The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist Blossom (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
Well I have to say! I am for one very excited for this effect! If it does what it claims it will be revolutionary! I for sure will give it a better presentation(imho) I seek to inspire and enlighten with my magic. But hey, that's just me. Everyone has there place! Hey creator/s... great effect! Way to go... That is if it really performs as well as it looks. I saw the SHIFTS demo of screwdriver and it looked AMAZING, one camera. One shot. Clean as a whistle. And the beautiful thing unbent in the spectators hand!!! And then the unbent screwdriver bent in the Magi's hand. Dope! Lol I have screwdriver coming in the mail, should be here by the end of the week! I'll let you guys know what I think on the appropriate forum. That being said. I have high hopes for this possibly rovolutionary effect.
Cheers!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Interesting. I watched the video on the differences between the 2 versions but still not clear at how quickly the animation occurs between each. I completely agree with Randi'a comments on the video.

Dan.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2015, Merlin wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Why do people get so worked up over teaser trailers? They're not unique to this industry. If you don't like it, don't buy. That's how you vote, with your wallet. Life is pretty simple. If it offends you, don't buy it. Personally, I couldn't care any less if the teaser was stupid. There's a business reason why businesses use this type of advertising, there might be a small vocal contingent who despise it, but a much larger purchasing base that is intrigued (see Pyro and how well it's done).

The bend was sick, and from early reviews it's a really well made illusion. So please, don't buy it, just one less magician who'll be performing it.


I really think you are wrong when you say a "small vocal contingent who despise it". And nobody said they would not buy it because of the demo. The effect is being hawked to magicians. Do you really think we care if you get drugged to make a fork bend? And then get kidnapped yet on top of it.

Myself, I would want to know how the effect plays for spectators. Go out in the street and perform it, and put that on the teaser. Or here is a crazy idea, just stand in front of the camera, and bend the fork.

Just my views.
Phil


No, I doubt I'm wrong. Glancing through the bigger magic Internet sales lists since this was put out for presale, it's been on most of the charts, so plenty of people either bought it because of the trailer, or in spite of. Either way it got the product noticed. It's also not just being hawked just to magicians. Most internet sites sell mostly to hobbyists and amateurs. Like Pyro, it's gotten plenty of hype in geek places too.
Also, in fact someone above in the comments clearly said they wouldn't buy it because of the trailer. In the big picture of magic, real magicians, amateurs and hobbyists, it is a very small vocal contingent that complains about the overwrought trailers. If I went back and counted how many different commenters complained about a trailer on the past say fifty pages, it would probably be less than a hundred different people. That's a small contingent in the scheme of things.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, 1KJ wrote:


[...] I have been shot at several times, once with a machine gun [...]

KJ


Sounds like you need to work on your act.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8983 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's actually part of his act. Lol
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Slackerking wrote:

It's also not just being hawked just to magicians. Most internet sites sell mostly to hobbyists and amateurs.


I like to group hobbyists and amateurs into the same category as magicians.

Phil
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
No, I doubt I'm wrong. Glancing through the bigger magic Internet sales lists since this was put out for presale, it's been on most of the charts, so plenty of people either bought it because of the trailer, or in spite of.


Most of those "charts" just show the newest releases at the top because the mad throngs of sheeple that inhabit magic buy whatever the newest over hyped thing is. Sometimes you see old stuff from 10 years ago at the top of those lists merely because a company has decided to push it again and bring attention to it to get rid of backstock.

The companies who release this stuff rarely give a d@mn about the small sales because they sell directly to distributors and get their money that way. That's why the constant flood of mediocre product. You make the majority of your sales that first week/month by selling the bulk to places like Murphy's. Then you have to keep doing that to turn a profit for every lackluster thing. The demos are just there to have a presence and rasie awareness like any demo is. However, some are far sillier than others.
Official Thread Killer
13
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of 13
Any reviews on BLOSSOM ?
13
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, 13 wrote:
Any reviews on BLOSSOM ?


There were a few on the other thread and they all seemed to be very positive.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Mine is sitting in my post office and I hope to have a review up this afternoon. At the present time I only do table hopping at restaurants so I am hoping this is as promised.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
The trailer was done in bad taste...we can agree on that yes? For me Im getting a little tired of these self bending objects coming out..keys dam screw drivers. Do I see the value of a self bending for sure..but for me I rather do liquid metal with the addons from liquid metal 2 and give them a fantastic memento they'll remember for ever.

that's just me.........
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
My review (partial) of the sensitive - not the wide range.

First off - you cannot do this outdoors the way the video implies that you can, but you can do it on stage. So that is deceptive, in my opinion, and it requires the use of a rather large prop that you have to make at an additional cost. In fact you cannot do this close-up the way the trailer implies you can, period. That requires a totally different handling, so the visual impact is nowhere the same, but yes you can have the fork bend right in the specs hand and that is shown on the instructional video

The ad copy says this does not bend at room temp. NOT TRUE. I can make a video if someone really wants to see. The tines will start to bend after about two minutes, so at room temp you cannot have this sitting around for long. So getting this into play could be a problem, but that is addressed and it requires a bit of prep. Packed in *** it's no problem. But that is not what the trailer or ad copy says.

Fortunately you can do the bend in your own hand with the spec just watching. I am working on my own handling for this so that I can do both the stem and the tines as separate bends and (if possible) at the same time (without it being the handling I would use to have it bend in the specs hand). But there is just no way (at least none described for us) that you can get that amazing bending shown on the trailer without the mega prop.

I am not trying to be negative, but I feel like I did not get an honest pitch from Will. I do not do stage, so for me that aspect of the fork is wasted. However, I still feel with proper preparation it will be quite useable for table hopping (in my case - because of the situation) although resetting will be a bit of an issue.

Will does give some useful tips on the video, but nothing earth shattering.

Not for walk around (imho).

More when I get a chance to practice and perform live.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
977 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
I'm kind of shocked that after being out on the market for a few weeks not many reviewes. Blossom does sound pretty cool. I own a previous model. I'll be ordering this soon from Paul at hocus-Pocus. I know he had been selling a lot just wondering if anyone else out there van write more reviews on the fork.
Thanks.
Justin.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Any more reviews? It sounds so far like Screwdriver doesn't have any of the issues in Jaizon's review like the mega prop, the room temp and the outdoors issue and close up. Other reviews Ive seen though on this haven't mentioned any of this.
Moondragon1
View Profile
Regular user
Washington state
153 Posts

Profile of Moondragon1
I have screwdriver, and love it! Does anyone out there have screwdriver and blossom? If so could you pm me?☺ I'd like to know the differances and nuancesbetween the two.
Thanks!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I wanted to buy the screwdriver, but after my experience with the fork I am going to wait for some other reviews. Once fooled ten times shy.
Dr. J Maggio
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Dr. J Maggio
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Slackerking wrote:
Why do people get so worked up over teaser trailers? They're not unique to this industry. If you don't like it, don't buy. That's how you vote, with your wallet. Life is pretty simple. If it offends you, don't buy it. Personally, I couldn't care any less if the teaser was stupid. There's a business reason why businesses use this type of advertising, there might be a small vocal contingent who despise it, but a much larger purchasing base that is intrigued (see Pyro and how well it's done).

The bend was sick, and from early reviews it's a really well made illusion. So please, don't buy it, just one less magician who'll be performing it.


Not everybody agrees with the morally bankrupt notions that the everything is ok in the name of the "free market" and some kind of Ayn Randian "utopia." Voting with your dollars is not voting at all.
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Is there any demo of this effect rather than the video demo from the sands minds?

Anyone who bought and perform it LIVE maybe?
13
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of 13
Agree ... Would love to see some real world performances.
13
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Jaizon,

Thanks for the review. I just purchased a wide range through the open box sale at Penguin for a really good price. I have been curious, but didn't want to take the high price plunge. I'll give my review of the wide range one when I get it and have a chance to play with it.

My take is if I can figure out a way to make good magic with this, then I really don't care what the ad copy says or doesn't say.

We'll see how it goes.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist Blossom (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL