The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ice Cold by Morgan Strebler LIMITED EDITION (2 DVD Set) (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
The product can be found here: http://www.sansminds.com/index.php/ice-c......ler.html

I wonder if it's going to contain any information that's not in Ice Cold the book. I was disappointed in Ice Cold, it was way overpriced in my opinion, especially for something that's not limited. However, this may be a good purchase for those who haven't bought the book as I feel $150 is a more accurate price for the information that was presented in the book.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I kind of agree, Gorgeous. Had I known I could have gotten the DVDs for half the price of the book, I'd have waited.
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
I have a feeling the DVD is due to poor sales of the book. Pure speculation on my part, but that's the feeling I get.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Limited to only 700 copies.

Does that mean hurry or take your time?

700 street magicians doing hit-n-run psychological assault and battery sort of worries me. The latest video is even more disturbing than the original.

Gypsyfish: is the point to the whole Ice Cold 'system' just to mentally mug someone, or is there a non-ego non passive-aggressive value to it all? Could you give some insight here? Thanks.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, Alwow wrote:
I have a feeling the DVD is due to poor sales of the book. Pure speculation on my part, but that's the feeling I get.

From what I understand Morgan sold all of the 399 he planned to released but then he signed a deal to make it unlimited.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I wrote a long assessment of it in the other thread and am too lazy to look it up. For me, in the end, there were good and useful things/information in the book, but I thought the price was a bit hefty. That said I willingly paid it because I thought It could use the information. From the time I ordered it to when I got it, I re-evaluated what I felt readings should be about (I had been re-evaluating for a while before this) and that was another reason I decided it wasn't to my taste. I found parts of it too manipulative.

That said, Morgan deserves credit for writing it. He's clearly used the techniques, they work for him and I agree when he says that the reader should be using a system, like palmistry, tarot or whatever. He gives an overview of both of them and runes, too.

It sounds weird, but I don't regret buying the book, just spending so much money for it.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Didn't he copy and paste much of his .....uhhhhhh.... book from public domain writings from the internet?

Ray
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I've recently read this, Ray, and, if true, it bothers me.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
From the ads:

"This new DVD set is Morgan Strebler's latest and most unique work to date. The release is meant to set a record and not intended to be owned by everyone."

Does anyone know what he's talking about or what kind of 'record' he intended to set? Just curious.
T. Durden
View Profile
Loyal user
USA
296 Posts

Profile of T. Durden
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
700 street magicians doing hit-n-run psychological assault and battery sort of worries me.

I seriously doubt that'll ever happen. Ever heard of the Pareto principle (the 80–20 rule)?

Here's how I think it likely applies to magic effects:

Let's say 700 copies are sold. Of those, 80% will probably never take the time to really learn and absorb the information; only 20% of the purchasers will (140).

Of those 20%, probably 80% will leave it there and never continue. 20% will continue to work on it (28).

Of those 20-of-20 percent, 80% will never put it into their active repertoire. Only 20% will actively use it (5-6 people).

And of those, only 20% will really get GOOD at it.

This is pure speculation, but I suspect that the 80-20 rule really does apply to magic effects released to our community in this way, and I don't think you need to worry about 700 street magicians doing hit-n-run psychological assault and battery. Just my two pennies.

-Nathan Allen
http://DirtyJokesAndMagicTricks.com
a.k.a. Nathan Allen
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Wow Durden, a very interesting analysis on the principle of Pareto applied to magic... very itneresting.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
The Pareto Principle...sure sounds about right. I'd never heard of it before. Wiki has a nice page on it. It seems to apply to the effects I buy, too.
Gorgeous
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Gorgeous
I've seen the Pareto principle applied to economics and games but to apply it to magic purchases is interesting. I have no doubts there is at least some validity to it as you can pretty much apply it to abything.
jackbr
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of jackbr
Hello all,

Has anybody bought this ? I would like to buy this, but I live outside US. So, do this works only in English ? Do this works in Spanish or Portuguese ?

Thanks in advance,

Jack
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2014, jackbr wrote:
Hello all,

Has anybody bought this ? I would like to buy this, but I live outside US. So, do this works only in English ? Do this works in Spanish or Portuguese ?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

As soon as I will received mine by the end of the year, I will let you know.
jackbr
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of jackbr
Thank you BlackZ ! I will wait your comments Smile !
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Save your money and buy Readings as Entertainment by Richard webster
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2014, Chamberlain wrote:

Doh!!!
RobertMarsi
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of RobertMarsi
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2014, Chamberlain wrote:

Chamberlain, did you get the DVD set to make that assessment? I'd like to hear from people who have actually received their sets and for honest reviews.
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
Just arrived, give me the time to see them and I will post my thoughts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ice Cold by Morgan Strebler LIMITED EDITION (2 DVD Set) (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL