The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sankey's 'Self-Evident' like effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Hi guys, I have juz seen the effect in Jay Sankey's '22 Blows to the head' dvd where the card the spectator chooses is the only blue backed odd card. I found that this effect is simpler and cleaner than David Regal's Self-Evident with the right presentation. What do you guys think of it? (Ps:i know how the trick is done as it utilises a similar principle I read somewhere)

I have tried this out today and fooled a couple of my relatives when they came round visiting this afternoon. I repeated the effect 4 times and still they couldn't figure it out.It rocks!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Re;
"I repeated the effect 4 times and still they couldn't figure it out."

Why repeat it four times? Do you normally repeat things until people DO work them out? Smile

Maybe doing it once and following it with three other tricks would be better. Apart from a couple of exceptions, the general rule is never to repeat the same trick immediately to the same audience. Have you never heard that? Don't you know why? Smile

Paul.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Well, cause I'm very confident of this trick to laymen that it will be impossible for them to figure it out. Rest assured man, it was just a test of how deceptive this trick is. I only perform it that many times as I was entirely sure they won't be able to notice anything suspicious and it would seem like real magic to them the more I could repeat the effect.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
How can you be entirely sure? And, if, they fortunately find out the secrets, what would you do with it?

Anyway, personally, I believe it violates the general rule.

Hirase
In love with magic!
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Nay, its just this once(real confident of the effect)...i don't repeat tricks for others.
davidcarlo
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of davidcarlo
Regal's version is a standard part of one of my acts (with some modifcations which, for me at least, make it a stronger revelation and really minimize the chance of missing on the force). I am not familiar with Sankey's version. Is the effect any different? Is the method signifcantly different?

Forget my last posting--just say the videoclip? Who and why would you carry around a 12 card packet with all jack of spades and a queen?? I like a lot of Sankey's stuff, but I'll stick with Self-evident. Choosing one of 52 much more powerful, never mind that it makes much more sense using a full deck--that can then be used for some followup effects if handled properly.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Well you can use a full deck for Jay Sankey's effect too if you know how to control the card with the gaff.
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
Sankey's presintation answers why you would carry around a packet of 12 cards or so. It is similar to another one of his routines that uses an entire deck. I use this routine constantly and it gets great reactions. I highly recomend it!
-Chris
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Probably one of the best routines in his dvd there which I'm planning to get!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sankey's 'Self-Evident' like effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL