We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » History of the I.B.M. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alliys
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of alliys
Hello! I hope I'm posting in the right place for this.

My name is Alicia, and I'm a university student currently researching for my dissertation on the professionalization of stage magic and creation of magic organizations in the early 20th century. I was wondering if any of you here knew of reliable historical sources on the creation of the I.B.M., and if so, could point me towards them?

Thank you so much!
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Have you tried contacting the IBM directly?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Here is a brief version of the history from the I.B.M. Website. Hope it helps. If you need more, I may be able to refer to a couple of excellent historians.

http://www.magician.org/about/history

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
alliys
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of alliys
Thank you Skip! And yes, it would be fantastic if you could provide me with the contact information for the historians you mentioned!
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
Alliys - check this link on Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Linking-Rings-Will......73388089 It is to "William W. Durbin and the Magic and Mystery of America" - a biography on W. W. Durbin written by his Grandson. Durbin was the first elected President of the I.B.M. after they incorporated in 1926 at the world's first magic convention in Kenton, Ohio. The history on the IBM website should give you the early history of the IBM's being started by three pen pals - Len Vintus, Gene Gordon, and Ernest Schieldge in 1922. The history on the IBM website and the Durbin bio should get you way down the road on the early history of the IBM.

Bill Wells
Past International President 1983-84
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » History of the I.B.M. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.67 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL