (I am hoping it turns out to be everything I imagine it could be).
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Here is the part where I could use your advice. I would love any tips and ideas you would be willing to share. Here is the post from my facebook.

"Holy Cow! Under incredible amounts of stress this past day. So far August is looking like I be away from home nearly 21 days of the month for shows (possibly more). On top of that there are multiple days of back to back shows in different states and countries.

For a magician only 2 years in the game, I would love some wise wisdom from some of the veterans who have gone through this before. Any tips about packing your show, traveling tips, travel cases to use, etc, Would be much appreciated.

This is a scary road ahead of me.. but I am excited to take on the challenge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What to do when you Video Goes Viral (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL