The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » REALLY thin CSB (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Dollarbill wrote:
Ive got 2 johnson sets and neither if them are that thin. Mine are both about 20 years old if that matters.

Here's my ~35 year old set. Thought it was maybe Sterling/SASCO but just ran across the Johnson instructions that came with it.

Click here to view attached image.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Finally got the pics to take.
#1 Liberty,Johnson,Express Sets
#2 Top- Shells Bottom- Gaffed Inserts
#3 Inserts in the Shells

Click here to view attached image.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
306 Posts

Profile of lithyem
The insert coin looks super thin to me - none of the CSB sets that I have look that thin, halves or dollars. When the shell is made just right, the insert can be thick enough to hold up. The sets that I use, both the [ and the insert can stand up to visual scrutiny in my open hand or on the table. The gold rim is what would bug me. But hey others are right, the coins are only tools, proper technique can devastate with even barely passable coins.

Incidentally - Selling a Lassen solid Morgan CSB if anyone is looking. Picked up a soft Morgan set from him so I'm letting this one go.
http://imgur.com/a/svu5w
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=76
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2014, lithyem wrote:

http://imgur.com/a/svu5w[/quote]

Now *that* is what I expected it to look like.
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, snowpuppy wrote:
I have been trying to add some pics to no avail, so just to say, I own a Set just like yours,a Johnson Kennedy Set and a Mason Orient Express Set.The inserts on the Liberty and Kennedy Sets are almost exactly the same thickness, so your insert is normal.But in your picture you have the Liberty side showing,...it should be the Copper side showing....see your instructions for Set - Up.
All in all I like each of my Sets, but must admit that I favor the Orient Set as you don't have to worry about covering the hole and you can flash the inside of the Shell as it is double sided with no worries.
Hope this helps, Mike

I wasn't suggesting it wasn't 'normal'.

And I don't want to do his routine. It's not to my taste. I expected to be able to to any CSB routine with the set, not be limited to 'his'.

Thanks for the info though Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » REALLY thin CSB (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL