The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist Blossom (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
13
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of 13
Looks fantastic !

Guarded closely in Will Tsai's professional working show for over 10 years, he is now unleashing the most awe-inspiring, self-bending metal effect to ever hit the shelves.

http://www.mystiquefactory.com/collectio......ai-trick

Two versions available, sensitive and wide range.
13
13
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of 13
P.S. The actual bend occurs at 1 minute 20 second mark in the video. The rest of the video is just fluff.
13
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Please - that looks fantastic? Are you joking???

Firstly the video literally shows nothing about what MIGHT make this better or different than Morgan's classic Liquid Metal or Banachek's Psycokinetic Silverware.

Uh ya there was a lot of fluff - marshmalllow fluff I would say.

Priced at over $230? I'm sorry, I don't get this at all unless those in the know feel like Will is tipping something truly new.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The ad copy says the moment happens in THEIR hands... OK, show me.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1261 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I recommend to move this thread downstairs as people might start to compare classical methods with this toy (in my opinion).

Kind regards,
Martin
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Sure I vote for that.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
13
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of 13
I vote you don't move it downstairs.
13
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Looks interesting but wow with the $$$$
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
If it's self working and works on b**y h**t, then it can work in THEIR hands.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
mndude
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of mndude
Nothing ever ever ever gets moved downstairs!
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
Something will happen... because I can't keep my mouth shut.
That was the worst magic commercial I have ever seen.
What in the world does poisoning and abducting have to do with bending forks?
Did the "mickey" that was slipped cause his fork bending powers?
Was he abducted for his powers?
What the $%&# was that?

I'm not going to buy one. It looks like if you do the trick ISIS comes in the middle of the night and takes you away, and we all know what happens then.

Sorry, but it seemed like the elephant in the room.
Image
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, randirain wrote:
Something will happen... because I can't keep my mouth shut.
That was the worst magic commercial I have ever seen.
What in the world does poisoning and abducting have to do with bending forks?
Did the "mickey" that was slipped cause his fork bending powers?
Was he abducted for his powers?
What the $%&# was that?

I'm not going to buy one. It looks like if you do the trick ISIS comes in the middle of the night and takes you away, and we all know what happens then.

Sorry, but it seemed like the elephant in the room.



Randi, I'm sorry but those comments were NOT necessary. People are dying out there (in my city to be exact) and you make a joke about a stupid magic commercial? Although I agree with you, there is absolutely no need to say something like that.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, randirain wrote:
Something will happen... because I can't keep my mouth shut.
That was the worst magic commercial I have ever seen.
What in the world does poisoning and abducting have to do with bending forks?
Did the "mickey" that was slipped cause his fork bending powers?
Was he abducted for his powers?
What the $%&# was that?

I'm not going to buy one. It looks like if you do the trick ISIS comes in the middle of the night and takes you away, and we all know what happens then.

Sorry, but it seemed like the elephant in the room.



Randi, I'm sorry but those comments were NOT necessary. People are dying out there (in my city to be exact) and you make a joke about a stupid magic commercial? Although I agree with you, there is absolutely no need to say something like that.


Sorry to hear this. Sometimes people make offensive statements because they have never experienced the sort of violence that occurs throughout the world. Growing up outside of the US, I have been shot at several times, once with a machine gun. Sometimes people take their little fantasy lives for granted and make light of things they shouldn't.

KJ
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, randirain wrote:
Something will happen... because I can't keep my mouth shut.
That was the worst magic commercial I have ever seen.
What in the world does poisoning and abducting have to do with bending forks?
Did the "mickey" that was slipped cause his fork bending powers?
Was he abducted for his powers?
What the $%&# was that?

I'm not going to buy one. It looks like if you do the trick ISIS comes in the middle of the night and takes you away, and we all know what happens then.

Sorry, but it seemed like the elephant in the room.



Randi, I'm sorry but those comments were NOT necessary. People are dying out there (in my city to be exact) and you make a joke about a stupid magic commercial? Although I agree with you, there is absolutely no need to say something like that.


Sorry, but I did not see anything in her post that looks like she is making a joke about anything other then the stupid demo that even you say is a stupid magic commercial.

These demos are getting ridiculous. Since when do we need a Hollywood style movie to demonstrate an effect. You are selling your effects to magicians. Just show us the effect.

Phil
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Why do people get so worked up over teaser trailers? They're not unique to this industry. If you don't like it, don't buy. That's how you vote, with your wallet. Life is pretty simple. If it offends you, don't buy it. Personally, I couldn't care any less if the teaser was stupid. There's a business reason why businesses use this type of advertising, there might be a small vocal contingent who despise it, but a much larger purchasing base that is intrigued (see Pyro and how well it's done).

The bend was sick, and from early reviews it's a really well made illusion. So please, don't buy it, just one less magician who'll be performing it.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I'm with Randi, that video is Forked Up !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, 1KJ wrote:
Sorry to hear this. Sometimes people make offensive statements because they have never experienced the sort of violence that occurs throughout the world. Growing up outside of the US, I have been shot at several times, once with a machine gun. Sometimes people take their little fantasy lives for granted and make light of things they shouldn't.


On the flip side I know people who have been shot at and killed people and still have a sense of humor. Don't act like you are the majority in these situations. Just because someone doesn't handle thmselves up to you or someone else's moral code doesn't mean you have to jump their s#!t. You can merely say "I didn't think that was funny".

On the OTHER side of the (bent) coin, it's just a (really silly) magic demo. Everyone chill out.
Official Thread Killer
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
Wow... That's what you took from my post?
Thanks Merlin for defending me. There was nothing insensitive by what I said, and don't try to pull any garbage about what troubles you have seen...
Please... I have had three friends murdered. That's right, murdered. One of them was my best friend and the case is still unsolved, thank you very much.

No, I was pointing out the elephant in the room and that that was the worst commercial, and if anyone is being insensitive, it's who ever thought that that commercial was a good idea.

Randi
Image
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Artistically the clip was a train wreck. Bad acting, bad scripting and bad direction. BUT, does that mean the product is no good? Hardly. And if you make your
purchasing decision based on commercials rather than what the product is and does then you may be missing out. So the commercial gets an F in my book. Someone's ego ran amuck. But is the
the fork a valuable prop in the right hands...I don't really know.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Why do people get so worked up over teaser trailers? They're not unique to this industry. If you don't like it, don't buy. That's how you vote, with your wallet. Life is pretty simple. If it offends you, don't buy it. Personally, I couldn't care any less if the teaser was stupid. There's a business reason why businesses use this type of advertising, there might be a small vocal contingent who despise it, but a much larger purchasing base that is intrigued (see Pyro and how well it's done).

The bend was sick, and from early reviews it's a really well made illusion. So please, don't buy it, just one less magician who'll be performing it.


I really think you are wrong when you say a "small vocal contingent who despise it". And nobody said they would not buy it because of the demo. The effect is being hawked to magicians. Do you really think we care if you get drugged to make a fork bend? And then get kidnapped yet on top of it.

Myself, I would want to know how the effect plays for spectators. Go out in the street and perform it, and put that on the teaser. Or here is a crazy idea, just stand in front of the camera, and bend the fork.

Just my views.
Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist Blossom (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL