The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What are chicken nuggets really made of? (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Beer and alcoholic drinks aren't good for you as well, in large amounts. Smile

Just sayin'...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Exactly - a little red wine can be healthy, but too much is unhealthy.

Which is why I consider any food to be both "health food" and "junk food" at the same time (a "quantum diet"? where the cat is both alive and dead at the same time)

Even water can kill you if you drink too much of it.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Or cause cancer if you drink it from a plastic bottle.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Don't tar all bottled water with the same brush:

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Magnetized Water excluded of course.
Nosslrak
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Nosslrak
I thought health nuts loved antioxidants?
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Why eat a chicken nugget when you can eat chicken?
I eat foods in their natural form and feel much better.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, magicfish wrote:
I don't get it. What else would it be made of?

"Chicken Nuggets is Soylent Green! You've got to tell them!"
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
People want to bash big companies.

Look at the same urban ledend that said KFC can't use the word chicken because they don't have chicken in the product. Turns out it was a marketing decision to move past just chicken based menu items. And they LOVE to believe them!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, silvercup wrote:

You eat naked? :p

I gave up all deep fried foods when I turned 40 (almost 9 years ago) and last year I gave up all fast food (except for pizza; let’s not get crazy here). With all the medical problems I have I would have most likely stroked out by now if I didn't. I'm not a health nut but I do eat the same foods each day.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
People want to bash big companies.

Look at the same urban ledend that said KFC can't use the word chicken because they don't have chicken in the product. Turns out it was a marketing decision to move past just chicken based menu items. And they LOVE to believe them!

I thought it was because they didn't want to pay royalties to the State of Kentucky?
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2015, silvercup wrote:

You eat naked? :p

I gave up all deep fried foods when I turned 40 (almost 9 years ago) and last year I gave up all fast food (except for pizza; let’s not get crazy here). With all the medical problems I have I would have most likely stroked out by now if I didn't. I'm not a health nut but I do eat the same foods each day.

Make your own pizza. It's not hard at all and it's really really good.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Pizza is a splurge that I indulge in every once in a while. I do make mini pizza's using Laccha Paratha (flat bread).

silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Do you make the Laccha Paratha? Pizza dough is a breeze.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I buy them frozen. I work 60 hours a week and only cook on the weekends. I eat for free while at work, but it isn't the healthiest choices so I bring in leftovers for the weekend. The Paratha is also great with whipped garlic.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2014, JoeJoe wrote:

Coco-cola is a bottled water company. I only cited them because they are the "biggest" ... so yes, the whole drink industry is a huge problem for society on multiple levels. There is no need what-so-ever to bottle water in California when there are other locations they could get water that are not empty. It is irresponsible, and a friend of mine lost his house in a wildfire and I'm mad about it!

In fact ... I just recently discovered they have poisoned me with "aspartame" that has left me sick for months with multiple doctor and ER visits. I wouldn't even be posting on "not very magical" other than the fact that I've been too sick to do any actual work.

FWIW:

PepsiCo says it's dropping aspartame from Diet Pepsi in response to customer feedback and replacing it with sucralose, another artificial sweetener commonly known as Splenda.

The decision to swap sweeteners comes as Americans keep turning away from popular diet sodas. Competitor Coca-Cola said this week that sales volume for Diet Coke, which also uses aspartame, fell 5 percent in North America in the first three months of the year.

Executives at Coke and Pepsi blame the declines on perceptions that aspartame isn't safe. That's even though the Food and Drug Administration says aspartame, best known by the brand names Equal and NutraSweet, is "one of the most exhaustively studied substances in the human food supply, with more than 100 studies supporting its safety."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150424......29f.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, JoeJoe wrote:

I believe McDonalds is actually on the very top of the game. They watch market trends and respond faster than any other restaurant - they were one of the very first to stop using 'pink slime' and set the trend for others to follow (I don't actually approve of that - I am a pink slime fan). They just announced they are going to start using less ingredients in their food so people won't have to wonder what everything is.

Very top of the game? You are entitled to your opinion. But McDonalds made that announcement in large part because its business is (relatively speaking) tanking.

https://fortune.com/2015/04/22/mcdonalds......closing/

"The restaurant company closed 350 stores in early 2015, on top of the 350 it had already said it would shutter, as the burger purveyor seeks to stanch sales declines."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/mcdonalds-reve......tor.html

"McDonald's to develop new turnaround plan as sales fall again ... following one of McDonald's most dismal years on record."

"Earlier on Wednesday, McDonald’s had reported an 11% decrease in revenue and a 30% drop in profit for the first three months of year, a continuation of its troubles in the last two years as it has struggled to compete with new U.S. competitors"
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I was shocked to see the McDonald's a few blocks away from my home close last year. I had never seen that happen before to any McDonald's.

This is in a very working class area of Brooklyn, right near a subway station; I would have thought running one of these was a license to print money.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
About a decade ago I saw one close across the street from a high school. Surprising indeed.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2015, landmark wrote:
I was shocked to see the McDonald's a few blocks away from my home close last year. I had never seen that happen before to any McDonald's.

This is in a very working class area of Brooklyn, right near a subway station; I would have thought running one of these was a license to print money.

Years ago a friend of mine was looking into building a Mc'D's near his rental property. Back then you had to have 1 million liquid to have your own restaurant; reason being they didn't want to see a Mc'D's closed. Overseas they are popular too, but I remember seeing them in the States surprisingly close to each other. Perhaps they over-saturated the market?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What are chicken nuggets really made of? (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL