The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » CSB: dollar or half dollar? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1463 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I know it's highly subjective, but I've always done this with the smaller 50 cent sized coins and I'm thinking of upsizing..

Any notable advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks-
J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
It Just Depends On the Size of Your Hands! Smile And are you using it Close-up or stand-up???
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Most CSB sets come in half dollar size. However if your hands can accommodate dollar coins and you can handle them well, I say go for it! I think you will have to get the set custom made though.

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Yea Todd Just Had Some KILLER Ones on His Site not To long Ago! Smile But If you can get a Solid C.S.B. Set you can do a lot more With it! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
For the Bob Sheets or Doc Eason routines, I prefer the half dollar version. For Karl Hein's "Catch Up", the dollar version is much better.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1463 Posts

Profile of JNeal
In its setting it is more like Doc Eason rather than Karl Heins, meaning that one or two spectators are very close and others are observing at a little further distance.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Then I would Go by the size of your Hands! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1463 Posts

Profile of JNeal
In thinking about it, since I plan on incorporating the aspect of coins being held in the spectator's hand (ala Doc Eason), I also need to factor in the size of the spectator's hands.... I'd better go with 50 cent size.

thanks guys!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Yea If your Going To go with The Spectator's Hand Use Half's!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
For what it's worth...

I'm not really a coin guy, but I've done CSB quite a bit. I have several CSB sets made by Todd. I have a beautiful Morgan, British Crown, darkened Chinese set that I've used a lot the past few years.

However, I've finally decided to use half dollar size. They're not as visible if you're performing for a relatively large group. I'd use the dollar size then. But, I personally believe that the half dollar size (Walking Liberty or '64 Kennedy) look more like real coins.

Several times I've had people say, "These coins are real?" as I dump them into their hands. I've never heard that when I use half dollar size.

Robert
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1463 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I think your point is well taken Robert. Most people today are not well acquainted with dollar sized coins.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1655 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Another thing to consider is the edge of the c/s insert. With a dollar size, the divide is more obvious than with a half dollar size.

Try Jim Lewis's routine "Foreign Exchange," on his video "Million Dollar Mysteries." In my experience, this is the best routine ever created for this coin and plot. No going to the pockets, start clean and end clean, and an amazing visual change.

Cheers,
Jerry
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1463 Posts

Profile of JNeal
My thanks Jerry!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Jerry, thanks for the tips!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

The Thing That is Wrong With the pocket Is Not the Pocket!!! It's SWITCHING coins In the Pocket! So I have Have worked Out Some Handleings Where there there is No switch outs! And if you are doing Stand up no table Work it hard to get by with it! It's OK if you have a table!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » CSB: dollar or half dollar? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL