The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intimate Impossibilities-new 2 DVD set by Richard Osterlind (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Just received this email and just as quickly ordered:

Over the years, Richard Osterlind has produced numerous instructional videos that have gained worldwide acclaim. Most of the material on these DVDs have centered on stage and platform entertainment for larger audiences.

Realizing that many performers spend more time performing for family and friends in a less-formal environment, Osterlind Mysteries is proud to present Intimate Impossibilities, a new 2-DVD set with material suited for just these types of performing situations.

The atmostphere on Intimate Impossibilities is a very relaxed one with Richard standing at a table using between two and five spectators, exactly like the way most people perform. The routines are not casual, however. These are the exact routines Richard uses when performing close-up, at trade shows, and in his own informal situations.

The variety of material across these two DVDs is amazing. Starting with the material in the Dynamo Deck booklet, Richard shows how to construct the deck and then demonstrates most of the items in that book. If you have wanted to see these routines in action, now you can! The Dynamo Radar Deck alone is one of the strongest pieces of mentalism card magic you'll ever do. That, however, represents only half of the project. There are also many additional card routines Richard has used throughout his professional career and which are all reputation makers! These items include his ending for Out of This World, his newest touches (absolutely unbelievable!) for a one-deck version of Annemann's Magic vs. Mindreading, an incredible routine using a blindfold and the Gilbreath Principle, and even a demonstration of his famous Miracle Thought Projection. Mentalists have been waiting to see this in action for years!

Non-card items include routines such as a brand new spoon bend that can be done ultra close-up and resembles the type of work Uri Geller was noted for. There is a Living and Dead routine that is amazing and super easy to do using a principle most are probably unfamiliar with. There is a close-up billet routine that takes the standard handling into a new dimension! There is an unpublished book test and a close-up method for doing a Q&A act for just a few people that features as much punch as the stage version! Finally, there is an incredible demonstration of Richard's method for doing informal Contact Mind Reading in a manner you won't believe! It looks so good, you'll think he using a stooge!

Pay particular attention to the additional details in the Explanation section. Like all of Richard's materials, there is a wealth of detail that will give you new insights and improve your performing way beyond the effects taught.

Although low key and intimate, the material on these DVDs is every bit as amazing and hard hitting (if not more!) than what can be found in some fully-produced stage shows. As any working pro will tell you, it is usually the close-up and intimate work that creates the kind or reputation that leads to the high-paying stage shows. These DVDs feature exactly that type of material!

If you have a deck of cards in your pocket, along with a few pieces of paper and some ordinary household items, you will be able to perform these incredible mental mysteries at any time and place!

The normal price of $49.95 is already an unbelievable bargain for these 21 miracles on two DVDs. However, during our pre-order special, we are offering an extraordinary holiday bonus for Osterlind Mysteries customers. For a short time, you can purchase the Intimate Impossibilities 2-DVD set for just $39.95 - a savings of 20%! (Please note that this sale will only last for a very short while and the price of the set will revert back to its regular $49.95 retail price as soon as the DVDs start shipping in approximately two weeks.)
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey ! Nice new! Smile

Do you have any link please? Thanks in advance
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
CL
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
75 Posts

Profile of CL
Has anyone gotten seen an advance copy of this and perhaps have some early thoughts?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2014, magicinsight wrote:

Over the years, Richard Osterlind has produced numerous instructional videos that have gained worldwide acclaim. Most of the material on these DVDs have centered on stage and platform entertainment for larger audiences.

Realizing that many performers spend more time performing for family and friends in a less-formal environment, Osterlind Mysteries is proud to present Intimate Impossibilities, a new 2-DVD set with material suited for just these types of performing situations.

This really looks nice and promising. And since this is a Richard Osterlind release, obviously the selection of contents has to be the best.

Looking forward to this.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Beautiful material! I will get this for sure

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I'd love to know more about the spoon bending. Sounds like a winner.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I don't need a review.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Miracle Thought Projection on DVD? I thought this day would never come...
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Too right Martin, I think MTP will be the reason a lot of people purchase this set. Hope he performs multiple times, showing how he handles both hits and misses in performance.

As an aside, I wonder what happened to Gary Jones' version of the effect. It was a project he had in the works a few years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK2-yCWKib8
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Complete no brainer.

Ordered.
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Great news!!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anything by him is a must buy for me, the sapphire collection was fabulous.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Nice. Ordered!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
This looks fabulous, as are all of Richard Osterlind's DVDs. A must buy.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Now if only his penny bend was on it! Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Dec 14, 2014, rockwall wrote:

Now if only his penny bend was on it! Smile

Need to wait for disc #3 - Hopefully Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
I just went back and read "Miracle Thought Projection" as it was in Richard's book "Dyanamic Mysteries" published by Jeff Busby and long out of print. It's even more killer than I remembered. From one angle, I'm really disappointed that it's coming out on the video and runs the risk of becoming commonplace. But it sure will be one of the things driving sales on this DVD set. For those of us who experiment and develop the knack for it, it could be a major turning point in their understanding of mentalism and worth 100 times the cost of this set. Especially given the pre-release price.
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Bill, I'm guessing that you've tried "Miracle Thought Projection" a few times (Why did you stop?) and amazed yourself as much as your victims. Uh - audience. MTP was one of those things that I only used in an informal situation, especially when someone made some snarky comment about "What do you do?"

Never had to go further than five cards to score a direct hit, and the cards leading up to the direct hit always built the suspense, step by step, and led to screams. More than once, it only took two cards. But the real secret was -- well, I imagine there will be even more of such presentation taught on the DVDs.

ONCE, at the first Osterlind Seminar, a group of magicians/mentalists/hypnotists wanted to know what MTP was - they knew that I'd used it. I accidently put the card down without looking at it, and had the lead spectator name a card. If I recall, he said "5 of diamonds." He turned over the card.

Five of diamonds.

You are absolutely right. This effect, and the way to perform it, is assuredly worth 100 times the cost of this set. I pity the audiences of performers who study MTP and fry their brains.

*jeep! and God Bless! (Thanks, Red!)
----Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Just to let everyone who pre-ordered this know, we just heard from the replication facility that the DVDs are on their way back to us and we'll be shipping pre-orders beginning on Monday. Pre-order pricing, however, will continue through Sunday. More info here. Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Intimate Impossibilities-new 2 DVD set by Richard Osterlind (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL