The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » OE - Pandora's Box (71 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Dec 17, 2014, Taveren001 wrote:
I love the idea of perhaps an indoor wind chime (mobile) being rustled by unseen forces, just as a heavy book falls over with a loud noise, just as the box is unsealed!

Nice. As I recall, Seance by Scott Davis has a method for startling the crow with a sudden burst of air. Currious if anyone has tried it and how were the results.
Bob
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Chimes - go see Chris Taylor

:)

By the way the wood if the box itself may be the key - it's empty except for a nite saying the box was made from an old witch hanging tree, coffin if a warlock etc.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"...Something small, something foul, something evil...something alive, was trapped and sealed inside this box. It has never been opened...the seal not been broken...tonight, we break the seal and for the first time get to peer inside ..." etc etc

After such a build up, replicating Geraldo Rivera's 'Jimmy Hoffa' vault experience doesn't seem to be a good idea. So I kind of back away from the empty box concept. Pandora is ideal to allow you to deliver the goods...of substance. A signature moment not to be thrown away...
Go ahead...scare the crap out of 'em...Inquisition...Swastika...a Hanging Chad.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Hi Guys. We're looking at the week after Christmas to start getting these gems out. At this point we need the post offices to finish the X-Mas crush and get back to their usual insanity before we start shipping these. In the meantime we're working on the e-book. Bill Montana and I thought it would be cool to open it up to contributions from buyers and anyone that sees the thread and has some ideas or thoughts.

The sealed box/mystery prop presentation
The empty Box presentation
The empty box with sound presentation
Prop inside and sound presentation
Prop outside and sound Smile

I think you get the idea. Bill will decide how many we can take. They will be anonymous, but we will have a general end credit for additional contributions, and that's where the names will go.

So shoot Bill a PM if you would like to contribute to the e-book. You do not need to have one on order. We want any members of Spooky to contribute if they want to.

Thanks!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
When the box is open there needs to be a very strong smell.

The box is open and you peek inside. In a soft whisper you say, "What in the world is that little thing?" and you reach into the box slowly and carefully. Cupping your hand around the object you bring it up toward your face and pause. Suddenly you jerk with pain and throw your head back. Your clinch fist start trembling as an eerie light shines from within. You quickly grab your fist with your other hand to steady the trembling. The light fades as you drop you arms to the table and slump back into your chair. The mysterious light and object has both vanished from your open lifeless hands. Then the lone burning candle goes out............ Or maybe a picture falls from the wall or a bell rings. ...... You finally start to breath hard and heavy as you awaken...... ........ You get the idea.

Automatic writing would play well after that opening.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2014, Roth wrote:
Hi Guys. We're looking at the week after Christmas to start getting these gems out. At this point we need the post offices to finish the X-Mas crush and get back to their usual insanity before we start shipping these. In the meantime we're working on the e-book. Bill Montana and I thought it would be cool to open it up to contributions from buyers and anyone that sees the thread and has some ideas or thoughts.

The sealed box/mystery prop presentation
The empty Box presentation
The empty box with sound presentation
Prop inside and sound presentation
Prop outside and sound Smile

I think you get the idea. Bill will decide how many we can take. They will be anonymous, but we will have a general end credit for additional contributions, and that's where the names will go.

So shoot Bill a PM if you would like to contribute to the e-book. You do not need to have one on order. We want any members of Spooky to contribute if they want to.

Thanks!

And as the closing kicker to the "Tell-Tale Heart"
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
I would image the impact of Pandora is even stronger if activated while a spectator is holding the box, especial if the sound mechinism causes a vibation in the box.
Bob
Tzaddi93
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Tzaddi93
I'm going to need a box for all my boxes.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2014, Tzaddi93 wrote:
I'm going to need a box for all my boxes.

Be careful with what you wish for.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
theghostcompany
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
82 Posts

Profile of theghostcompany
Any news regarding the shipping of the pre-ordered boxes?
horus1
View Profile
Special user
645 Posts

Profile of horus1
Anyone got their box?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Well, my guess is:

1. He's been preparing for the convention, traveling to convention, and there now. So that's probably taken up most of his time.

2. Website says it ships in 7 days.

So, no.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Pandora pre-orders are shipping this coming Saturday Smile

Now...we added some things that are awesome!

How would you like to place a signed business card in the box and then hear the spirit writing inside the box and the pencil drop. Open the box and the signed card now has spirit writing on it Smile

We also have banks of sounds that you can put whole sequences together with in the same presentation.

Can't wait for the buyers to see what you guys come up with because the sounds can be programmed in by the buyers.

It now will come loaded with a tapping sound, scratching, EVP and spirit writing sounds.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I LOVE the pencil drop sound Rick. That will get some folk's bowels moving.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Very nice idea and it's programmable which means the versatility and longevity of this tool makes it a very valuable addition.
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:

Tim was steaming away on Pandoras while we were at ECSS (yes I'm talking him into coming next year) and came up with the idea when he was making notes and dropped his pencil on the desk next to the box, and a lightbulb went off Smile combine a simple old method with the sound and you have a spirit writing prediction or answer
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, Wizard of Oz wrote:

Tim was steaming away on Pandoras while we were at ECSS (yes I'm talking him into coming next year) and came up with the idea when he was making notes and dropped his pencil on the desk next to the box, and a lightbulb went off Smile combine a simple old method with the sound and you have a spirit writing prediction or answer

The reeses peanut butter cup of bizzarre magic. Brilliant.
Bob
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
How long before a new batch will be ready?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
All the pre-orders have priority first and they will all be shipped by Monday.

The paypal button is now active. New orders will start shipping late next week after all pre-orders have shipped.

At this point its will be 7-10 days on new orders.

The price point is excellent for this product and I anticipate we will probably be selling a lot of these. So if someone wants one within the next 2 weeks they should probably order now because the wait time will grow as orders come in.

That said we are doing 10 unit runs and will try to keep the wait time down as short as possible on new orders.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Done.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » OE - Pandora's Box (71 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL