The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist Blossom (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Indeed we will. Best of luck. And let us know if you figure out a reasonable way to use it. Thanks.
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Yes please let us know when you have it and give us the review.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Ok, I received Blossom, the wide range version. I had a chance to play around with it. I also have a great comedy routine that I would love to do with it, but I'm having some problems. I'm not too concerned about the issue of transporting it in a special container, but I'm having a performance problem.

I seem to have the opposite problem as Jaizon, probably because I have the wide range version. I was hoping for something that I could put in my warm hands (I have very warm hands), or hold between two fingers, and it would start to bend immediately. Mine bends so slow, that the performance would be like watching grass grow. In the video, they talk about putting it in a participant's closed hands. That really does speed up the process. That's fine, but I'm looking for parlor magic, so why on earth would I have a participant close their hands around the fork so no one can see it bend? They also talk about building a special table to speed up the process. That might work, I'm just not keen on the idea of bringing furniture to a gig. Maybe I could hire a moving company each time and bring in a couch, a few chairs, and my special table. Let's see, $250 for the gig, $750 for the moving company. Maybe I could make it up in volume. "Honey, I just need to do more gigs!"

I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work for me.

If someone has the screwdriver, could you please let me know: Can you hold the screwdriver in your hand and have the screwdriver appear to bend over?... Without it taking a week to bend?

Also, I would love to hear comments for both wide range and narrow range screwdrivers.

Thanks.

KJ
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
PM sent KJ. Have a look.

Jaizon
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I bought both and prefer the sensitive version. I use it only in my stage/parlour gig with the DIY prop. The effect looks beautiful on stage. I built it with a table you could take apart from ikea. The overall size is about half of my Snow Animator (napkin holder version). No problem fitting into my truck with the snow animator. Still got room for other things. Look for the brown four legs. It's light and packs small.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks, AaronishMagic. It seems the wide range version is best for in the hands bend, which will freak out the person holding the fork and the sensitive version is perhaps better for out of the hands bend, possibly with a little something to help it along.

I will say that the wide range version works tremendously well in the hands, but I too am looking for something for stage/parlor. I'm thinking about switching out for the sensitive one.

KJ
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Anyone successfully using this in a stage performance?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Alchemist Blossom (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL