The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Insert stuck inside shell fix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

Profile of chasesummers20
A good way to fix a stuck coin inside the shell is to apply 2 hot glue sticks on oppposite ends letting them dry after heating them up and applying them on the coins. After they cool off you now have 2 handles to work with, gripping each opposing end then seperating the shell from the coin. Make sure to wash both sides of the coins with dawn liquid soap, let dry and then clean with rubbing alcohol, leaving the surface tactic for the glue sticks to adhere. After your finished peel off the hot glue it will not leave any sticky residue on the coins. Thanks. Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Great advice!

I use packing tape.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

I triwd to sttretch out my shell with a piece of paper and it ripped so I was stuck with a paper circle inside my gimmick. I read almost every post and ad no luck with teqniuqes mentioned. so I got clever because, I wasnt goona except the fact that I was beat. It really works like a charm.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I think bang ring could work too

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

I tried the bang ring and I felt like I was going to damage my coin. That thing was really stuck due to the paper stuck inside. Forgive my spelling on my previous post. I must have been in a rush.
king_amongthepigs
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of king_amongthepigs
I've tried this method before too! Works like a charm.
I never really liked the method where you put the stuck [ and insert into a glass and shake as I feel like the [ might be damaged, so I tried the exact method above.
Sometimes I'd glue the half of the [ part onto a table and use the glue gun to get glue on the insert side to pull. Works better with ones that are more stuck. You'll need acetone to clean out the glue though.
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

I thought I was the only one who did this. I really thought I was something when I came up with it.
Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
Btw, in almost every online store I see Roy Kueppers Expanded Shell Repair DVD.
I was wondering if it covers a special technique. Does anybody have this DVD? Is it worth getting it? Sth. new in there?

Nightcrawler
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

Im sure if you called roy, he would answer any questions. I like talking to roy. Joe mogar is another one I really like speaking to.
Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
Congratulations to your 50th post in record time ;-)
Guess you will be found in the banquet room for a while =)

Yeah, maybe I should talk to Roy directly. Just wanted an independend optinion first.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2019 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
This is worth a look for shell repair though the images aren't loading for me at the moment.

https://coolotis.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/tool-tips/
chasesummers20
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
57 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Nightcrawler wrote:
Congratulations to your 50th post in record time ;-)
Guess you will be found in the banquet room for a while =)

Yeah, maybe I should talk to Roy directly. Just wanted an independend optinion first.

thank you. You are almost there too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Insert stuck inside shell fix (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL