The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SansMind and Morgan Stebler bring Ice Cold to DVD! Limited to 700! (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
The book was origanlly a limted edition for a few days. Then I had chaged my mind about having a limit on it. Some people can't afford things things at certain times. I kept the price the same, and refunded the people that we not happy about it. DURING PRE ORDERS I sold the book and DVD rights to San Minds Magic. The book will be released agin in the future. The DVD is a companion to the book they, and ARE THE exact same system Which was why I added their quotes, It's simply just a visual aid of learning which what was reviewed is the book it's the same on the DVD. This is my fault not Sans Minds. Bob and Luca I'm going to PM you.

Best Wishes,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
Mr. Cassady will you please PM me?

Thanks,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Mentalism is starting to go down a very precarious road. When you release a "limited edition" in mentalism, it is surely understood that it is the information that is going to be limited, not the medium the information is contained within. Otherwise what is to stop someone bringing out a limited edition book, followed by a limited edition audiobook of the same content, followed by a limited edition ebook, finishing off with a limited (to 700 copies)edition DVD which, as was pointed out above, is practically mass-market in mentalism terms.

High prices, un-limited limited editions, people buying limited editions to immediately sell for profit, illegal downloads, you tube exposure, psychic frauds muscling in on our art: what a corrupt, money-grabbing mess mentalism is turning into.

Have to agree and this is not the first time this has happened

As for using quotes to sell a DVD from bob and Luke , completely unethical to use quotes from them considering they have not even seen the DVD
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, takeachance wrote:
I gather that the DVD follows the book. There has been some criticism that the book was rehashed cold reading and stock standard lines taken from the many freely available resources, which one would expect to a degree. Is there anything that you both would class as outstanding or a breakthrough in Steblers approach that puts it ahead of other publications on cold reading.

Other controversies of limited editions aside, Bob and Luca are both highly regarded professionals and have read and endorsed the book. Their opinion/answer to my question would help many of us able to make an informed decision on purchasing the book or DVD.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
JackMagic, the quotes are clearly endorsing the techniques from Morgan, the DVD is a visual format that teaches the techniques. I don't see a problem in that.

Morgan, love your fork material and Razor Edge. Look forward to receiving my copy. The reactions in the trailer are killers!
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
what a corrupt, money-grabbing mess mentalism is turning into.

It was a pretty corrupt, money-grabbing mess in the 1800s too.

Hold a seance and talk to Washington Irving Bishop...
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Thank You Martin Pulman for pointing that out!
I feel the same way about this "release".
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Anthony Black wrote:
Odd way to do things.

If I review a book on Amazon and give it 5 stars, I don't expect that review to be used for a film adaption a year down the road.

They should make that clear in the adverts.
Otherwise people will assume you are giving your support to a project you have not even seen.

Horrible example.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, Dreda wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, kannon wrote:
There was also a big thread regarding the book and evidence it was largely plagurised from some psychic websites word for word. Not surprising it vanished.

I remember this thread : http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15 but that's all...

It was in Penny for your thoughts ?

Nope! It was pretty damming.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
Quote:
I gather that the DVD follows the book. There has been some criticism that the book was rehashed cold reading and stock standard lines taken from the many freely available resources, which one would expect to a degree. Is there anything that you both would class as outstanding or a breakthrough in Steblers approach that puts it ahead of other publications on cold reading.

Other controversies of limited editions aside, Bob and Luca are both highly regarded professionals and have read and endorsed the book. Their opinion/answer to my question would help many of us able to make an informed decision on purchasing the book or DVD.

Would still like to hear a review from someone who endorsed the book or for that matter, any purchasers. If you don't want to go on the record publicly, appreciate a PM
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Any reviews of this?
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
See this thread for a couple reviews: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=30#5
Paulpet
View Profile
New user
Granada, SPAIN
2 Posts

Profile of Paulpet
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, Enotskcalb wrote:
This DVD set looks quite interesting. Still have not bought the book, but I may check it out based on the endorsements by Bob Cassidy, Marc Salem and Luca Volpe.

Hi, I'm in Granada Spain and purchased the 'Ice Cold' DVD set from the UK and I have to say I'm not thrilled with it. Lots of fancy intro graphics and music and very little as far as new ideas are concerned. In fact most things I have been using for years. For the 121 UK pounds it cost I would have preferred more content and less effort into the DVD production. I my opinion it does not live up to the pre-launch hype.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SansMind and Morgan Stebler bring Ice Cold to DVD! Limited to 700! (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL