The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sydney Siege (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2014, Ian McColl wrote:

I believe in the wind ..It's invisible .....

AMEN Slim!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Monis was on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife. He also faced more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges.

What idiot gave him bail?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have the police stood down and the streets returned to normal cars and people at work there?

is a planned public rememberance?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi JT, the direct site (cafe) is closed off to police only. Cars and people traffic is still light in the area , it will take a few days to get back to normal.

People are laying flowers in Martin place and tables have been erected. Condolence books are there.

A memorial will be placed there in the future.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Thanks Ian

Don't let the terrorists win by getting you to make concessions to fear
...to all the coins I've dropped here
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Cliches notwithstanding, the terrorists "win" when they kill people; the non-terrorists win when we take reasonable precautions that prevent the terrorists from killi people.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Hi JT, I have had a rifle pressed to my temple and threats made once. That didn't bother me but to make me angry. I fear not but scared people.
I'll still wake tomorrow and have breakfast and a coffee. Unless I wake up dead.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Another hostage died. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
It is a murderous cult.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Islamophobia?

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, tommy wrote:
Islamophobia?

Allfaithsphobia.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Maybe just North Korean hacking as this thread doesn't make sense anymore.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
Islamophobia?

Allfaithsphobia.

Words to remember when asking for prayers.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 16, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
Islamophobia?

Allfaithsphobia.

Words to remember when asking for prayers.

Not phobic of affirmations and sharing love.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Islamophobia: For the purpose of beating down critics the term Islamophobia was invented in the 1990s by The International Institute for Islamic Thought, it’s a think tank and a front group for the Muslim Brotherhood. They have such groups in Sydney and people have been warning about their activities in regard to the radicalisation of nut cases. The authorities have been reluctant or ignored the warnings for fear of being called Islamophobic. It is quite possible that this nut is connected to those fronts. If that is so, then how does one deal with the problem bearing in mind race laws and that some of the fronts are places of worship at the same time. The Muslim Brotherhood are not idiots and it is all thought out and designed to be difficult.

"Sydney's Egyptian community has revealed that the Muslim Brotherhood movement behind now ousted Egyptian president Mohamed Mursi has opened an office in the western suburbs." July 12, 2013. http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/muslim-brother......29s.html

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
This man was a deranged criminal, and as Tommy suggested earlier, should have been in jail.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The bail laws in Oz seem to be much the same as here in England as opposed to the USA. In short I am amazed he was out on bail. The courts here also make some strange bail decisions though.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
They have apparently changed the laws in NSW recently Tommy and I saw their Attorney General today saying that under current laws, one charged as an accessory to murder would not be allowed bail, which is at least good for the future. (Our criminal laws vary state to state.)

I also read that he had a webpage where he made threats against people and said he had a price on the head of the religious affairs reporter of the ABC (national public broadcaster). Just that alone would warrant a good stretch in prison in my opinion.

On another note I'm surprised how low key the reportage has been that the manager who died trying to take the gun was gay.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sydney Siege (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL