The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Improved Invisible Deck by Devin Knight (412 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24~25~26 [Next]
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1789 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Just saw this was listed over at Hocus Pocus and it sounds interesting. I don't agree with the point that the invisible deck has become so widespread that enough lay people know how it works or own it themselves. I'm also not sure that this new version would have a stronger impact on spectator... but with that said, I'm very intrigued about the method, and if it is easier to do than the standard version, it does have a chance of becoming the new standard. Here is the ad copy...

- - - - - - -

This is the invisible deck on steroids and many magicians are saying this will make the old invisible deck obsolete and everyone will want this new and improved version. It allows you do things not possible with the standard invisible deck such as showing the deck on BOTH SIDES--showing both faces and backs. Now that we have your attention, read on.

There is only ONE DECK used and it is in full view from the start!

Please note, this is a presale for the deck that will be released in near the end of December, 2014. Each deck is meticulous made by hand and at the present there is no easy way to mass produce these. The amount of decks made will be limited, but all presales will be filled.

THE EFFECT: The invisible deck is one of magic's biggest sellers. Almost every magician owns one. Unfortunately, a lot of lay people own them too, since they are sold in public magic shops and amusement parks. Not to worry, this new version will fool the kids who say, "I have one of those," and knock your magic buddies off their feet when you show both the front and back of the deck!

There is only ONE DECK used and it is in full view from the start. Tell your spectators that you took a deck and placed it behind your back. You reversed one card and stuck it back into the deck. You do not know the name of the card you reversed, because you don't want someone to read your mind. You want a person to name the card and determine it by their own psychic abilities. You place the deck on the table in full view.

Ask anyone to name a card. There are no restrictions, play on words, or magician's choices. No Equivoque. The person can name any one of the 52 cards. The performer immediately picks up the deck that has been in full view and spreads the cards face up, showing one card face down. He spreads through the entire deck showing all the other cards are face up. He puts the face down card on the table. He points out that this is the only card reversed in the deck.

HE THEN TURNS THE DECK FACE DOWN AND SPREAD THROUGH ALL THE CARDS SHOWING THEM ALL FACE DOWN! The face down card on the table is turned over and it is the named card! BAFFLING BEYOND WORDS!

NO FORCES
NO SLEIGHTS OF ANY KIND
EASY TO DO
ONLY ONE DECK USED
Any CARD can be named
Face down card is NOT SWITCHED
NO LONG AND SHORT CARDS
Only 52 cards in the deck. No half/half printed cards, or specially printed cards of any kind.

Remember the deck can be spread from front to back showing all faces, flipped over and spread from front to back showing all backs.

Resets immediately so you can do this for strolling magic. NO SLEIGHTS or skill needed. This is actually easier to do than the standard invisible deck. An ingenious method that will amaze you.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, TuneHV wrote: this new version will fool the kids who say, "I have one of those,"

In 20 years of doing magic and using the ID I've never had that happen.

Seems you're solving a problem that doesn't exist.

Sure it will be a good magician fooler for the local club though.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Devious Devin is at it again. I like the sound of this.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This is a lot easier than the standard invisible deck. A lot of magicians have trouble seperating cards, if you know what I mean. A lot of magicians have told me they do not do the invisible deck because they have to fumble and sometimes have trouble showing the reversed card, due to their skin. This deck solves that problem, you can easily show only one card reversed without having to fumble with the cards. You can do it FASTER than the standard deck, once you know how this works. You can immediately turn the deck over and spread from top to bottom showing all the cards are face down. Yes, this will fool a lot of magicians. No restrictions, no hesitation. Any card named can be shown reversed and immediately show the deck front and back. No sleights and extremely easy to do.

Devin
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Where do we get it and what's the release date ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1833 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I would look into this because I have the above-mentioned trouble, and have therefore not done the trick, but have always felt that I should work on getting over that problem because of the strength of the effect--but somehow it never gets done. I'm also interested because of my respect for Devin Knight's work.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Hocus Pocus will have it the last week in December I am currently making the decks. It takes about 20 minutes to make one deck up.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Video demo please?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2014, PRINCE wrote:
Video demo please?

A video demo will be coming in about a week. Showing an unedited performance.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Excellent - many thanks
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Love Devin's thinking, so looking forward to this.

If you don't have his Penguin lecture, buy it now. He gives away so many PDFs with it, it's almost the best deal in magic Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Thank you TuneHV for posting, you are quick! I really appreciate you all checking the Hocus Pocus website!
This one is going to be a big one. We put it up this morning and have already pre-sold a lot of them.

Here is the direct link for those who haven't seen it yet:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28468

Let me know if you have any questions,

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
I wanted to say that this is the first deck in a Trilogy that Hocus Pocus will be carrying. Each deck will be released over the next three months.

The second deck is called: Invisible Brainwave and is a brainwave deck where the named card has a different color back and the deck can be shown front and back spreading all the cards from top to bottom. No forces, any card named and only one deck is used and it is in full view from the start. NO SKILL. You read that right a single deck brainwave that you can show has faces. Can't do that with the standard brainwave.

The third deck is called: BlankWave. Any card is named NO RESTRICTIONS and No forces. A deck is removed and shown to be blank on both sides, except for one card that has both a FACE and BACK! Yep, it is the card just named. Only 1 deck is used!!!
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
NOTE: If you had trouble in the past trying to do an invisible deck because you could NOT show the reverse card without fumbling because of your skin texture, then rejoice. This new deck solves that problem, you can instantly show any card reversed with no fumbling or trying to separate rough cards.
spyworld
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of spyworld
1)Place the deck on the table in full view
2)name a card
3)performer picks up the deck and spreads the cards face up, one card face down
4)He puts the face down card on the table. points out that only card reversed

It's really improved invisible deck. I hope the video releasing soon.
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Spyworld,

I know Devin is working on the video, hopefully it will be available soon! As soon as it is we will add it to the product detail on the hocus pocus website and we will post here as well so you know when it is up.

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4178 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow this sound's great ,will be looking out for this one.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
I have one question please.

After the effect is over, what part of the deck can be examined by the spectator (i.e. both the deck and the selected card. Or only one of the two - i.e. the deck or the selected card. Or none of them)?

Looking for an honest and straightforward answer. Answer only if you may so please.

Thank you.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3885 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Seems like overkill to me but good luck with the release.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
While my above query is being answered (hopefully so!?? Smile ), one might like to read my following posts:-

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......415532#6
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......380524#8

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Improved Invisible Deck by Devin Knight (412 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24~25~26 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL