We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Librarians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2767 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Sorry if I've misspelled it, but did anyone watch this on TNT Sunday night?

I was a big fan of the original three films made about ten years ago and was excited at the idea of a series.

The concept has changed a bit. Because of a plot device, the actual library is gone along with Bob Newhart and Jane Curtain and Noah Whyle's character, having set up our new protagonists, has left to try and find a way back to the original library.

Meanwhile, our new group, is based on the West Coast ANNEX of the Library where they can access the actual books, but not the artifacts which left reality when the Library closed shop. They will be working with John Larroquette who actually doesn't like having a group in his branch and would prefer being left alone to do his research.

All in all, it looks like it will be fun!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20659 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I saw it. (Oddly enough I am in the Dominican Republic until February and we get TNT.)

They had a lot of characters to introduce which they did fairly well. Some of the story you just really had to go along with and not poke it too much. Not the magic post but the places that were so easy to break into and all.

All in all I thought it was fun. Sort of put me in mind of an American Doctor Who vibe. Which I enjoyed.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I have mixed feelings. I like it and I will watch it for a while. It reminds me of Warehouse 13.
Dennis Michael
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, Dennis Michael wrote:
I have mixed feelings. I like it and I will watch it for a while. It reminds me of Warehouse 13.

I missed it, but seeing one of the commercials a few days ago, I commented to my wife that it seemed like their version of Warehouse 13.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I thought the Bob Newhart, Jane Curtain, Noah Wiley episodes pre-dated Warehouse 13.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2014, 0pus wrote:
I thought the Bob Newhart, Jane Curtain, Noah Wiley episodes pre-dated Warehouse 13.

They may well have.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27164 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
? thought it was a TV movie - then follow up movies till this series.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's right, Jonathan. They started in 2004. If anything, Warehouse 13 was based on The Librarians, not the other way around.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Librarians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL